Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Just 30+ apart, Soviet Union was still tormenting the planet. Make a more suitable comparison.
    That was within the lifetime of plenty of the people on here. While being gay is frowned upon in certain areas in the US it hasn't been illegal. I am sorry, but there is no way it went from being against the law to completely accepted by people in England in 30 years.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I guess the UK government does not realize that as people have became more tolerant of trans-people laws like the NC law have become necessary because pervs will take advantage of that tolerance; and that the Mississippi law is to prevent the disgraceful prosecution of clerks and bakers just because they don't believe in same sex "marriage".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    I guess the UK government does not realize that as people have became more tolerant of trans-people laws like the NC law have become necessary because pervs will take advantage of that tolerance; and that the Mississippi law is to prevent the disgraceful prosecution of clerks and bakers just because they don't believe in same sex "marriage".
    Wont it make you sad when you realize the only point of the law is to discriminate? Or maybe you are already aware it's just a made up excuse to discriminate, and try to convince others.

Have a look http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e70255967.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That was within the lifetime of plenty of the people on here. While being gay is frowned upon in certain areas in the US it hasn't been illegal. I am sorry, but there is no way it went from being against the law to completely accepted by people in England in 30 years.
    Um, it was illegal in Texas until the Supreme Court struct down the law in 2003. That was the last state for homosexuality to be legalized in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not say that, I said that things are as they are and some states in the States lag behind the modern world in their appalling discriminatory beliefs.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    The Foreign Office is not interested in petty local politics, they do not care why they discriminate, only that they do discriminate, which may affect some UK travellers to those regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Foreign Office is not interested in petty local politics, they do not care why they discriminate, only that they do discriminate, which may affect some UK travellers to those regions.
    I suppose it's out of the Foreign Office's jurisdiction, but oughtn't there be a likewise advisory for certain neighborhoods in London? Certain neighborhoods in East London were having trouble with sharia law patrols as recently as 2014, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I suppose it's out of the Foreign Office's jurisdiction, but oughtn't there be a likewise advisory for certain neighborhoods in London? Certain neighborhoods in East London were having trouble with sharia law patrols as recently as 2014, after all.
    Can you point out which laws in East London discriminate against homosexuals? Pretty sure those laws do not exist, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you show them.

Can you point out which laws in East London discriminate against homosexuals? Pretty sure those laws do not exist, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you show them.
    I'm not interested in your petty local politics, and I don't care why they discriminate, only that they do discriminate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested in your petty local politics, and I don't care why they discriminate, only that they do discriminate.
    That makes no sense, Sharia patrols that broke the law were arrested and imprisoned, the Foreign Office does not report on every crime that happened in a country.

Can you point out the laws in East London that discriminate or not? You have a chance to prove that you made a valid point and did not just type nonsense, so take it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense, Sharia patrols that broke the law were arrested and imprisoned, the Foreign Office does not report on every crime that happened in a country.

Can you point out the laws in East London that discriminate or not? You have a chance to prove that you made a valid point and did not just type nonsense, so take it.
    Why bother, it was a butt hurt remark that had nothing to do with the topic to begin with.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Why bother, it was a butt hurt remark that had nothing to do with the topic to begin with.
    I am trying to explain to people, who are apparently really stupid, what travel advice is.

Apparently they think the Foreign Office should advise about crimes that happened in the past, so their US advice should presumably include a warning not to go into the World Trade Center buildings in New York on 11th September 2001.

Deleted
    Seeing how it was against the law to be gay in the UK until fairly recently. People might not want to get too judgy of others. 1982 it was still illegal to be gay in various parts of the country, so I have to imagine there is still a fair amount of hateful homophobic people there.
    I wouldn't consider 30 years ago recent

- - - Updated - - -

No they wasn't

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to explain to people, who are apparently really stupid, what travel advice is.

Apparently they think the Foreign Office should advise about crimes that happened in the past, so their US advice should presumably include a warning not to go into the World Trade Center buildings in New York on 11th September 2001.
    You're fighting a uphill battle friend against oversensitve Americans

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Oh, even imprisoned? Weird... If so, then, I guess, indeed, this warning is warranted.
    Indeed.
    Imprisonment in an US prison just or entering the wrong bathroom is a bit much.
    The warning is certainly to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The moral high ground from the UK is a little silly though, it wasn't long ago you silly gooses were castrating war heroes for being gay. Even Muricah didn't do that shit.
    It's not really moral high ground, it's just travel advice.

"If you travel here you may run into trouble displaying your sexuality". This isn't a remark that the UK is perfect, just that a freedom people may take for granted currently in the UK isn't necessarily shared in the a country someone may be travelling to, and they should maybe avoid mentioning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    The moral high ground shit from the UK posters is a little silly though, it wasn't long ago you silly gooses were castrating war heroes for being gay. Even Muricah didn't do that shit.
    It's got nothing to do with morals, it's about safety... Also that happened 70 years ago, America wasn't exactly clean then regarding morals

Deleted
    'murica = christianity (/religion) = organised ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I wouldn't consider 30 years ago recent

- - - Updated - - -

No they wasn't

- - - Updated - - -

You're fighting a uphill battle friend against oversensitve Americans
    When it comes to how an entire group of people are treated by a world power government is sure is.

Deleted
    I meant from the UK posters here not from the UK itself, corrected my post to make that clear.
    Probably because American posters are acting like we're calling Americans savages

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's got nothing to do with morals, it's about safety... Also that happened 70 years ago, America wasn't exactly clean then regarding morals
    Justifying things based on bad actions of others is a pretty stupid and weak stance to take. Even more so when the 2 have nothing to do with each other. Do you do that in your normal life? Your neighbor beats his kids so it is okay for you to steal a car?