Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it was just a dirty protest at having to live in Swindon, which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If he's washing his hands after, why would this matter in any way whatsoever?
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Mahbub Chowdhury, 46, had an empty bottle in his kitchen which inspectors discovered was covered in fecal matter.
    He's not washing his hands after, that's why.

That might be considered racist by certain sectors.
    Laws come before culture. We don't allow children to have sex pre-18 despite what other cultures dictate and we don't allow men to beat their wives despite their tradition. So long as it does not conflict with law and common ethics, do what pleases you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Culture isn't a race though. It could be considered intolerant, but never racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Laws come before culture. We don't allow children to have sex pre-18 despite what other cultures dictate and we don't allow men to beat their wives despite their tradition. So long as it does not conflict with law and common ethics, do what pleases you.
    Where are you from? The general age of consent on a worldwide basis is 15-16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent#/media/File:Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Again I have to ask if they found any fecal matter anywhere else in his kitchen.
    He uses the bottle to clean his ass...that's already been established...but is there shit on anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Holy crap I can't believe Endus is asking this question. They found his poop on stuff in the kitchen!
    To be fair, I missed that they found fecal matter on the jar on my first reading.

If he'd kept the jar in the bathroom, though, there'd be no issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    That's not actually supported by the article. Doesn't say anything about not washing his hands, just that he'd bring the jar into the kitchen to fill it.

There's nothing "bad" about cleaning yourself with water rather than toilet paper, if you wash your hands thoroughly in both cases.

back in usa, when i was working in water country usa, there was an indian guy who refused to shave of his immensely long beard because of reasons and working in the kitchen. Good times I say. He worked in the kitchen for 3 months preparing food. Not on the same level as this one but yeah I seethe point.

It is especially difficult to hand when they play the religion card.

Not exactly the same as this. I had to fire a cook once because he would not stop throwing his shitty used toilet paper in the trash instead of flushing it. In Mexico where from like several places with questionable plumbing you don't flush things you don't need to because it might cause clogs or other issues. As it would turn out here in the US there are a few health code issues with having a normal trash can filled with feces covered paper. Talked to him several times about it trying to impress upon him why he needed to flush here and anywhere else really in the US. Sadly he wouldn't stop so he got shit canned.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Disgusting. That man belongs in to jail. For a very long time.

To be fair, I missed that they found fecal matter on the jar on my first reading.

If he'd kept the jar in the bathroom, though, there'd be no issue here.

That's not actually supported by the article. Doesn't say anything about not washing his hands, just that he'd bring the jar into the kitchen to fill it.

There's nothing "bad" about cleaning yourself with water rather than toilet paper, if you wash your hands thoroughly in both cases.
    Human waste is considered a bio hazzard. As a result you can't have it covering anything in a restaurant. I know this to be a fact in the US, I have to imagine it is equally frowned upon in Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I guess that must be a UK thing, the US has no such regulation on "food handlers" needing any kind of permit to do so.
    Almost every county in the US requires food handler cards. You have to test to receive them and demonstrate you understand food safety and handling.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Where are you from? The general age of consent on a worldwide basis is 15-16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of...t_-_Global.svg)
    Florida, guess that's why I'm used to the 18 age requirement.

My point being that if some culture allowed sex at 10, does not make it OK to practice that in a country that starts the age of consent at 16. When in Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Well.... as long as he washes his hands after with soap I couldnt care less?
    Man, I'd love to come over, pick up a steaming pile of poo, then wash my hands and make you a meal. For some odd reason, I think you'd balk at eating it after seeing that happen.

It's gross and frankly I hope they shut the place down until they literally clean up their shit. Cultural integration needs to be part of the immigration process. Not only that, but anyone opening a business, especially one that handles food, needs to go through additional training to meet first world standards, including, apparently, how to use a damn toilet and sink.

I'm obviously ignorant... but why wouldn't he use toilet paper and wash his hands better?

Deleted
    If he's washing his hands after, why would this matter in any way whatsoever?
    Mahbub Chowdhury, 46, had an empty bottle in his kitchen which inspectors discovered was covered in fecal matter.
    The problem is, he wasn't washing his hands properly or was doing so in a food preparation area.

they can claim all they want. it is a health and safety issue. They either abide by HSE regulations or they get closed down. That simple for ALL business.

He should still wash his hands after going to the bathroom even if he used toilet paper.

I have passed by a ton of middle eastern and Indian restaurants in Berkeley but never even considered going in, the places are always empty, always just assumed they were front businesses for illegal activity since the rent is so expensive there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    He should still wash his hands after going to the bathroom even if he used toilet paper.
    I doubt someone could get every particle of crap off their hands with one wash. He is exactly why people get E.coli poisoning. Go rub your hand under an old car then see how many times you need to wash your hands for them to be completely clean.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-25 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Reminds me of Poppies Pizza.

Deleted
    My friend has worked in Nepal and India and in that region, doing work to bring proper plumbing and clean water to the people there, and quite honestly what I've heard from him is that some of the people there are just stuck so far in the past that a lot of the problems there aren't caused only because they don't have resources to do things, but also because they don't either know how things should be done properly, or because of traditions and beliefs. There's an incredible amount of illness and problems, such as birth defects and so on, in that region, and a lot of it is caused by very bad hygiene, which in turn is caused by the lack of proper toilets and plumbing. People basically do their business in the streets and so on.

Those are just the facts, and I'm not trying to insult anyone. The thing is though, that this is something people are actually working actively to try and remedy, and it's something that can't be defended by being a "cultural thing". It's wrong, and it has to be fixed. Clean water, proper toilets, proper plumbing, and proper hygiene should be provided for all people all over the world, because that will combat a lot of diseases, and a lot of problems with birth defects and so on.

I dont know about you, but I highly doubt you are going to get yourself terribly clean with just water. I mean, sure, every once in a while, you take a dump and it takes one wipe or two to come clean, but there are also the times that you need half the roll (or so it seems) before you get it all.

And exactly how do you go about that in the first place? I mean, this is a toilet, not a shower. Do you pour water into your hands and then reach around to scrape / scrub? How would you know you got it all and didnt just smear it around? And even afterwards, you would still need to wash your hands like crazy, as that stuff will be everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Those are just the facts, and I'm not trying to insult anyone. The thing is though, that this is something people are actually working actively to try and remedy, and it's something that can't be defended by being a "cultural thing". It's wrong, and it has to be fixed. Clean water, proper toilets, proper plumbing, and proper hygiene should be provided for all people all over the world, because that will combat a lot of diseases, and a lot of problems with birth defects and so on.
    Very true. I remember people watching last year's Ebola outbreak in africa like a hawk, wondering if it would spread to India. Cause if that shit got into India, you could kiss 1/3 of the world's population goodbye, since it would literally spread like wildfire due to the absolute clusterfuck their sanitation situation is in.

Deleted
    Personally, I try to make it so I can take a shower as often after taking a dump as possible. Obviously sometimes, when away from home, or having to do it at work, it's just not possible. So, in that regard, water > paper every time. But, as said, obviously only if you can take a proper shower.