Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Nah, haven't seen any horrible skins. Just some that are not that great.
    Tracer, Leoric, Illidan looks pretty absurd(I sure as hell would rather have Spectre Illidan than his master)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    As soon as you get used to her and how to blink in every direction you are hard to catch, I had today a match where zeratul gave up on me every time I jump on him he leaves control completely and let me kill him...it's like he gave up to catch me at all LOL.
    He should have tried Vorpal Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Have no idea who will buy her for gold when her Spectre skin is awesome, the mount is just an extra.
    What? Noo, you got it all wrong. It's the mount which is the epitome of awesomeness, the skin is an afterthought, a faded copy of cool spectre Illidan and Spectre Nova!

Just gave her a whirl in trial mode, SOOO much fun to play as. I'm not getting OW though, so I'll have to wait for her to hit the shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how Blizzard did it, but they somehow made a Hero that is nearly as frustrating to play against as Li-Ming. The sooner Tracer gets a nerfbat the better.

To be honest the problem with her isn't that she's overpowered, because I think she is maybe borderline OP at best but the problem is more that she's the only hero that plays like that and there's no hard counter for her like you have with most other heroes. At least not in unorganized solo queue play.

From having played like 20 games with Tracer and 20 something games with a tracer on team, i can say that she's very fun, but rather tricky to play. her health is very little tho, so any hero with a unavoidable stun will make her life hard. Her damage seems solid, so is her mobility, but her survivability varies a lot from player to player and game to game. I've seen so many tracers recall into their own deaths, and on the other hand i've seen just about as many tracers with close to no deaths and max participation.

If she was to get nerfed, i think nerfing the heal on recall would be the right choice. or increasing the cooldown on recall as that seems to be what most people are struggling to deal with.

last thoughts i think that her "ulti" is rather weak, but great for adding that little bit of extra damage when you're chasing down an injured target.

so i was playing around some more and started thiking about Counters to her.
    So far i've come up with these chars.

1. Raynor - while he's a basic hero, he just outranges and outlasts Tracer 1v1. even with a sticky bomb and the 10% bomb talent it doesn't seem to end well for me.(playing tracer) Right now i'm just thinking of him as the hardcounter to Tracer and avoid him when possible.

2. Kael'thas - in a full health duel, Kael should win 80% of the times, the gravity lapse / flamestrike / bomb combo usually ends tracer or forces her to do a tactical retreat. even if you managed to Recall out of the bomb, the next gravity lapse is usualy ready and waiting.
    Obviously this depends if the enemy KT can land the GL's, but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue for most above average players. He is quite prone to getting flanked / assasinated by Tracer when on low health tho.

3. Stitches and Anub'arak - Tracer can outrun/kite most melee characters in this game, but these two have some range (and anub has the annoying lil' beetles) that can make them quite tricky. Like KT, they're dependant on their skillshots (wich tracer can blink away from) but have enough HP to be able to stay in for a while.

4. Abathur Hat build - Tracers low HP and relatively low burst makes Abby hat targets dangerous foes, with spikes and shield they become a little bit too tanky and too heavy hitting for such a low health hp. even with a total recall heal it feels like i have to flee more often than not.

this is just my opinion from playing a few games as / with / against tracer tho.
    Last edited by Fus Ro Yay; 2016-04-25 at 02:48 AM.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post

last thoughts i think that her "ulti" is rather weak, but great for adding that little bit of extra damage when you're chasing down an injured target.

Seriously? It hits harder than Hinterlands Blast, which is a fuckton. It's literally 40% of squishy's hp at later levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    To be honest the problem with her isn't that she's overpowered, because I think she is maybe borderline OP at best but the problem is more that she's the only hero that plays like that and there's no hard counter for her like you have with most other heroes. At least not in unorganized solo queue play.
    I generally like your posts a lot, but no. While she is at an absurd 63%+ WR in QM, she is at 59% in HL Diamond/Masters as well. In other words already more problematric than Xul ever was and still rising. And Xul was hit hard and is still top 5 material after those extensive nerfs. She has the potential to frustrate opponents at least as much as Tyrande and Li-Ming, when they were OP, or a too strong hero with cloak.

The post from Fus Ro makes the problem clear as well. He comes up with a list of four counters, one of them OP as fuck himself and one the arguably most bizarre hero in a game with more than 50. Not looking good.

Overall I feel her design is at least very questionable for a MOBA as her skill moves have a reasonably low CD and allow negating many of the skill moves of her opponents.

Never played Overwatch, so I can't comment if she is annoying in that game as well, but I very much hope she sets no precedent for upcoming Overwatch heroes. While transfering heroes and abilities from an RTS is a reasonably straightforward process, they have no experience doing the same for a shooter and promptly messed up their first experiment.

I think that every discussion of Tracer being OP or not should cease. She's not even released to the general public yet, is a very unique hero and as such, even more difficult to learn to play against for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every game that I have had a Tracer on either team in HL, the Tracer team ended up winning. The last HL we had a Kael'thas as well as I playing Greymane, but we kept losing because of how Tracer could just dive extremely deep into a team fight (even under our own towers) and then Recall out while landing the final killing blow without actually posing any threat to herself.

Heck, because of how her Blinks and Recall mechanics work she can avoid getting hit by ultimates like Greymane's Go For the Throat and his others attacks, since Greymane's damage only register when the target is at the location where the Hero originally was (this also happens with Bolt of the Storm). This can in turn lead to your ultimate going off and it does literally nothing and Tracer can keep doing this with just her basic kit, yet her health pool is still that of a Valla (Tracer lvl 1: 1270, Valla lvl 1: 1324). So yes, she is broken beyond belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I think that every discussion of Tracer being OP or not should cease. She's not even released to the general public yet, is a very unique hero and as such, even more difficult to learn to play against for everyone.
    She is OP. The one thing that puts her completely over the edge is that her health pool is too high for the amount of mobility she has. Her health pool is pretty much equivalent to a Valla, yet her basic kit makes her more mobile than Valla. This is not a learn to play issue here, she just is not squishy enough. Tracer needs a health nerf at the very least.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-04-25 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    She is OP. The one thing that puts her completely over the edge is that her health pool is too high for the amount of mobility she has. Her health pool is pretty much equivalent to a Valla, yet her basic kit makes her more mobile than Valla. This is not a learn to play issue here, she just is not squishy enough. Tracer needs a health nerf at the very least.
    I don't mind putting more emphasis on dodging, but she must be able to take one or two hits.

- - - Updated - - -

But no, being able to dodge damage by blinking should not be possible at all. I never understood and still am baffled as to the reason champs can dodge pyroblast by blinking. This should be fixed, not nerfing champs because they have blinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Every game that I have had a Tracer on either team in HL, the Tracer team ended up winning. The last HL we had a Kael'thas as well as I playing Greymane, but we kept losing because of how Tracer could just dive extremely deep into a team fight and even under our own towers and then Recall out while landing the final killing blow without actually posing any threat to herself.

Heck, because of how her Blinks and Recall mechanics work she can avoid getting hit by ultimates like Greymane's Go For the Throat and his others attacks, since Greymane's damage only register when the target is at the location where the Hero originally was (this also happens with Bolt of the Storm). This can in turn lead to your ultimate going off and it does literally nothing and Tracer can keep doing this with just her basic kit, yet her health pool is still that of a Valla (Tracer lvl 1: 1270, Valla lvl 1: 1324). So yes, she is broken beyond belief..
    That's exactly her gameplay. She's designed to be extremely disrupting and untouchable at the same time. You described exactly what she should be doing :P

OP OP.
    Tracer climbed to the top of HotSlogs stats with a 56% win ratio.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    OP OP.
    Tracer climbed to the top of HotSlogs stats with a 56% win ratio.
    Kael is right under her, you think he is OP also?

There is still learning curve for people to counter her, currently best counters are Raynor, Kael and Greymane. I'm glad they introduced Tracer since she becomes best counter to Li Ming right now so I can stop keep banning Li Ming every start of the game and focus on more OP map oriented heroes other than her.

KT has become a top pick once again. He is being picked/banned in every tournament game at the minute.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion KT is a counter to Tracer. The only thing he has half a chance of landing is a LB. If Grav Lapse was targeted I'd say he was a counter, but Tracer can dodge almost all of his damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post

Did I hit a nerve or something? Do you happen to fall into that category? If so, do something about it rather than crying when someone else says something about it. I've been there myself, being unfit/chubby for a good deal of years. I did something about it though instead of complaining that the media didn't portray my body type or that people were insensitive if they said fat/chubby people are unattractive.

The general world population isn't physically attracted to fat/obese people
    I think we're a bit off the thread topic, but you're right and just let the dude be triggered. The vast majority of the Western world finds obesity unattractive and we all know it. There are good reasons for it, from simple instinct, to avoiding people who clearly don't respect themselves, to-gluttony-is-a-deadly-sin type. Anyway, we've said enough. This thread is about Tracer :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like those win rate arguments regarding what is overpowered and what isn't.

Sure they have some leverage, it is a problem when hero is one of two extremes. However look at Nazeebo, he has a stable over 55% win rate in Platimum, Diamond and even Master leagues for several months in a row now (Always in top 5 win rate heroes). Does it mean he is overpowered?

Tracer is just a Hero who is excellent in a certain situation, but is rather bad at anything else. She is a hero you need to play differently against, that is all in my opinion. I have never seen her that influential in games, unless I happened to have a composition without stun.

I mean, she can harass and punish team fight losing team even harder than Illidan can I guess. However Illidan is okay solo laner and is excellent at taking camps, he brings far more map control. Which in the end is far more influential.

Now if we are going to nerf her, just reduce the healing of her level 20 talent.

It's always the same "people just gotta learn to counter her give it time omfg she's not op!!!!111" argument when people don't want their new toy nerfed. She's overpowered - same as Ming and Xul on release with winrates peaking at 56-60%. She'll get the nerf bat when they reduce her price.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-04-25 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    It's always the same "people just gotta learn to counter her give it time omfg she's not op!!!!111" argument when people don't want their new toy nerfed. She's overpowered - same as Ming and Xul on release with winrates peaking at 56-60%. She'll get the nerf bat when they reduce her price.
    She's not even released yet. Most people do not even have access to her. You're clearly wrong, plus you guys do not even say what is OP. Pulse bomb? Her AA? What?

Tracer actually does pretty low damage, she's great at chase and harass though. I suspect people are finding her OP because she disrupts the existing meta that emphasises high damage glassy heroes.

Though IMO her blink cancelling Xul's root is BS :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.