Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Which Fictional World would you Choose to Live the Rest of your Life in?

You shall be transported to a fictional world to live in for the rest of your life, or until the end of that world. You will remain human (no turning into Gandalf or dragons), but if that world permits it you may be able to attain or otherwise any powers that as realistically as said world permits. You will also be subjected to the laws of that universe, be they legal decrees by the Powers that Be or how physics works in that world (if the elves have banned humans from their empire, you are henceforth banned from their empire and risk whatever consequences there may be if you attempt to go to elf land. If gravity does not kill people in the Dark Souls universe, you will not die from two hundred foot fall... not that you'd want to live in the 'Souls world anyways). Choose.

While doing so, you may also wish to state what you wish to do with your life in that world, and any apprehensions or concerns you have about living there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even figure out how to answer this. Every 'world' I try to put myself into, I just go "meh, I could do better" lol. I figured this would be easy to answer, but once I started thinking about it, it's really not...

I guess probably WoW. As much as I hate to say that. It's just the only world I know so much about, and how it functions. I don't know what I'd do or be, or really what I would actually enjoy in that world. But at least it's pretty :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Elder Scrolls Universe, but then I remember that Daedric Lords are kind of a big influence from time to time, and Aedra are really dead in that universe.

Can't really say tbh. Every world has a huge downside, like the threat of being annihilated by sudden doom unless someone saves it every 5 years.

Real world is dangerous enough, but at least there are safe havens within reason, even on Azeroth youre not safe from crazy shit happening to a capital city if push comes to shove.

Star Wars universe wouldnt be too bad to live in though, but it would be rough to get a start on an intergalactic life with no credits to your name, could easily get stuck on a planet indefinitely.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Middle-earth, definitely.

I've always thought the Shire would be an awesome place to live. It wouldn't be a huge stretch for a human to befriend some hobbits and make a home there. I mean, the home would have to be more human sized with a higher ceiling and such, but yeah...seems like everything is pretty peaceful and laid back there, which is something I'd love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Middle-earth, definitely.

I've always thought the Shire would be an awesome place to live. It wouldn't be a huge stretch for a human to befriend some hobbits and make a home there. I mean, the home would have to be more human sized with a higher ceiling and such, but yeah...seems like everything is pretty peaceful and laid back there, which is something I'd love.
    Peaceful, at least until Saruman showed up and totaled the Shire. You'd be the only person descended from the race of men around, and you'd have to get used to crouching inside hobbit houses, but definitely a nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Maybe the Elder Scrolls Universe, but then I remember that Daedric Lords are kind of a big influence from time to time, and Aedra are really dead in that universe.
    it wouldn't be so bad, if the universe was real at all. it's just the dreaming of the godhead, nothing means anything since we'd all just be figments of the imagination of some incomprehensible thing.

anyway, i'll say star wars. just live on coruscant and be happy. preferably as a twi'lek.

One where I'd never die. I wanna be immortal and unaging.

Know any?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Know any?
    Any cyberpunk universe with brain uploading and permanent residence in computer programs (Neuromancer, Shadowrun, Expelled from Paradise). Also, immortality in the real world via becoming a cyborg (Ghost in the Shell, Shadowrun, Deus Ex). Too bad most Cyberpunk world's are comparatively crapsack (mega corporations owning everything, cops who don't do anything, etc)

It is possible to become an Ascended being in the Stargate universe despite being a human, were you pretty much live as a disembodied spirit with god-like powers until the end of the world.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-04-18 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is possible to become an Ascended being in the Stargate universe despite being a human, were you pretty much live as a disembodied spirit with god-like powers until the end of the world.
    and you could dick with the universe as much as you want, since the other ascended are douchebags that don't interfere with the universe.

i wanna be that.

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k, I'd join the army and become a guardsman.

Aah I see a long life with much happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not in one of those Fantasy world, due to lack of modern tech and constant wars and such.

My first pick would probably be Mass Effect post the synthesis ending. Everyone essentially becomes immortal, all living beings are friendly towards each other, the level of technology is absolutely unimaginable - dreamworld!
    The second one would be Star Wars. Some Republican or loyal to Republic planet during a peaceful time sounds nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well right off the bat I'd say Hogwarts, you said I still stay human, and if I can be at Hogwarts then I have to at minimum know about the magical world even without being able to use magic. Obviously, I'd prefer to have magic if I lived in that world, but just being able to be around witches/wizards would be pretty amazing. Bonus is that I get to continue using all my normal tech, a la phone/pc/etc and magic!

Next up I think would be Middle Earth. Living in the Shire with a human sized hobbithole, and just enjoying the simple life would be nice. The mean life expectancy for humans in middle earth is like 160 years, with a high of 300+ and a low of 80ish.

Deleted
    I definitely wouldn't like to live in any fictional world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Know any?
    Dark Souls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iAnnEr View Post
    Dark Souls
    You stole my answer

Anyways, I guess probably Aincrad. The whole Death Game thing aside, I know how to survive in a MMORPG and if you've read Sword Art Online: Progressive, you'd know that the game mechanics are pretty neat!
    Oh and I'd steal Asuna, sorry Kirito

the wizarding world of harry potter. i think that would make me most happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    the wizarding world of harry potter. i think that would make me most happy.
    This is about fictional worlds. Harry Potter was a documentary.
    Are they letting Muggles in this forum now?

I choose you, Pokémon! I wanna cuddle my Flygon at the top of a mountain, while my Rapidash provides warmth and my Glaceon naps on my lap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I refuse to accept this, because that means I never got my damn letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Are they letting Muggles in this forum now?

I choose you, Pokémon! I wanna cuddle my Flygon at the top of a mountain, while my Rapidash provides warmth and my Glaceon naps on my lap.
    This. Pokemon has my vote because anyone can be a trainer and with most of us min/maxrs here would crush that world and become the very best. Also Ash is a loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I'm stuck in this world, because being in another without the advanced medicine of this reality would mean my death.

Unless things like "cure disease" or a quick flash heal is more effective than I thought, in which case.. I'm not sure. Maybe Warcraft but I feel like that universe is pretty doomed. Harry Potter may be nice.