Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the hate or love. From everything I've seen and heard it looks average. Almost painfully so. Then again I didn't buy into the hype so I'm not out any dough. I do like what EH brought up because it at least gave the Division something that was sort of interesting instead of more, meh...
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2016-04-25 at 01:42 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the game sure has it's fair share of bugs/errors/glitches, I am having a good time and I'm willing to give Massive the time they need to shape this into something cool and awesome.

But I also acknowledge it all looks pretty damn amateuristic for such a big publisher to have such a bad QC over their patches and their way of handling it. If something like the FL glitch pops up they should have just pulled it offline or disable mobile cover in there. I'm no programmer but that doesn't sound like a complex solution to such game breaking bug. Same goes for the Phoenix Points reward glitch, just disable the damn reward vendor until you sort that stuff.

I'll let them iron it out. Destiny wasn't the same game at launch either tho Massive should have an entire team observing the games around them and avoid the pitfalls others already made a long time ago. It's like if they are developing the game in a bubble, like someone else already pointed out. That's just unbelievable.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't get the hate or love. From everything I've seen and heard it looks average. Almost painfully so. Then again I didn't buy into the hype so I'm not out any dough. I do like what EH brought up because it at least gave the Division something that was sort of interesting instead of more, meh...
    Me neither. I've had quite fun in my ~150h in the game, so I don't complain I did not get enough for my money. The leveling and gear upgrading process is quite entertaining.

But when you spent more time in the game, you will notice that they have no plan about the endgame. It's boring, unbalanced and buggy. When all there is to do is grinding to get a minimal chance of getting an upgrade, bring a first raid that makes ToC level design look innovative, and then you'll notice that half the stats don't work at all or not as announced, and playing the game is so much more fun using exploits because then you indeed have a chance to have a shot to get that 4% chance of dropping the item you want with a 1/512 chance of getting the talents you want (and need, since they are the only ones working), you will lose interest in playing and get salty pretty fast.
    For example you will hardly care that protection from elites is not working properly when leveling up or doing some challenge mode dungeons. But when you try to optimize you gear with it so you have a real (not trench farming tactics) chance at FL challenge mode - where not every single mob will oneshot you -, investing large amount of hard to earn materials on it, and then you realize it does not only not work, but also doing the opposite, you might understand that people are not so happy about it. And don't get me started about PVP...

When you want to compare it to a Blizzard title I would never choose WoW (it never had those mechanical bugs that can easily be reproduced if they had been tested a single time) it fits much more vanilla Diablo 3. That also shipped with untested torment modes that you could only play with some cheesy tactics, and the loot distribution was also completely random (but at least they had the AH to deal with that, and the affixes did what they stated).

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it amusing when people cry about wasting their money and they have 100+ hours in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I do find it amusing when people cry about wasting their money and they have 100+ hours in the game.
    Then ether your easly assumed or don't get why people say that.

You can spend 100 hours in a game and then devs start making shitty choices and make that time feel wasted. The Division is the perfect example to this, In MMO style games they can make one choice and undo all that time you spent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then ether your easly assumed or don't get why people say that.

You can spend 100 hours in a game and then devs start making shitty choices and make that time feel wasted. The Division is the perfect example to this, In MMO style games they can make one choice and undo all that time you spent.
    I get that you're a whiny bitch, along with Zephyr.

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-04-25 at 04:46 PM.

I get that you're a whiny bitch, along with Zephyr.
    And I get that all you can do is bitch about those bitching.

But hey ignore my point (Along with others), Its what your good at.

Anyone who has spent any time in a MMO or MMO-ish game knows what I am talking about. Problem is people like you don't like others opinion who disagree with yours.

Also I paided for a product ill bitch about it as much as I want, In truth even if I didn't I still would. Freedom of speech is amazing
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I get that all you can do is bitch about those bitching.

But hey ignore my point (Along with others), Its what your good at.

Anyone who has spent any time in a MMO or MMO-ish game knows what I am talking about. Problem is people like you don't like others opinion who disagree with yours.

Also I paided for a product ill bitch about it as much as I want, In truth even if I didn't I still would. Freedom of speech is amazing
    I agree the game is a buggy mess currently, was still fun to play, no actual bugs stopped me from having fun when I played. Lack of content is what stopped my fun. I am sure they are working hard to fix the bugs, but they fix one, and another appears.

All you do is bitch constantly about it, that it gets very boring as you continue to bitch about the same points over and over, sounding like a kid who had his toys taken away from him.

You do sound like someone who is butthurt, but anytime someone says that either you or Zephyr are acting like butthurt lil bitches, you turn it around that they are the butthurt ones.

There is such a thing as giving negative constructive feedback, neither you or Zephyr do that, you just bitch like a kid.

I'll take my ban for telling you how it is, and how you look to people reading this thread.

I agree the game is a buggy mess currently, was still fun to play, no actual bugs stopped me from having fun when I played. Lack of content is what stopped my fun. I am sure they are working hard to fix the bugs, but they fix one, and another appears.

All you do is bitch constantly about it, that it gets very boring as you continue to bitch about the same points over and over, sounding like a kid who had his toys taken away from him.

You do sound like someone who is butthurt, but anytime someone says that either you or Zephyr are acting like butthurt lil bitches, you turn it around that they are the butthurt ones.

There is such a thing as giving negative constructive feedback, neither you or Zephyr do that, you just bitch like a kid.

I'll take my ban for telling you how it is, and how you look to people reading this thread.
    Here is a idea so bare with me a moment. Don't like what I got to say then put me on ignore.

I spend $110 on this game and if there is something about it I am annoyed by ill bitch about it. Congratz you enjoyed playing it and so did I at moments. But the negtives for me personally fair outweight the pros. So yes I feel my time with The Division is wasted because of it being a broken mess and they keep making shitty choices.

If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you. But like I said I spent my $110 ill say anything I wish about the game for as long as I want to. Even if I didn't its freedom fo speech. So if you don't like what I got to say then put me on ignore.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-25 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, over the weekend, I had been grinding my ass to DZ Rank 75 (still not there yet) and ended up running around with my buddies killing rogues (like we do). We found a group and started killing them, and 1 ran off from the pack. I decided to chase him down. Followed him through a few alleys and streets until he ran down into the subway.

Whipped out my Hunting M44 (163) and put on Explosive rounds when I had a moment. As soon as I got to a long straight hallway in the tunnels, Aim and Fire...1 shot to the back of the head.

Bolt Action Sniper + Explosive Rounds = Win. I stood over his body, and just watched him bleed out...no clap...Just stared him in the eyes...and watched.

Additionally, I picked up the pattern for the 182 Custom M44, and got a useable roll on it. Headshot crits now hit for 1.4 million. And my SMG head shots crit for upwards of 200k.

And I have Krazy to thank for it. Your tips worked, and with upwards of 150% crit damage, and about 80% headshot damage, I'm doing some serious damage now. Just need a better Grip for my Vector, and i'll be all set.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2016-04-25 at 12:31 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    New glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWdSCaXrwg

So far only visual though, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Got unlimited ammo/clip working though as long as I hit the head once in a while, so at least I have that going for me.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-04-25 at 05:19 PM.

what else is new with this game. Every other day there's a new glitch.

Hahaha. You mad bro?

I find it quite ironic how all you can do is bitch about other people bitching. At least my bitching is warranted because it's directed at a game that I spent time and money on, only to have it disrespected and shit on by the developers. It is one of the buggiest and most broken games I've played, and all of my concerns and complaints are legitimate. You need only look at what a multitude of others have been saying in here as well to see that.

But please, do go on name calling and acting like a child because our opinion doesn't match yours. Hypocrite much?

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-04-25 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    what else is new with this game. Every other day there's a new glitch.
    I fucken figured out. Ubisoft/Massive you are some cleaver fokes I tell ya what.

These are not glitchs/bugs, No these are the new content updates we will be getting. Next week we get the big head "glitch" content update fallowed by the invisable man "glitch" content update.

So sneaky I mite have to go rebuy the game again for $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rehabilitation glitch is apparently back. But i'm waiting to see if it is just visual, or if the healing actually is in effect.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You came into this thread like an angry fanboy, and have been doing nothing but hanging around since just to troll people. Please leave already.
    I havent even been nearly as rude and angry as you or the other mad guys. I hope you get a hug irl mate

However... being dragged into offtopic by the hate and bitterness of you and the others i will simply stop replying to such and instead report it for what it is. Please leave me alone and instead focus on the topic of this thread...
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2016-04-25 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I havent even been nearly as rude and angry as you or the other mad guys. I hope you get a hug irl mate

However... being dragged into offtopic by the hate and bitterness of you and the others i will simply stop replying to such and instead report it for what it is. Please leave me alone and instead focus on the topic of this thread...
    Not for nothing, but you shouldve stopped replying a while ago. I get that people enjoy this game...despite the bullshit in it I still enjoy it...However it's every other day it's something new being exploited or glitched. A lot of the problems with this game to me is, a lot of the skills don't actually work and that every time they seem to fix one thing, they break another. I get it's their first game of this scale...but enough is enough already. I've never seen a game have this many problems in the first month in my history of gaming. Yes wow had TONS of issues....but the scale of vanilla wow versus the division is so vastly different. Vanilla wow, was at a minimum 10-15x bigger than the division was on top of the fact that gaming in general didn't have such massive budgets when it was released. A lot of the things that have been found out by the players, should be found by a QA team. So they either a) don't have a QA team at all or b) they all suck at their job.

10+ Year Old Account

It's amusing, if anything.

Ummmmm

You came into the thread and told everyone bitching to stfu (in short). You put urself there no one dragged you into anything.

Alright folks, let's get back to discussing the game and not other peoples posting habits. Thanks.