@Cellineth - I don't really feel that way, but if you do, I highly recommend you post it on the official forums. It's feedback that the developers ought to hear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    750Ti is now the "recommended" video card IIRC, so that jump tells me that yes, it does matter.
    750Ti as recommend for DX11 I assume.

I'm gonna trade out my 970 for the equivalent of a 980 of Pascal. Can't wait to play the game at 4k come august

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    @Cellineth - I don't really feel that way, but if you do, I highly recommend you post it on the official forums. It's feedback that the developers ought to hear.
    Well I don't see what else I'm meant to spend my time on ingame? It's no secret that this whole expansion will be about grinding artifact power to unlock all the talents of your artifact weapon.

As I said, I could be wrong because I'm not done with my artifact missions in my class hall, but I fail to see what else I'm meant to spend my time doing ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Well I don't see what else I'm meant to spend my time on ingame? It's no secret that this whole expansion will be about grinding artifact power to unlock all the talents of your artifact weapon.

As I said, I could be wrong because I'm not done with my artifact missions in my class hall, but I fail to see what else I'm meant to spend my time doing ingame.
    Whatever the hell you want. At least, that's the design goal. Not telling you what to do, just giving you a bunch of options and letting you decide.

Besides, if you think the main goal is grinding Artifact Power, then why are you rushing to get that done? You're essentially depriving yourself of a reason to play that way.

Deleted
    I thought the world quests were worthwhile, with the faction caches + possible ilvl upgrades from them (people are already whining about mythic ilvl stuff sporadically dropping from them)?

Disclaimer: I've had alpha for a week, I got it about 2 days after I unsubbed to WoD (coincidence? I think not!)

I loved the leveling, I loved doing the intro quests as a DH. Now that I'm 110 I'm wondering about the gameplay.. And I'm frankly a bit scared of a repeat of WoD.

Right now there are random world events that give you loot, artifact power etc. Since you must go by ground mount, it takes a while to go around and do all of these. Ontop of this you have the missions in your class hall. Atm I'm doing the artifact missions and they have half an hour - an hour time. I find myself sitting in the class hall and just doing random heroics which give better loot than the world quests and also give a secured artifact power item upon completion, plus you often find artifact power items from mobs or stronger ones from the bosses.

I might be wrong, and I hope someone with months of experience on the alpha will prove me wrong, but atm I foresee the gameplay the exact same as in WoD; you sit in your class hall, wait for misions to complete/recruit new mercenaries while signing for heroics since the alternative of going out in the world is worse. Of course we are in alpha and this is subject to change, but I can't help but to feel that this LFD/LFR interface where you can afk in a city and sign for everything is ruining it.

I want to go out in the world and do quests, kill stuff etc., but it's no fun if it's meaningless and there's a stronger/easier/better alternative i.e afking in a city/class hall. As a tank/healer spec with instant queues I'd definitely do this. If I was a dps I'd marry a tank or healer and spam heroics all day.

Anyone else have similar experience/feeling from playing the alpha?
    LFD will become obsolete in 1-2 weeks after launch as heroic dungeon gear will be eclipsed by Mytic+ dungeon gear and Mythic+ dungeons are not queable (thank god). LFR gear will hopefully be just as shit as it was in WoD. I don't think anyone ran HFC LFR for reasons other than legendary quests as the gear was soooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I don't understand why they don't just make LFR something different from a raid entirely. It is not a raiding experience, it does not give you any decent sense of what the bosses do and from WoD onward the gear is useless anyway. As you've said only reason to do it was for the questline.
    I really think making LFR work like a scenario (and filling it with NPCs if there are not enough players, as with the Broken Shore scenario) would be better. Give quest items in it and add a goody bag for completion that is half-decent (like with Heroic Scenarios) and it would serve it's purpose well. Ofc more work for them so I doubt it'd happen.
    Isn't that essentially asking why they don't make LFR something different from raids because it's something different from raids?

For that matter, i want MoP style scenarios back.

Deleted
    So if I looted an item once but now its deleted will I keep the appearance or do I have to obtain it again?

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    So if I looted an item once but now its deleted will I keep the appearance or do I have to obtain it again?
    Unless it was a quest reward, you'll have to obtain it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Unless it was a quest reward, you'll have to obtain it again.
    Damn...so much loot wasted[emoji14]

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For that matter, i want MoP style scenarios back.
    There's one at the start of stormheim, and our artifact quests are scenario style. Unless you mean specifically 3 player scenarios
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I thought the world quests were worthwhile, with the faction caches + possible ilvl upgrades from them (people are already whining about mythic ilvl stuff sporadically dropping from them)?
    Really? Maybe I've just been unlucky or the chance of getting such gear is really low. As said, I don't have months worth of experience, but already a week in seems a bit repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Whatever the hell you want. At least, that's the design goal. Not telling you what to do, just giving you a bunch of options and letting you decide.

Besides, if you think the main goal is grinding Artifact Power, then why are you rushing to get that done? You're essentially depriving yourself of a reason to play that way.
    This might be the design goal, but players are lazy fucks and will do whatever is the easiest and most effective way of gearing/progressing their character, even if it means afking in the class hall all day and spam lfd/lfr instead of exploring the world. I know some like to explore, but the majority always take the easiest way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    LFD will become obsolete in 1-2 weeks after launch as heroic dungeon gear will be eclipsed by Mytic+ dungeon gear and Mythic+ dungeons are not queable (thank god). LFR gear will hopefully be just as shit as it was in WoD. I don't think anyone ran HFC LFR for reasons other than legendary quests as the gear was soooo bad.
    I've done a couple of mythic dungeons and completely forgot about the need to run to them (probably because you can port on alpha due to test reasons) - Good point, at least this gives an incentive to run around in the world. In the long run through, it feels extremely grindy unless there's a cap on artifact power gain, since your character is obviously balanced around having every perk, you will want to max out as fast as possible. On the other hand, it might create this "meh" feeling like valor cap - Something that *has* to be done every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is new transmog class-limited ? Can I transmog my mage with priest sets ?

Really? Maybe I've just been unlucky or the chance of getting such gear is really low. As said, I don't have months worth of experience, but already a week in seems a bit repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be the design goal, but players are lazy fucks and will do whatever is the easiest and most effective way of gearing/progressing their character, even if it means afking in the class hall all day and spam lfd/lfr instead of exploring the world. I know some like to explore, but the majority always take the easiest way out.

- - - Updated - - -

I've done a couple of mythic dungeons and completely forgot about the need to run to them (probably because you can port on alpha due to test reasons) - Good point, at least this gives an incentive to run around in the world. In the long run through, it feels extremely grindy unless there's a cap on artifact power gain, since your character is obviously balanced around having every perk, you will want to max out as fast as possible. On the other hand, it might create this "meh" feeling like valor cap - Something that *has* to be done every week.
    Do it like Conquest cap. Week 1 has a cap and that cap increases each week you don't cap. I think that's kinda how it works I don't pvp much. Like say the cap is 1000 a week but you hit max level at week 4 so your cap is 4000 giving you the option to fully catch up

Disclaimer: I've had alpha for a week, I got it about 2 days after I unsubbed to WoD (coincidence? I think not!)

I loved the leveling, I loved doing the intro quests as a DH. Now that I'm 110 I'm wondering about the gameplay.. And I'm frankly a bit scared of a repeat of WoD.

Right now there are random world events that give you loot, artifact power etc. Since you must go by ground mount, it takes a while to go around and do all of these. Ontop of this you have the missions in your class hall. Atm I'm doing the artifact missions and they have half an hour - an hour time. I find myself sitting in the class hall and just doing random heroics which give better loot than the world quests and also give a secured artifact power item upon completion, plus you often find artifact power items from mobs or stronger ones from the bosses.

I might be wrong, and I hope someone with months of experience on the alpha will prove me wrong, but atm I foresee the gameplay the exact same as in WoD; you sit in your class hall, wait for misions to complete/recruit new mercenaries while signing for heroics since the alternative of going out in the world is worse. Of course we are in alpha and this is subject to change, but I can't help but to feel that this LFD/LFR interface where you can afk in a city and sign for everything is ruining it.

I want to go out in the world and do quests, kill stuff etc., but it's no fun if it's meaningless and there's a stronger/easier/better alternative i.e afking in a city/class hall. As a tank/healer spec with instant queues I'd definitely do this. If I was a dps I'd marry a tank or healer and spam heroics all day.

Anyone else have similar experience/feeling from playing the alpha?
    First : world quests can give better rewards than dungeons (and reputations). Second, world quests can give you mats for professions. Third, world quests can give you pets. Fourth, world quests can give you mounts. That's enough for me to run them.

Fifth : hc dungeons become obsolete really fast. Sixth : class halls missions give you quest to do something in the outer world.

Seventh : wow and most of mmos always were about "afk in X place waiting for a dungeon/raid or whatever" if the only thing you care about is getting better gear.

Homophobia is so gay.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more worried about world quests becoming irrelevant by the first content patch of Legion. They really need to stay on top of that shit and update it throughout the expansion life.

You know what blizzard are like, they'll make something great and then balls it up by focusing on something else.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I'm more worried about world quests becoming irrelevant by the first content patch of Legion. They really need to stay on top of that shit and update it throughout the expansion life.

You know what blizzard are like, they'll make something great and then balls it up by focusing on something else.
    The system lends itself very well to small updates in future patches, if they miss such an opportunity I'll be surprised [adding new quests in super easy compared to adding new instances].

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I live where PAX East is hosted. I couldn't go this year but I had several friends attend. None of them mentioned getting Beta Keys.
    There was no legion presence at all. Only overwatch. I asked about it and they said devs call. I was a little bummed honestly since warlords had a huge presence at pax two years ago. Shit happens though. Was an amazing pax this year so not too upset about it.

I can see them adding stuff in like the seasonal legacy servers that many have talked about in 7.1 Will probably find out more about 7.1 at blizzcon (I swear If legion has less content patches than MoP I will call it quits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Okay, you guys really confuse me. What does the release of a game have to do with the development of another game? Just because Overwatch is coming out doesn't mean that Blizzard is going to delay a build or delay the beta. They (presumably) have a schedule to follow and need people to test shit. I just don't get the obsession with the idea of Blizzard delaying things due to the release of something that an entire other development is working on.
    one game will take away all the attention?

Formerly known as Arafal