Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10-15% chance it will be, in my opinion anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero?

Even in the technical/craftsmanship categories it's unlikely imo. LotR had a lot more pedigree behind it and did something unprecedented.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-04-25 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Marvel movies don't even get attention from the Academy, why would Warcraft?
    EVEN? lol marvel movies are the biggest pieces of trash around , warcraft better be a better movie than the marvel junk

Sorry but I don't see Warcraft winning anything other then maybe a Razzie award...

I think it will be nominated for visual effect and make-up/costumes. Maybe for original score too.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    EVEN? lol marvel movies are the biggest pieces of trash around , warcraft better be a better movie than the marvel junk
    That's a pretty rare opinion.

I don't know, how much are they paying?

More seriously, Blizzard's location puts their members in the same social circles as the Oscar judges. While Blizzard's top folk are a bit younger than the Oscar clique, it isn't unrealistic to expect there to be some overlap. Still, the Oscars aren't handed out for direct merit and are, in some cases, earned over time till the Oscar people decide it's someone's year.

So far as getting an Oscar is concerned, the biggest thing the Warcraft movie has going for it is the death of David Bowie. It lets the Oscars harvest Duncan Jones's presence for all it's worth.

Seriously? A videogame movie about what the general public seems to be calling a "shitty looking lord of the rings knock off for neckbeards"?

Magic 8 ball says dont count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Lord of the Rings trilogy won many oscars

FUCKING NARNIA won 1

and people saying Warcraft wont win any? ok lol
    please.. Warcraft is not same calibre with those movies

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    please.. Warcraft is not same calibre with those movies
    why? you based your opinion on a shitty marketing trailers? really?

plus, warcraft cgi is ages better than narina and avatar, and the sets are so realistic

lotr and narnia both fantasy movies

all of them won, so why not warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    they wont win anything. maybe best costume or something dumb af, but i wouldnt get your hopes up.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Seriously? A videogame movie about what the general public seems to be calling a "shitty looking lord of the rings knock off for neckbeards"?

Magic 8 ball says dont count on it.
    I'm not sure if that says more about what they know about LotR, or about what they know about WarCraft.(Not much, either way)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Sure, the Lord of the Rings Movies won 12 (I Think?) Oscars. Generally Fantasy Movies dont get nominated for Oscars.
    Lord of the Rings was groundbreaking on so many levels, thats why it got 12 nominations.

So basically the only way a fantasy movie gets recognised by the Academy is how groundbreaking they are... Warcraft has spent 18months purely on special effects... is this enough to get a nomination?

100% gonna be a nominee for best special effects... but that doesnt mean its gonna win tho.

And maybe on best set? or whatever thats called where they award for best movie-set.

0. Anybody who knows anything about First War lore is going to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    100% gonna be a nominee for best special effects... but that doesnt mean its gonna win tho.

And maybe on best set? or whatever thats called where they award for best movie-set.
    The sets are nice, they really are, but there are movies that build cities. A street, a couple of rooms and a tavern aren't all that amazing. Sure it's more than what most CGI-heavy films do, but Oscars aren't pity awards.

And yeah, it's likely it'll get a special effects nomination, next to the Jungle Book and, perhaps, Dr. Strange. If nothing incredible is released later this year, it may even win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post
    0. Anybody who knows anything about First War lore is going to hate it.
    A dozen out of thousands who know nothing about Warcraft and may have a very good time with this movie?

Deleted
    Might get a nomination, 99% it wont win anything. The AAwards are hugely flawed. Not saying it does/doesnt deserve to win because we yhavent seen it obviously, but the Academy tends to have voting patterns, and when they aren't forced to see films they will pass over them if they dont fancy them. I highly doubt many Academy members would even bother going to see Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    why? you based your opinion on a shitty marketing trailers? really?
    So we got shitty marketing trailers and therefore we should not already feel the movie is shit?

So you say that because we "only seen crap" the rest of the movie should be great! Because that is how trailers work don't they? They feed us crap in order for us to become interested in seeing the actual movie. If the trailers are THAT shitty, the movie cannot be as bad! I get it!

That is some logic right there.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It won't need a subforum.

Mark my words.

The movie is not that interesting (I am trying to be polite here).
    Sadly, if the suggestion had come about a year ago, there definitely should have been a subforum for the movie. However with it releasing very soon, it'd be a waste of time to code it.

The movie has a built in fanbase that will adore it. It's also got a built in crowd who will pay for a ticket in order to find whatever wrong with it they can in order to dog it on the internet after. Whether it will win any awards, time will tell. The acting awards probably not, but there are visual effects, music and sound effects categories where it has a chance, if they're top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralyn View Post
    A Warcraft film isn't the kind of film that gets an Oscar.
    Yeah, pretty much this - same goes for Avatar.

Hey, wait a second.

EDIT: Heh, forgot about LOTR. I love all the haters sure that the movie will flop only because of the CGI amount - right, they should've just hired real orcs.