Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Private servers will grow in numbers, WoW subs will shrink in numbers.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion's only fun for a month, Blizzard hits eject button when sub numbers drop to the diehard fanbase they'll have no matter what. World of Cardstone is announced, turns out to be legacy servers in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    What if I like my spec and don't want to play any other? And what if I don't enjoy playing everything a second time on an alt? Yep... much content to enjoy.
    then play

you know, like you did in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP (some of those didnt even have CMs as content)

or did you bitch about lack of content in each of those expansions too ? if so then nvm

Deleted
    Nostraliusfags will still be salty as fuck LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    then play

you know, like you did in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP (some of those didnt even have CMs as content)

or did you bitch about lack of content in each of those expansions too ? if so then nvm
    Okay so I should play on private servers then? Because thats mostly what I did after the first month of the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    No the game is just bad. I'm sure mechanically it's fine and has great underlying systems and character progression but the world is just so uninteresting, the narrative is just awful and when leveling up a character is that boring and that painful you won't even get to experience the good stuff unless you push through.
    I'm all for giving praise where praise is deserved. Final Fantasy XIV for example is my MMORPG of choice these days. The world and the characters are interesting and the gameplay is fun and you need that in order for people to even bother reaching endgame, an endgame which btw at its highest difficulty is bloody hard.
    Wildstar isn't that bad dude. It's miles above any of the modern MMOs that have been released. Please don't praise the FF endgame in one paragraph then say WS isn't a good game in another. The endgame content in WS is MUCH harder than that of FF. I've done a fair amount of endgame in both games over the past 2 years and the FF is no comparison... I take it you didn't play Wildstar's as you got bored leveling up, so I'll let that slide..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Private servers will grow in numbers, WoW subs will shrink in numbers.
    Private servers will keep getting shutdown <3

On-topic:
    The game will slowly die off, probably has at least 2 more full expansions, including Legion. It's going to happen eventually, the game is over a decade old and is slowly getting boring to the masses, which is clearly shown in feedback on forums etc.

I'll be happy and sad to see it go, I love the game and will continue to play till the servers are closed but it's lived a long, fruitful life. It's one of the best, most successful games of all time, amazing job to Blizzard for keeping a game going played by this many players going for as long as it has been and continues to be.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    *subscriber count drops to 6 mill, FFXIV overtakes*
    It would have to rise to 6m first lol.

Seriously though, I don't hold out much hope for legion, they are wasting too many resources on halls/artifacts. We know garrisons cost us a raid tier in WoD which is one of the reasons the expansion was so small/lame and it doesn't look like they will fix that mistake in Legion, they have already confirmed the plan to repeat the flying mistake >.>

I wish we could get another four tier expansion like TBC/WotLK but it doesn't look likely
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-04-25 at 11:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Actually it was more like this:

Vanilla - Wow! This is new and exciting, and Blizz got so many things right. Some things are little wonky, but this a truly engaging experience.

BC - Wow! What an expansion! 2 new races with their own leveling zones, a whole new continent, flying, arena...so many things that expanded the experience. Better balancing overall, but a few things that could still be improved.

Wrath - Nice! A new class that was supposed to be more than it was, but still nice. New professions which are cool. A few things that are becoming too easy, but still very, very nice overall.

Cata - Okay. Nice that the revamped the old world, and a couple of new races that are fun. Otherwise, just tweaking the same offerings that have been in the other expansions. Leveling is becoming a bit too easy with all this heirloom gear. BC / Wrath was a good deal better.

MoP - Okay. One new race and a new class. Leveling is rather trivial anymore, so that is boring. Skills are dumbed down a bit as are professions. I guess I can just keep running the raids over and over again and play on that island. BC / Wrath was a lot better...except to those that started in Cata, in which case, Cata was better.

WoD - Okay. You promised a return to BC / Wrath days, and this is not at all what BC / Wrath was like. Leveling is a joke and you can actually buy to max level - 10? I'm supposed to spend most of my time in the garrison by myself clicking on menus? The only thing to do at all is keep running raids over and over with the difficulty slider? Blizz didn't even offer a new race or class, and seriously dumbed down skills even more. Why do I even have more than 4 classes anymore...they play almost all the same? BC / Wrath was a hell of a lot better...except those that started in Cata, in which case, Cata was a lot better...except for those that started in MoP, in which case, MoP was better.

Legion (prediction 3 months after launch) - What? You promised you'd make everything great again, but you have gotten even lazier. A new class with only 2 specs? Everyone is stuck with a single weapon based on class / spec? Skills are dumbed down even more (I didn't think that was even possible)? You rebranded garrisons as class halls, but do largely the same thing? Is anyone besides the art department even trying anymore? There hasn't been a new significant concept added since Wrath. BC / Wrath remains the legend from long ago...except those that started in Cata, in which case, Cata was much better...except for those that started in MoP, in which case, MoP was a lot better...except for those that started in WoD, in which case, WoD was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Give it a month and you don't even get the 40 people anymore.

And the scaling thing, maybe the items CAN scale up to mythic raid level and with the next tier (if there is one) they scale higher, the higher iLevels are like what 4% chance? And because raid tiers get obsolete by the time next tier lfr comes around.
    Mythic+ chances scale with difficulty, LFR will give equal if not better gear for far less effort...
    You're under the assumption that Mythic+ in Legion will work the same as Mythic in WoD. Either you're are ignorant of the facts or you are knowingly spreading misinformation to justify your stance.

Facts: Mythic+ gear ilvl will be scaled up to the difficulty of the dungeon NOT random chance. Mythic+ gear will only be lower than LFR gear if you are really bad at the game. As new tiers open up and ilvl increases, the Mythic+ gear ilvl cap will be raised to the new Mythic raid ilvl.

The only thing holding Mythic+ back will be the lack of set pieces dropping.

Mythic+ chances scale with difficulty, LFR will give equal if not better gear for far less effort...
    never go full retard

Deleted
    We always have to criticize things based on the things we don't like but let's be honest we always return to WoW eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Wildstar isn't that bad dude. It's miles above any of the modern MMOs that have been released. Please don't praise the FF endgame in one paragraph then say WS isn't a good game in another. The endgame content in WS is MUCH harder than that of FF. I've done a fair amount of endgame in both games over the past 2 years and the FF is no comparison... I take it you didn't play Wildstar's as you got bored leveling up, so I'll let that slide..
    Yeah I was arguing with some dude, and in my opinion Wildstar didn't "fail" because of catering to hardcore players since most of us didn't even get to experience that content. It failed because the world and the narrative just wasn't appealing and the questing was dull.
    And that's why I compare it to FFXIV, a game with a world that feels so much more magical and a leveling up experience that's just awesome.

I'm sure the endgame in Wildstar is great, but if the world and the characters just isn't interesting people will quit before they get to the good part.

Yeah I was arguing with some dude, and in my opinion Wildstar didn't "fail" because of catering to hardcore players since most of us didn't even get to experience that content.
    It failed for trying to target the hardcore at the exclusion of others. It doesn't matter much if they also failed to satisfy the hardcore.

WildStar's initial sales were anemic, never mind its retention. Anyone who wasn't a hardcore had to see all the bro talk and be skeptical about buying the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yeah I was arguing with some dude, and in my opinion Wildstar didn't "fail" because of catering to hardcore players since most of us didn't even get to experience that content. It failed because the world and the narrative just wasn't appealing and the questing was dull.
    I think early level questing was quite funny at times. But the game got very grindy at the end and so did the quests.
    But questing on the moon with lower gravity and other fun stuff was ok. The end game was too much grind combined with a very high difficulty (you had to react twitching fast) and that was really exhausting. To do twitch play for hours in a raid was just too much. Fevir made a good video about that:

Just watch the raids in the background. Compare that to even mythic raid bosses in WoW.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    I keep seeing people mention "one tier expansion" or that Legion will not get any new dungeons or raids in patches. Don't know if that's a fact.
    people also say "Jaina is a Dreadlord" all the time.
    so it must be true.

Formerly known as Arafal

Dreadlord is a Jaina

Hahahahahaha rofl rofl rofl at final fantasy overtaking hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    somehow this wasnt a problem in MoP, hmm

and MoP didnt even have 10 "infinite instances" (in fact it only had 6 new crap ones)

also there are these things called off-specs/off-spec artifacts and alts
    It wasn't a problem with MoP, because MoP followed up fast with 5.1, then 5.2, then 5.3, then 5.4. (MoP had way more new things than Legion has, don't even try to compare, these infinite instances are a complete joke in perspective.)

If Legion does follow up with a flurry of patches, things might be good, indeed. Will it? I doubt it.

Deleted
    Prediction: Wildstar will overtake WoW

Kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It wasn't a problem with MoP, because MoP followed up fast with 5.1, then 5.2, then 5.3, then 5.4. (MoP had way more new things than Legion has, don't even try to compare, these infinite instances are a complete joke in perspective.)

If Legion does follow up with a flurry of patches, things might be good, indeed. Will it? I doubt it.
    ah so you bash it pre-emptively for something that hasnt happened yet

and shifting goalposts where you first started talking about Legions release content and then shifted to patch content

got it

and nice talking out of your ass with the bolded