Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    OP is talking bullshit about the funding of IS
    Muslims are learned to lie to decieve others,

Turkey and SA fund IS its been proven
    They still barbaric ways to execute people mostly false acused.
    they should wipe SA of the earth be done with the most horrible place on the world.
    1) I've never said that SA doesnt fund those groups (directly or indirectly)
    2) There is a difference between Muslims and Islam. Islam, the religion, does not teach peoples' to lie and deceive. If, however, peoples' do end up doing that then that is a fault with the person themselves. It is not to do with the religion.
    3) Saudi has it's many many problems. But honestly? I'd rather live there where there remains a sense of community, of cultural identity rather than the UK or the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You've commented on several other issues here, but have no opinion on this? This is an online gaming forum, not a discussion with your Saudi politicians.

It doesn't seem a bit suspicious to you that your gov't would threaten financial retribution on another gov't for trying to get at the facts of the most infamous terrorist attack in modern history?
    @Caolela, the reason why I'm not commenting on this is because there's nothing I can say. You have the facts, I have the facts, everyone knows how it went down and who were the key actors. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's blindly obvious what Saudi's role was, and - assuming your smart - therefore dont need me to give my opinion about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i like this, it's really nice
    question, you have easy access to internet and mangas/animes? if it so, your fansubs sub in english or in arabic?
    why the hell arabic sweets are so freaking good (it's really like eating a piece of heaven)?
    and how about the coffee?
    I'd say internet is relatively easy to access. I've always watched/read anime/manga in English so I wouldnt know. Some of the older stuff is dubbed in Arabic though, and many of my friends watch Arabic subbed stuff (dunno how easy it is to find tho).

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    "Who is your fav. Jew" is one of the most hilarious questions I've ever seen in a while

Anyway, I have a better question! Is it true that you eat food with your hands?

Just kidding dude! Do you think there is a "master piece" in Saudi Cinema, and if so, can you give me the name?
    Kinda sad to say this but I'm only recently getting into Saudi movies. I havent found any true gems but ill send you a PM sometime in the future if I do find something.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    What i wanna know? let's see... i think i'll pass.
    Hmmm ... All I can really say is that this guy is a whiney little bitch. He is basically the reason that motivated me to make this thread. Yes Saudi has all these problems; yes there are systematic issues with corruption, and abuse of power ... etc (I could go on for hours). But does that mean the innocent peoples' living there have to bear the negative consequences of those in power? Everyone here talks about fairness and justice, and human rights. So to me as a Saudi, it seems like the most contradictory thing to say is that "this place is bad; lets just bomb it and start anew". Keep in mind that this is, basically, the same approach the colonizers adopted when doing their atrocities. And we all know the systematic and extensive impact that colonisation has had on, not only the region, but also the global system.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieWayen View Post
    The only thing I know is about the discrimination of woman in there, that's all I need to know, so I don't like Saudi Arabia.
    Not even worth giving a response to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    how good/bad are the saudi drivers?
    kebabs and shawarmas are from SA?
    There are different kind of Kebabs. One is the Turkish one, and you generally see it in Turkish joints (i.e. donar kebab / donar kebap). These are basically a meat paste made from the left over animal carcasses mixed w/ spices and cooked. The other kind - which are the skewered pieces of BBQ'ed meat - are Middle Eastern (not sure from what part but the Iraqi's are famous for them).

Shawarma's are part of the Middle Eastern cuisine. The thing about Saudi is we don't really have much of a national cuisine. Most of the dishes you find are originally from India, Iran, or the Middle East.

Drivers here are horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post

@Caolela, the reason why I'm not commenting on this is because there's nothing I can say. You have the facts, I have the facts, everyone knows how it went down and who were the key actors. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's blindly obvious what Saudi's role was, and - assuming your smart - therefore dont need me to give my opinion about this.
    Fair enough then, if one accepts the official version of events (which I don't). But I see your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it seems like no1 is asking anymore questions I'd just like to take the time out of my day and thank all of you for your wonderful questions =D

There are a lot of things that just slipped my mind and will most definitely attempt to answer them in my analysis.

Peace out c00l d0gz

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Since it seems like no1 is asking anymore questions I'd just like to take the time out of my day and thank all of you for your wonderful questions =D

There are a lot of things that just slipped my mind and will most definitely attempt to answer them in my analysis.

Peace out c00l d0gz
    Thank you also for your patient answering. Neat to hear people's experience in other places in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post

As for anime. I myself watch them online like any other country. Japanese with english sub. There some websites that do arabic subtitles, But I was never a fan of arabic subtitles.

Coffee is done arabian style. It's not as strong as black western coffee, but it taste really good and we always offer it to guests to the country.

With respect to subtitles-- what do you like more about English subtitles than Arabic?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

This might not be something anyone knows, but just how centralized is power in Saudi Arabia? Members of the Saudi royal family and ruling parties have been touted as liberal reformers before, and progress is slow, so there are many doubters of those claims. It's my suspicion that the rulers of Saudi Arabia have to strike a balance between repression and approval for fear of being overthrown, which limits their ability to press reforms. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this?

Nonsense. All nonsense. I love how you saudi guys try to sugar coat shit and call it candy all day. "They aren't that oppressed", "They only have to wear a hijab", "You just get a few lashes". Death to sharia law. Fuck all countries (this should be earth, that's it), but fuck yours real hard in particular for being a human rights nightmare with your brainwashed citizens thinking this shit is all gravy. It wouldn't piss me off so much if you were just like everyone else and were like "ya, our country does some nasty shit". But no, it's always "o00o0o we're not that bad, you guys just don't know". We know dude, it's a great place unless you're from the wrong country, race, religion, or sex, or ya know, a human being. Just be real about it.

Non. Sense.

Deleted
    Why is Mecca considered so holy? I understood it's also the place of a meteorite impact?

How come Saudi Arabia was not so openly against Israel as other nations in the region? In this context, I'm talking about the fact that they're both allied with the USA.

excellent question. and it's completely true.

I think that the Saud family are liberal reformers. "after all they used religion as means to unite the country". However, in the country, you have two types of people. Conservatives and liberals. in fact, we have extreme cases of both. so The saud family have to please both sides at the same time which is near impossible to make since you will piss off either.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have a question then move on instead of of accusations and throwing insults.
    Yaaaaa how bout you beat your feat. Every online forum, even gaming ones like this, have a thread every other damn week with one of you guys posting these kinds of threads. How about you keep your lies and propaganda to yourself? Why is it saudi guys feel the NEED to defend their terrible country with all this bullshit, white washing, and candy coating?
    Saudi's main exports: hatred, bigotry, sexism, zealotry, and old men in dresses with small dicks parking badly outside 5 star hotels in other countries.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-04-23 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    I think because that's where Al'kaba is located. Al'kaba is considered the house of god and was built by Abraham "yes, same abraham in the christian faith." because god told him to built it. Also, muslims always pray facing mecca no matter where they are in the world.

Regarding Israel, "despite my own opinion" I think the Saudi government lost hope in the Israeli-palestine issue and decided they are better off investing their time some place else. We are not allies with Israel just because we both happen to have the same ally.
    I see, thank you for both answers, interesting information. Yes, the Al'kaba, that was what I was interested in.

As any other country. We Saudis have a certain level of pride towards our country. We will feel insults thrown at our country as if they were thrown at us. You keep thinking whatever you want. I won't stop you. But with your attitude, you got infracted which is about right.

I am more than willing to answer questions regarding my country with arguments aside. aside from that. I'm not really interested in debating.

- - - Updated - - -

I think because that's where Al'kaba is located. Al'kaba is considered the house of god and was built by Abraham "yes, same abraham in the christian faith." because god told him to built it. Also, muslims always pray facing mecca no matter where they are in the world.

Regarding Israel, "despite my own opinion" I think the Saudi government lost hope in the Israeli-palestine issue and decided they are better off investing their time some place else. We are not allies with Israel just because we both happen to have the same ally.
    Wiki: As the birthplace of Muhammad and the site of Muhammad's first revelation of the Quran (specifically, a cave 3 km (2 mi) from Mecca),[5][6] Mecca is regarded as the holiest city in the religion of Islam[7] and a pilgrimage to it known as the Hajj is obligatory for all able Muslims.

Specifically for Muslims, this is the main reason given. Mecca has been a holy city before Islam though.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I wonder when that hive of villainy and terrorism will finally loosen its grip upon the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Wiki: As the birthplace of Muhammad and the site of Muhammad's first revelation of the Quran (specifically, a cave 3 km (2 mi) from Mecca),[5][6] Mecca is regarded as the holiest city in the religion of Islam[7] and a pilgrimage to it known as the Hajj is obligatory for all able Muslims.

Specifically for Muslims, this is the main reason given. Mecca has been a holy city before Islam though.
    Not really, even Pagan Arab myths hold that it was built by Ibrahim and his son, Ismail, as the first house of worship for mankind.

I have no questions, at least at the moment, but I read the thread and wanted to say thank you for making it.

It certainly brings new kind of information to us who don't live there and I love when people's prejudices get shattered ^_^

Don't mind the haters (haters gonna hate, right?) and keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    This might not be something anyone knows, but just how centralized is power in Saudi Arabia? Members of the Saudi royal family and ruling parties have been touted as liberal reformers before, and progress is slow, so there are many doubters of those claims. It's my suspicion that the rulers of Saudi Arabia have to strike a balance between repression and approval for fear of being overthrown, which limits their ability to press reforms. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this?
    Power is centralized among the top heads of the Government (Ministers and King + Crown Prince + Deputy Crown Prince). The policies they pursue are influenced by those around them, i.e. religious establishment and other individuals in the government who have their own personal interests they are pursuing. I think the "repression" that we experience is artificially constructed by these corrupt few in the government who require it to continue pursuing their own personal interests. There is no real fear of being overthrown because the top figures can just crack down and jail them. Although what they are afraid of is losing their power and support base, which is why they strike the balance as you've said.

Mohammed bin Salman (the current deputy crown prince) is domestically known for cracking down on corruption and uprooting governmental inefficiencies, as well as things that hinder the citizens experiences with the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Nonsense. All nonsense. I love how you saudi guys try to sugar coat shit and call it candy all day. "They aren't that oppressed", "They only have to wear a hijab", "You just get a few lashes". Death to sharia law. Fuck all countries (this should be earth, that's it), but fuck yours real hard in particular for being a human rights nightmare with your brainwashed citizens thinking this shit is all gravy. It wouldn't piss me off so much if you were just like everyone else and were like "ya, our country does some nasty shit". But no, it's always "o00o0o we're not that bad, you guys just don't know". We know dude, it's a great place unless you're from the wrong country, race, religion, or sex, or ya know, a human being. Just be real about it.

Non. Sense.
    First of all no-ones saying its not shit. All I'm trying to do is give you a more accurate depiction of the region. I guess I'm trying to try to show you what the region's like from an insiders perspective rather than looking at the place with a set of preconceived notions of how things should be (i.e. a Western standpoint). If you'r unable to remove yourself from your standpoint and see things from a different persons view point then, my good friend, I feel very sorry for you.

Second, no-one has belittled the lashes. Most peoples - if not all - would be crying in agony after 5 let alone 50 (or 1000).

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    I wonder when that hive of villainy and terrorism will finally loosen its grip upon the world.
    Probably when the Western world stops supporting them br0
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    I have no questions, at least at the moment, but I read the thread and wanted to say thank you for making it.

It certainly brings new kind of information to us who don't live there and I love when people's prejudices get shattered ^_^

Don't mind the haters (haters gonna hate, right?) and keep it up.
    Thank you very much for your comment =D. I was expecting some of these silly comments but am surprised to see how little they are.

why is saudi arabia stuck in the middle ages?

10+ Year Old Account
    i see my questions continue to go unanswered.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

deleted due to an irrelevant post.
    Last edited by Daten-shi; 2016-04-25 at 03:57 PM.

is that a question? or just patting yourself on the head?
    That's answers to those who have questions and yes, I wanna pat myself a bit.

You are not qualified to answer questions about Saudi Culture. But thanks for contributing whatever.
    I didn't link anything related to culture. I am sure you have noticed by now that this thread isn't about knowing only the cultural side of your country (which I have no doubt is very rich). Afwan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so much censorship?