Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Boy you really are on a crusade to get LFR removed eh?
    Some of these jokers have been on that crusade since LFR was released. The only raiders in this game are 13/13 Mythic. Anything less and you don't belong and should go find another game

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Some of these jokers have been on that crusade since LFR was released. The only raiders in this game are 13/13 Mythic. Anything less and you don't belong and should go find another game
    Uhm no they are not. Heroic and Normal players are raiders too.

7+ Year Old Account
    You fail to realize that some people dont wanna be more social, just log into the game, doing some stuff and log off.
    There are severals reasons for that:
    - times
    - average players age (we are 12 years older)
    - many more games to play with
    - different languages
    - Alts

I have my "social" part of life outside of the game. I dont care to interact with others players, my english is not good and I play already with my guild's friends.
    Many of us use tools like group finder just for alts, and beacuse there are many non-english players in small servers, they need to use tools like that.

I'm harsh because the problems are not the tools but the people.
    Many when playing use socials for twitch, youtube, blogs, facebook, twitter. As result that we are very social, but outside of the game.

We got friends lists, cross realms, so wherever we are, we always can plays with friends, but sometimes we need some others player to fill our group/raid.
    We came from all the parts of the worlds, we got different times, different languages and that kind of tools help players to find a way to play as they like it.

If some players prefer to use a tools instead to have a guild, its because they dont wanna have a guild. If players prefer to use LFR, it's because they are ok with it.

I truly dont understand why you people, if you dont like a tools, instead of avoid it, want to be removed from the game. If removed, is not an advantage to you, but a disadvantage for all that player that use it.

Is very semplicistic thinking if blizzard remove LFR/LFD/GF/ etc (and addon for making that and forusm for help players to organize themself outside the game) we became all friends and more socials. Just like thinkg that we are less social because of that.

So, if you want to be more social, be more social but not pretend that all the players must play as you would like.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

#removeremovethreads!

Deleted
    I absolutely loved having to HS out of a dungeon mid-way through because the tank or healer DC'ed/left/ragequit and having to spend 30 minutes messaging trade chat for a randomer to join. /Sarcasm off

I also do not remember any sort of communication or coordination required in dungeons/heroics in Classic or afterwards, you either knew what you had to do, or you got bitched at and were replaced a lot of the time. After getting my way up into a guild in TBC, I vowed never again to put myself through the hell of making dungeon groups, as it was far too much hassle trying spamming trade chat to fill groups.

Thankfully Group Finder made my life a lot less stressful and I actually get to see the content that I want to do, with ease.

If you honestly think removing Group Finder will solve any issues in regards to people not talking or being jackasses, I'm afraid people were just the same before Group Finder came out. It just took you longer to find them because it took 2 hours to do a setup and do a dungeon run.

Edit: Also I don't even have instance chat on, and haven't engaged in random pug chat since I met asses after asses after asses constantly throughout Classic and TBC while making/joining dungeon groups. It's stayed the same 'til now. Speaking at any point makes you a target for people to funnel their frustration into. If you truly want to make it a social game where people act like civilised human beings, take away their anonymity and give them harsh consequences for being an ass.
    Last edited by mmoc96b83ddb80; 2016-04-25 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm no they are not. Heroic and Normal players are raiders too.
    Don't inject facts into my Hyperbole statements! I dislike the LFR haters because they claim to be "real" raiders, yet them seem to be extremely bothered by what the fake raiders are doing. Ohh, someone AFK'd for 30 mins and got some crappy 685 gear, that just gets me foaming at the mouth mad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    You fail to realize that some people dont wanna be more social
    Those people should be playing a single player game or some other type of game not an MMO which should be around social interaction between players

Is very semplicistic thinking if blizzard remove LFR/LFD/GF/ etc (and addon for making that and forusm for help players to organize themself outside the game) we became all friends and more socials. Just like thinkg that we are less social because of that.

So, if you want to be more social, be more social but not pretend that all the players must play as you would like.
    I have been playing this game for about 10 years now and I can tell you there was alot more social interaction before xrealm and the groupfinder
    Why? because if you wanted to advance in wow you needed other players to like you or help you.

If you give people an incentive (faster progress) to interact with each other that people will do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Merging servers doesn't help. X-realm the the only solution. Not to mention that servers are the sign of old era that come only from technical reasons. Nowadays it's all about bringing everyone together without any restrictions. Welcome to the internet.
    Oke in that case just make 1 big server with everyone on it. This should be possible with phasing people out to prevent lag

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The data is invalid: just because x numbers of players play something that is free does not mean they will pay for it. This is not rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The number of people who play a free game is not especially useful for a company whose only real interest would be in the number of people who would be willing to pay a monthly fee for said game.
    It's not meant to show how many people would pay for it, it's meant to show that there IS interest in vanilla realms, contrary to Blizzard's insistence that there isn't.

Considering that these people likely paid for vanilla back when it was on retail, combined with how shitty and buggy pretty much every server is, I don't think any of them would object to paying for a vanilla server with perfect scripting, no lag/crashes, and high population.

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    So, instead of a 10 min queue for dps, you will have a 2 hour trade chat spam session before you can do the dungeon? No thanks. Blizzard knows more than you, what you want. You should just trust them. The nostalgia you are looking for can never be recaptured, until you start a new MMO. Everything seems rose colored when you are looking back at when you were 12.

Blizzard will never remove LFG or LFR. You aren't even posting this somewhere where they will read it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are we?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oke in that case just make 1 big server with everyone on it. This should be possible with phasing people out to prevent lag
    No. It's technically inneffective and doesn't have any point really. Server community is a myth. You cannot befriend hundrends of people. This is outside of human perception. Most people can be realisticly aquainted to several dozens of people but only a part of those can be realisticly called friends. When the group goes over a hundred or so you stop recognizing most of the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    the blind sighted are just that, blind..

To make the removal of the group finder tool work, a whole plethora of other things would have to be reversed too.
    And one of them would be a few million players who play this game now, but either haven't back in the days without it, or have dramatically changed their behaviors.
    What the blind cannot see is that the group finder tool was/is a direct result of the ever growing toxicity within the game's player base.
    It is as much a convenience tool as it is a protection.

You can abolish that tool again once you can quest or do something in the world without anyone else trying to snatch your targets away from you..
    You need those mobs? I don't give a fuck, I chain tag them because I want them more...
    You want into this 5 man dungeon group? Show me your heroic raiding gear, else fuck off..
    Stuff like that too, is why we have group finder.. A ruthless, rather radical player base that is on an ego trip of epic proportion.
    And that is what is different to the game's earlier days.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Those people should be playing a single player game or some other type of game not an MMO which should be around social interaction between players

I have been playing this game for about 10 years now and I can tell you there was alot more social interaction before xrealm and the groupfinder
    Why? because if you wanted to advance in wow you needed other players to like you or help you.

If you give people an incentive (faster progress) to interact with each other that people will do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I've been playing the game for 10 years plus also and I will tell you I do not ever want to go back to spamming city for hours to get a group going for one stupid fucking dungeon. Have them fuck up and then leave to have us fly back to the city and spam for another player. If you REALLY did play back in the day you would've been through the hell it took to find players.

I for one like signing on late at night around 12am and hit LFG without having to spam my server trade chat for people, continue questing, and have my LFG pop up.

People want social interaction but 98% of these fuckers that play WoW are extremely sarcastic, smart ass mutha fuckin keyboard warriors. No, Thanks Im fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsadist View Post
    Yea I've been playing the game for 10 years plus also and I will tell you I do not ever want to go back to spamming city for hours to get a group going for one stupid fucking dungeon. Have them fuck up and then leave to have us fly back to the city and spam for another player. If you REALLY did play back in the day you would've been through the hell it took to find players.

I for one like signing on late at night around 12am and hit LFG without having to spam my server trade chat for people, continue questing, and have my LFG pop up.

People want social interaction but 98% of these fuckers that play WoW are extremely sarcastic, smart ass mutha fuckin keyboard warriors. No, Thanks Im fine.
    let alone that one does not have to use the tool at all.
    No one prohibits anyone from searching and forming groups the old fashioned way.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

EXACTLY! I remember back in Vanilla that I met a player on one of the Italian realms, a Warlock called Cammy. I was still a lowbie and she was riding on her class mount, she offered to help me in a few dungeons and we ended up becoming friends. Later on in my home realm I had 30+/- people on my friendslist in addition to my guildies. I met all of those by playing the game and having to behave decently. Now I don't meet anyone because cross realm means people can be shitheads with no consequence, which is also the main reason I and many others wont or hate to use any LFG system.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You can abolish that tool again once you can quest or do something in the world without anyone else trying to snatch your targets away from you..
    You need those mobs? I don't give a fuck, I chain tag them because I want them more...
    You want into this 5 man dungeon group? Show me your heroic raiding gear, else fuck off..
    Stuff like that too, is why we have group finder.. A ruthless, rather radical player base that is on an ego trip of epic proportion.
    And that is what is different to the game's earlier days.
    I don't think it was that different. That radical player base was there from the start tho it might have been smaller. But for sure it did exists in the early days and with time it was becoming more and more annoying. You did raise a good point that LFD wasn't only for convenience but also for protection and the demand for both started growing quite rapidly in TBC. I guess in Vanilla it was less painfull since Vanilla as whole was much easier and vast majority of players were new and inexperienced so the toxicity wasn't as visible yet. But there were the early symptoms already in Vanilla. I still remember while leveling an alt in low level zone, I've seen someone asking on general where to find some quest objective. The answer they've got was: "check thottbot noob".

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's not meant to show how many people would pay for it, it's meant to show that there IS interest in vanilla realms, contrary to Blizzard's insistence that there isn't.

Considering that these people likely paid for vanilla back when it was on retail, combined with how shitty and buggy pretty much every server is, I don't think any of them would object to paying for a vanilla server with perfect scripting, no lag/crashes, and high population.
    And there is the issue. You have no clue how many paid for Vanilla, considering most are simply downloading the clients needed for pservers. You have no clue how many would be willing to pay a sub fee. Blizzard has already determined it is not worth their time, or in their best interest to spend the money to provide such content. Arguing what their experts have determined will not change the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    let alone that one does not have to use the tool at all.
    No one prohibits anyone from searching and forming groups the old fashioned way.
    The group finder tool is it made everyone lazy and therefor it is impossible.

Also the group finder tool can stay if we remove xrealm the result will basically be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    And there is the issue. You have no clue how many paid for Vanilla, considering most are simply downloading the clients needed for pservers. You have no clue how many would be willing to pay a sub fee. Blizzard has already determined it is not worth their time, or in their best interest to spend the money to provide such content. Arguing what their experts have determined will not change the outcome.
    Yeah, Blizzard is weird that way. They have this thing where, they want everything they do to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, instead of a 10 min queue for dps, you will have a 2 hour trade chat spam session before you can do the dungeon? No thanks. Blizzard knows more than you, what you want. You should just trust them. The nostalgia you are looking for can never be recaptured, until you start a new MMO. Everything seems rose colored when you are looking back at when you were 12.

Blizzard will never remove LFG or LFR. You aren't even posting this somewhere where they will read it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are we?
    If you cant even read the first post than dont bother making a reply

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    EXACTLY! I remember back in Vanilla that I met a player on one of the Italian realms, a Warlock called Cammy. I was still a lowbie and she was riding on her class mount, she offered to help me in a few dungeons and we ended up becoming friends. Later on in my home realm I had 30+/- people on my friendslist in addition to my guildies. I met all of those by playing the game and having to behave decently. Now I don't meet anyone because cross realm means people can be shitheads with no consequence, which is also the main reason I and many others wont or hate to use any LFG system.
    If you think that people who were shitheads in Vanilla felt any consequences you are very naive. On my server there were whole guilds of shitheads who simply wanted to annoy other players. And suffered no consequences at all since they had each other to play with.

Nothing is stopping you from befriending nice people from other realms. I've done that myself. But at the same time if you meet shiheads you can be sure you'll never meet them again (especially if you add them to ignore). You see, you CANNOT change other people's behaviour. But you can shield yourself from people you don't want to interact with.