Thread: White Eggs WTF

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bet it's the English weather. The chickens feel like shit hence the brown eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So, you don't know

LOL gotta love the hilarious passive aggressive comments, made my day
    What's passive aggressive about it? They are running a business by bringing the product they think will sell to market. If there was a market for white eggs, I think someone would have figured that out by now. I'm just answering your questions, as are many others, but you are basically asking why the sky is blue and water is wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    So.. You don't know either?
    I frankly don't care about the color of the egg on the outside.
    I care about what is inside. And that depends on how the chicken that laid the egg actually lives.
    I take a white egg from a freely roaming chicken that gets a variety of foods over one that's brown but laid in a breeding battery, with rather bad diet.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Was this really worthy of a thread? A five minute google search could've given you all the eggxcelent answers you'd need.
    I applaud you for your eggceptional response to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The chicken's color doesn't affect the color of the egg? Or are we talking about something else?
    I don't know - people keep saying it's been answered why white eggs are uncommon here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I frankly don't care about the color of the egg on the outside.
    I care about what is inside. And that depends on how the chicken that laid the egg actually lives.
    I take a white egg from a freely roaming chicken that gets a variety of foods over one that's brown but laid in a breeding battery, with rather bad diet.
    Neither do I, that wasn't in question

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    We have both eggs here in Finland. White eggs are more common though.
    I have literally never seen any brown eggs here, but then again I haven't really looked into it - I just know that they exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know - people keep saying it's been answered why white eggs are uncommon here

- - - Updated - - -

Neither do I, that wasn't in question
    And the question was answered.. You actually changed the goal post of your question somehow..
    First part: The color of the egg depends on the chicken breed, entirely.

Second part: Since you dominantly get white eggs, conclusively to the first part, they breed primarily chicken in the UK that lay white eggs.
    Which means other breeds are not native to the UK (which after all is an island) and need to be imported. Now check your quarantine laws for that matter, whether it is easy to import such animals, and whether it would be lucrative to do so.

So you don't know why white eggs are rare here
    it might have something to do with the fact that most of the brown egg layers are year-round layers, even in the dead of winter they will lay, and tolerate cooler climates better.

Deleted
    And the question was answered.. You actually changed the goal post of your question somehow..
    First part: The color of the egg depends on the chicken breed, entirely.

Second part: Since you dominantly get white eggs, conclusively to the first part, they breed primarily chicken in the UK that lay white eggs.
    Which means other breeds are not native to the UK (which after all is an island) and need to be imported. Now check your quarantine laws for that matter, whether it is easy to import such animals, and whether it would be lucrative to do so.
    So you don't know

All of the eggs I get are shades of brown. Every chicken lays a slightly different color. Some of my farmers even say they know which chicken laid it just by looking at the egg.

But, we also have mass production of eggs, and for some reason the industry decided we like white eggs, so they breed chickens that lay white eggs. /shrug.

Idea for your next thread: ask why cheese is always shown as orange in cartoons.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Consumer preference. British people probably won't buy white eggs. The egg industry probably want's white eggs though, it would be interesting to see if the British egg industry ever tried to introduce white eggs.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't know
    Why are you being intentionally obtuse about this? You can't seriously be this bereft of intelligence to keep saying people don't know when your OP question and several subsequent questions you have raised have been answered.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't know
    Actually I do know... Because what I said is the reason..
    Are you pretending to be stupid or something?
    If you have no brown eggs, you don't have chicken that lay brown eggs... What part of that answer do you not understand? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Consumer preference. British people probably won't buy white eggs. The egg industry probably want's white eggs though, it would be interesting to see if the British egg industry ever tried to introduce white eggs.
    I don't think we'd care tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Why are you being intentionally obtuse about this? You can't seriously be this bereft of intelligence to keep saying people don't know when your OP question and several subsequent questions you have raised have been answered.
    Because it's amusing

Deleted
    Actually I do know... Because what I said is the reason..
    Are you pretending to be stupid or something?
    If you have no brown eggs, you don't have chicken that lay brown eggs... What part of that answer do you not understand? lol
    So why aren't white eggs popular here

I've come across both white and brown eggs here in Denmark, my guess is different breeds have different shell and yolk colours.

Brown eggs? Whelp, time to make Brown Chickens build the wall for us as a punishment for stealing our yolk to their country!

10+ Year Old Account

Because it's amusing
    Freely admitting to trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'd care tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's amusing
    Oh ok, so you're just trolling. Gotcha.