Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Atm on the alpha, maxing out your artifact is a huge grind. It takes forever to gather artifact power which unlocks different traits and even some abilities, and you are obviously balanced around having this shit. This makes for having an offspec a pain, because you obviously wont be upgrading your off spec, hence you are miles behind anyone else who does this.

Tldr: You kind of have to pick the artifact depending on what you plan to play as.
    That's gonna be a riot if a ton of people pick a spec initially because they like it a lot but it turns out it scales poorly without tons of raid gear while another is better at low item levels :\.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabacr View Post
    That's gonna be a riot if a ton of people pick a spec initially because they like it a lot but it turns out it scales poorly without tons of raid gear while another is better at low item levels :\.
    Supposedly numbers given for levelling offspecs is to the tune of 3x as fast , at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Honestly from what I've seen Vengeance spec and the arti do pretty well in levelling, bit lower on the damage spectrum then havoc naturally but you can pull huge groups of mobs and survive while AoE' ing em down. that and hey you're playing a tank enjoy your insta dungeon queu's

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    Honestly from what I've seen Vengeance spec and the arti do pretty well in levelling, bit lower on the damage spectrum then havoc naturally but you can pull huge groups of mobs and survive while AoE' ing em down. that and hey you're playing a tank enjoy your insta dungeon queu's
    If eye beam is off cooldown you can nuke down packs as havoc, their burst aoe is insane. The only issue is survival and having to plan your pickups with nasty casters (my experience before they buffed DH's)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Yeh its true I think as havoc you kill groups of mobs alot faster, still current system isnt really two or even three artifact friendly, granted the new quest reward system where you get items to apply artifact power is a step in the good direction there's still the random events that give artifact power to your current equipped artifact.

I just don't think levelling as vengeance is as bad as say levelling a healer spec.
    Last edited by mmoc41e939807b; 2016-04-25 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    I just don't think levelling as vengeance is as bad as say levelling a healer spec.
    It's definitely slower than disc

Deleted
    The tokens or charms or whatever you socket into your weapon can easily be withdrawn and thrown into your other artifact weapon, so it doesn't really matter. Honestly the perks aren't THAT insane for leveling, so you can easily save them all and use them on your main spec at a later stage. The perks are minded on endgame pve, where having 15% more damage on X ability or 10% more crit on Y ability is gonna be a bit scaling factor, however little to no impact on your 8 hours of leveling.

The tokens or charms or whatever you socket into your weapon can easily be withdrawn and thrown into your other artifact weapon, so it doesn't really matter. Honestly the perks aren't THAT insane for leveling, so you can easily save them all and use them on your main spec at a later stage. The perks are minded on endgame pve, where having 15% more damage on X ability or 10% more crit on Y ability is gonna be a bit scaling factor, however little to no impact on your 8 hours of leveling.
    Relics act like gems.

They also have a pretty big impact on leveling since that's how you increase the ilvl of your weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Relics act like gems.

They also have a pretty big impact on leveling since that's how you increase the ilvl of your weapon.
    Yes, that's my point. You get relics or whatever they are called and socket them in your leveling weapon, but you can always withdraw them and slot them into your main spec weapon in the end. By perks I meant the "talents" you can pick by spending artifact power - Getting 5% more damage on X ability is gonna matter jack during your leveling experience.

Yes, that's my point. You get relics or whatever they are called and socket them in your leveling weapon, but you can always withdraw them and slot them into your main spec weapon in the end. By perks I meant the "talents" you can pick by spending artifact power - Getting 5% more damage on X ability is gonna matter jack during your leveling experience.
    ...no, you can't. They are like gems. once they're in a weapon, They're in that weapon until they're replaced. Exactly like gems.

The relics are actually pretty huge for how your class does or doesn't operate; not having the points might as well be missing abilities. ESPECIALLY as a tank, but even as a DPS - no feast on souls? loooool. No increased blade dance damage per enemy? aha. Both pretty important for leveling survival, because without DA it's pretty poop, and with DA you'll want to get into demonic as much as you can anyway.

The relics are actually pretty huge for how your class does or doesn't operate; not having the points might as well be missing abilities. ESPECIALLY as a tank, but even as a DPS - no feast on souls? loooool. No increased blade dance damage per enemy? aha. Both pretty important for leveling survival, because without DA it's pretty poop, and with DA you'll want to get into demonic as much as you can anyway.
    You might struggle anyway if you're relying on demonic for leveling survival . That being said you can't rely on perks at all while leveling. You will swap out good ones for bad ones because of the 20 ilvl upgrade you can't ignore, so it largely becomes irrelevant before max level outside of a minor inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You might struggle anyway if you're relying on demonic for leveling survival . That being said you can't rely on perks at all while leveling. You will swap out good ones for bad ones because of the 20 ilvl upgrade you can't ignore, so it largely becomes irrelevant before max level outside of a minor inconvenience.
    He was talking about the talents in general, not just the ones from the relic

And it helps a lot, if only to keep demonic up more often. Or for longer outdoor "bosses", considering we have zero other sustain than demonic.

I contest you won't even get feast on the souls before level 106 with the slower artifact system, when the content is already less of an issue due to soul rending being your oh shit button.

And to point out what I was being subtle with, demonic isn't available while leveling. It's fantastic for world quests/max level but for leveling to 100 it's not a factor.

I contest you won't even get feast on the souls before level 106 with the slower artifact system, when the content is already less of an issue due to soul rending being your oh shit button.

And to point out what I was being subtle with, demonic isn't available while leveling. It's fantastic for world quests/max level but for leveling to 100 it's not a factor.
    Ahhhh I just woke up, I'm still used to it being lower tier xP And also that you'd want to be havoc for world quests for the same reason anyway.

I can get that for solo / up to 3 players, but I imagine for ther raid quests a vengeance player would pref being vengeance - and for the small quests demonic eye beams are going to handle pretty much everything.

Deleted
    ...no, you can't. They are like gems. once they're in a weapon, They're in that weapon until they're replaced. Exactly like gems.

Hmm, I'm fairly certain I was able to swap relics earlier on during the leveling process, but seems not. In that case, you could probably just swap specs before completing the end quests of each area that typically reward a high ilvl relic.

But no, the perks really don't matter. You wont even get feast on souls while leveling. Hell, I even just got it now, and that's after having done quite a few heroics and almost every quest in the 4 different leveling zones which aren't even required to hit 110. If you got that perk while leveling I must've missed some massive artifact power bonus somewhere.

Anyways, OP's concern was if you could level with one spec and swap to the other at max level; and yes, you can easily do that. Just accumilate all the artifact power consumables (or use them on the tank glaives in your bag?) and swap spec when you reach 108ish at the end of quest chains, otherwise you can get relics from heroics quite easily, especially as a tank since you can just spam queue.

With it being the 7th tier, I don't see why you wouldn't get it, unless you're speed leveling as hell. Might be different with the power changes though, just starting my second toon since that change :B

But no, the perks really don't matter. You wont even get feast on souls while leveling. Hell, I even just got it now, and that's after having done quite a few heroics and almost every quest in the 4 different leveling zones which aren't even required to hit 110. If you got that perk while leveling I must've missed some massive artifact power bonus somewhere.
    You use relics to leapfrog your way through the tree to get it fast. Probably not intended.

As its a new class, I would pick whatever spec you are playing so in my instance i will be havoc as i'm a dps, Once at 110 i will learn how to play tank as i generally tank dungeons once im at X Gear point so i can do them fast

Deleted
    With it being the 7th tier, I don't see why you wouldn't get it, unless you're speed leveling as hell. Might be different with the power changes though, just starting my second toon since that change :B
    Dunno, I just did the quests and picked up treasures along the way. As said I've done every zone and almost every quest, missing like 2 objectives for the achivement in 2 areas and the other 2 are 100% done, and I only just got it now. I've only played for a week, however very few hours at a time, so I'm not sure how quick it was the first round.

The points perks require progressively more and more, starting at around 325 the first point, but now after Feast of Souls I need 500 per point.

- - - Updated - - -

You use relics to leapfrog your way through the tree to get it fast. Probably not intended.
    How does that work? So if a perk is 3/3, I can get 2 relics that give +2 to that, and therefore only spend 1 point in it and then move onwards? I doubt that's intended, since it would kind of break the path if you replaced the relics.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2016-04-25 at 04:00 PM.