Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 7 of 307 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... at least we know that the game is soon™ under way.

'Cyberpunk 2077' News: CD Projekt RED Overhauling Dev Tools Before Official Work Begins
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-04-25 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Well... at least we know that the game is soon™ under way.

'Cyberpunk 2077' News: CD Projekt RED Overhauling Dev Tools Before Official Work Begins
    >Be CD Projeckt Red
    >Announce Cyberpunk 2077 in 2012
    >Release Teaser Trailer in 2013
    >Fast forward 3 years
    "lol guise, we haven't done any real work on it, but rest assured that we will just as soon as our development tools are overhauled!"

I guess they think this is an acceptable business practice since DNF had around 7+ years of development hell before it was released (as shitty as it was), and Half-Life is still in eternal limbo. But come on, 4 years since the announcement of the game and you just told us that the only thing you did was make a fancy trailer?

Or maybe I am just too angry?

I'm beginning to think the 2077 bit isn't part of the title but the expected release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    >Be CD Projeckt Red
    >Fast forward 3 years
    "lol guise, we haven't done any real work on it, but rest assured that we will just as soon as our development tools are overhauled!"

I guess they think this is an acceptable business practice since DNF had around 7+ years of development hell before it was released (as shitty as it was), and Half-Life is still in eternal limbo. But come on, 4 years since the announcement of the game and you just told us that the only thing you did was make a fancy trailer?

They decided it was best to stick with the witcher till it was completely done and not spread the companies assets on two projects at once.

Some ground work was done but the witcher 3 took full priority and it paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They decided it was best to stick with the witcher till it was completely done and not spread the companies assets on two projects at once.

Some ground work was done but the witcher 3 took full priority and it paid off.
    Well, I guess that is true. But I think a company shouldn't announce a title until work on it has been officially started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess that is true. But I think a company shouldn't announce a title until work on it has been officially started.
    It is done to check how much interest there is for the product before a lot resources are poured into it. Since Sci-fi doesn't do so well as some might think and while the witcher 2 wasn't unsuccesfull it wasn't the great success 3 was.

They also were in talks with the person who wrote the rule book of the whole cyberpunk thing and so they got him onboard for that to. There is a whole lot more to it than just "don't talk about it till it's almost done!"

>Be CD Projeckt Red
    >Fast forward 3 years

They gave us Witcher 3 in the meantime. It's not like they sat on their thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    They gave us Witcher 3 in the meantime. It's not like they sat on their thumbs.
    Not the point. They should not announce (generate) hype for something if they're not ready to commit to it yet. They don't even need to announce it shortly before release. They just have to prove that they are taking it seriously.

I can think of no better way to kill interest for a game than shelving it for 3 years and then say "we'll officially start work on it after we overhaul our development tools."

Then again, I am still bitter about Valve giving us Half-Life fans the finger for 8 years. So maybe I am just over reacting just a tad.

Not the point. They should not announce (generate) hype for something if they're not ready to commit to it yet. They don't even need to announce it shortly before release. They just have to prove that they are taking it seriously.
    How do you know that they're not 'committed' to it? How are they not 'taking it seriously'? Within the teaser trailer, it says 'Coming: When it's ready', which should have been a pretty good indicator that it's not coming any time soon. And I'm not sure about you, but I'm welcoming the fact that they're taking their time; do you want another unoptimized, bug-laden game that's rushed out the door to meet a deadline?

Deleted
    Cyberpunk (or Cyberpunk 2013) came out in 1988, and Cyberpunk 2020 in 1990. No proper official PC game that would take place in that world has been released in the past 28 years. I think a few years more won't be such a huge issue to true Cyberpunk fans. To us, it's about Cyberpunk 2020 (or, 2077), and it has to be done properly, and authentically, which I'm hoping will be the case, since Mike (Pondsmith) is on board.

Of course, to people who only know CD Projekt RED and the Witcher series, this is just another game, but, people like that can find any other random game and go play that instead. Us true 'punks will wait for as long as it takes, as long as the end result is what it's supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta admit that I'm looking forward to this game but I have my doubts that they can do it justice. Cyberpunk was so larger than life in its heyday that... Well I'm at least keeping my fingers crossed.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright

Whose ass are we gonna be fucking kicking?

Deleted
    Sounds like a PR marketing stunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    *puts away riot gear*

So we are not going on a man hunt?

Deleted
    Orchestrated by China to bring down Poland's economy I bet.

Uh...no. Not at all. In the slightest. In any way, shape, or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...no. Not at all. In the slightest. In any way, shape, or form.
    *puts back on riot gear*

who is with me!!!!!

Yeah if there's one thing companies do on the reg, it's fake leak very early in development footage of the game, but before it comes out say that it is in no way shape or form indicative of the final product or even the state the game is currently in.

Aaaaaall the time.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not going to go hunting for those leaks, don't know anything about Cyberpunk, I want to be completely surprised when I play it.