Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    If you cant even read the first post than dont bother making a reply
    I read it. It's your standard opine for lost youth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I don't think it was that different. That radical player base was there from the start tho it might have been smaller. But for sure it did exists in the early days and with time it was becoming more and more annoying. You did raise a good point that LFD wasn't only for convenience but also for protection and the demand for both started growing quite rapidly in TBC. I guess in Vanilla it was less painfull since Vanilla as whole was much easier and vast majority of players were new and inexperienced so the toxicity wasn't as visible yet. But there were the early symptoms already in Vanilla. I still remember while leveling an alt in low level zone, I've seen someone asking on general where to find some quest objective. The answer they've got was: "check thottbot noob".
    Yes, I agree. You worded it a bit better
    Just the timeline I would argue a bit. I think the demand for the tool started towards the end of WotLK.
    If you think back, there's the weekly raiding quest available (still there btw.) in Dalaran. Essentially everyone was able to get into a group for that and go kill that one boss, even noobies were taken along without too much of a problem. That's nearly unthinkable to have such with today's community.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    let alone that one does not have to use the tool at all.
    No one prohibits anyone from searching and forming groups the old fashioned way.
    I agree with you! That way can still be done right now if they choose to do so. Even I do it at times when I'm making a premade for old content like Mythic SoO when the filling is taking too long..

I swear these people want it their way only and want us to suffer.. Like the baby who comes over to play with you and snatches the toys on the floor and leaves you with the one only he wants to play with to force you to play with him/her..

No. You want to be social? Go to facebook. I want to kill pixels as efficiently as possible in the time frame I have available. So no, I don't want to spend 2 hours looking for a motherfucking tank, fuck you very much

I wonder why these "remove this and that" nutfucks don't move together in a guild of their own and jerk themselves off socially as long as they want...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    No. You want to be social? Go to facebook. I want to kill pixels as efficiently as possible in the time frame I have available. So no, I don't want to spend 2 hours looking for a motherfucking tank, fuck you very much

I wonder why these "remove this and that" nutfucks don't move together in a guild of their own and jerk themselves off socially as long as they want...
    want to get things done fast when you have time? go play a singelplayer game

No dude, I want to play the fucking game, not talk, talk, talk, talk, because there's no one to fucking play the game. I don't pay 15 bucks a month for Yahoo Messenger or Skype. Which was EXACTLY what was happening before "looking for <>". You want to socialize? Make a guild and socialize. It's so fucking easy (well, in fact it's not, because MOST people want to actually play the game too instead of talking and talking and talking).

Sitting in a city to attempt to make a group, rather than being out in the world doing stuff...even if it's boring stuff like dailies can be is retarded and was one of the most un-fun, irritating and honestly depressing things back in TBC. Many people only have limited time frames to play in. There is honestly very few things to me, that are more frustrating, than logging on to the game you want to sign into and enjoy and then wasting 30-45 minutes trying to find a group to do the only content you can...only to find out you don't even have enough time to finish that content even if you were to get a group now.

If you want to be social, be social... you don't need a very popular, very effective tool to be removed to do that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. This would absolutely kill the game. This isn't 2005 anymore, the MMO genre isn't what it used to be. Yeah the social aspect is dead, and that's sad, but it's better in literally every other way.

I wish people would stop asking blizzard to remove things they don't like instead of taking an ounce of will power and just not using them. Do not use said tools, go into down and shout just like you want to. You will either find enough people liked minded and then do exactly what you want or you won't find enough people which means your idea was not a good one to begin with.

It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You have no clue how many paid for Vanilla
    Neither does Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You have no clue how many would be willing to pay a sub fee.
    I never said I did. But going by common sense, I'm fairly certain that a vast majority of people playing private servers would like the idea of legacy realms, seeing as just about every private server has at least four of the following:

-Bad scripting
    -Bugs and glitches everywhere
    -Incorrect values for spells/abilities
    -Bugged spells/abilities
    -Low population
    -Lag / high latency
    -Server crashes

All of those problems would be solved with official vanilla realms. I don't think many would really prefer lags, crashes, low population and bad scripting just because it's free.

Deleted
    I really don't feel the need to play Talking Simulator when I'm trying to get my dungeons completed. I'm an introvert, I'll happily smile, say "Hello, how are you?" and make small talk, but that's it. I'm not 12 years old, I don't seek the attention of everyone I come in contact with. I don't want to be friends with everyone I meet, I don't want to know what's going on in their daily life. If nobody speaks, brilliant, I get to mash buttons and receive rewards for it.

To all those saying "Well lol y u ply mmorpg u jst go ply rpg lol gtfo", name one non-MMO RPG that's as immersive, encompassing and has all the things that *I* am looking for, because WoW fits all the bills I'm looking for in an RPG, not only that but I played all the Warcraft games growing up, and I'll be damned if I don't play the RPG version of Warcraft, MMO or not.

Removing the group finder/lfr/whatever will not solve the lost love you have, it will not make people speak more, as many other people have said in this thread, it will just make it apparent to you that most people don't live up to the social standards that you wish the game to have.

I voted yes, though I would like a third option: "Make LFG tool server based"
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

No. Spamming LFG for a group for hours is retarded.

Instead of removing the tools put your money where your mouth is and form your own groups.

What's that? You can't form your own groups because people prefer the group finder? No shit.

Blizzard can't force people to be friends with you champ.

Deleted
    I'm not going back to Spamming LFG.

If you need to socialites then write in the chat that you want to start a group for x, y and c

I think it played its role in the decay of community. But it doesn't hold it down. That community on live is toasted. So to go back on my realm would mean never getting a group a few months after launch ever again.

i remember having to constantly msg people to ask them to come help with group quests...spending an hour or so in some cases...yeh...such "appeal". at least with the group finder I can continue to do whatever I wish in game without actually physically piss farting around in one spot just in the hope I can find people to come help me defeat a quest that will take 2 mins if not less. and its the same with dungeons/raids...the elitism was rancid back in those days...people were on huge power trips because they could and if you weren't the cut of the mustard tough shit.

Christ i'm tired of this vanilla talk and how people cant seem to function without playing an old ass game. I loved being a kid, life was simpler, less responsibility, fonder memories but I cant go back can I...move the hell on.

to finalise...we don't see this with ANY OTHER GAME do we...do we see Guild Wars 1 players wishing anet would roll back the original game to an earlier patch, or hell even rolling back GW2 to an earlier patch because it was better. do you realise if you start trying to retro something in one game other games will start with the people wanting the same thing on their favourite online OR even offline game.

at some point you have to accept what is and move the fuck on. its a game...that's all...JUST a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    If you think that people who were shitheads in Vanilla felt any consequences you are very naive. On my server there were whole guilds of shitheads who simply wanted to annoy other players. And suffered no consequences at all since they had each other to play with.

Nothing is stopping you from befriending nice people from other realms. I've done that myself. But at the same time if you meet shiheads you can be sure you'll never meet them again (especially if you add them to ignore). You see, you CANNOT change other people's behaviour. But you can shield yourself from people you don't want to interact with.
    Well sure they'll have their own kind to play with, however my realm in vanilla had a thread on official forums where people would name out bad eggs. A public ban list if you want, there were even guilds on that list that people would not play with. Was it perfect? No but it was a hell a lot better than us not having any power like it is now with cross realms.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The tool is there for people to use or not use.

If you dont like dont use it simple.

Looks like 75% of people will be using it so you might be messaging people for a while to get a group going lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well sure they'll have their own kind to play with, however my realm in vanilla had a thread on official forums where people would name out bad eggs. A public ban list if you want, there were even guilds on that list that people would not play with. Was it perfect? No but it was a hell a lot better than us not having any power like it is now with cross realms.
    It gave you the illussion you are in control While now you have the tools to be in real control. My experience with random people has been by far better since LFD and x-realm. A lot of nice people to meet while I'm not limited to my server anymore. And the jerks -> ignore list does the trick. There aren't much more of those than in old days and at least I can get make sure I will never see them again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Those people should be playing a single player game or some other type of game not an MMO which should be around social interaction between players
    You keep on saying that. Where does it say that an MMO game must involve social interaction?

Personally I play MMOs because they are massive, they are multiplayer and they are online. So telling people to go play a single player game makes no sense.