Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I just think we should hold them accountable with our votes. Enough public uproar and they will change their tactics. The Democrats are just as bad, if not worse. Bernie wouldn't be mathematically eliminated if you went by pure votes.
    The way to fix it is to have more then 2 parties, but good luck getting those changes needed passed by those who benefit from the status quo.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'd rather have Trump than Cruz. They're both psychopaths, but at least Trump is open about it.

Ghost of Chris Hitchens 4 Prez 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    He does spend a lot of time praising his father (who thinks Ted was sent by God to make the US into a Theocracy) to the heavens and talking up how much his father has influenced his own life and philosophies.
    Well okay, I guess that might deserve criticism, because now there's a link between Cruz's opinions and his father's opinions.

But I can't stand guilt-by-association claims on their own though. I just feel that offspring should not be automatically culpable of the actions of their parents. Of course if Ted is talking about how great his father is, how much he influenced Ted's life, then yeah, I can see why there's a problem.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well okay, I guess that might deserve criticism, because now there's a link between Cruz's opinions and his father's opinions.

But I can't stand guilt-by-association claims on their own though. I just feel that offspring should not be automatically culpable of the actions of their parents. Of course if Ted is talking about how great his father is, how much he influenced Ted's life, then yeah, I can see why there's a problem.
    Yeah I generally agree. Guilt by association is nonsense. Guilt by public agreement and shared values, however, is not.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Of course if Ted is talking about how great his father is, how much he influenced Ted's life, then yeah, I can see why there's a problem.
    He has many times. He's used it to show he comes from a hard working immigrant family to relate to middle class. But, I don't see it as issue at all. His record should clearly show he is not a communist.

The issue in OP started months ago with Rubio holding delegates. This has at least been speculated as of Trump gaining a commanding lead.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The way to fix it is to have more then 2 parties, but good luck getting those changes needed passed by those who benefit from the status quo.
    You know there is no law that forces us to only have two parties, right? My personal total is up to 13 different parties I have voted for, over the years. Sadly, they only seem to run for small offices on the small party tickets.

The way to get real change, such as primary reform or term limits, is for a president to run on a mandate that states we are doing this, and I'm not signing anything until it's on my desk. You need overwhelming public support to achieve something like that.

Aren't they both Cruz and Kasich mathematically out already in terms of delegate count?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Aren't they both Cruz and Kasich mathematically out already in terms of delegate count?

basically TRUMP has won by popular vote. *by a large margin, not just a like 1 or 2%*

but he has not won by the rules yet.

this is why if the republicans deny trump, it is taking a bullet to the head.

people are sick of establishment canidates.... Cruz might of won if he didn't pull the shit he has been doing form the beginning making himself look bad.

Cruz is a trojan horse imo for establishment *look what he did to ben carson, he has a bush working with him, he will not talk about the sex scandel,

Sean hannity try to talk to cruz about how people feel he betraying his own values and the shady shit he has pulled, and cruzs says it only crazy trump supporters who think think that and trys to change the topic and Hannity keeps bringing it back up because thats what people want to talk about. Like how he said no Conservative comes out of a place like New York with *new York Values*. He is very judgemental and that is why i think he losing even though he spouts out the bible and love and peace.

and i am Catholic who loves Science, i do not like cruz at all and do not see the appeal anymore after seeing him in action.

Ben Carson was my first choice, now it is Trump because of what Cruz did to Ben and Ben supporting Trump.

and really Trump will help me the most because i want a job that isn't being replaced by a illegal or a visa worker.

*under obama like most new jobs are part time minimal wage work*
    and i am suppose to want to work minimal wage.... after already doing it for 5 years and even being a under paid manager.

now trying to get in IT, it has been a pain in the ass finding someone who will even look at me... and i do not want to go back to retail and be underpaid because it is deemed *low class work* and working my ass off only ever got me more work........not more money or even APPERICATION!
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-04-25 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    basically TRUMP has won by popular vote. *by a large margin, not just a like 1 or 2%*

p
    Trump has less than 38% of the popular vote. And of the people that didn't vote for him, it's not just that they liked someone else more; Trump has extremely high "unfavorable" and "strongly unfavorable" numbers with pretty much everyone who doesn't vote for him. In the general election, Trump has 53% "strongly unfavorable" and 14% more "unfavorable," at total of 67% unfavorable before even talking about undecideds. That's fucking awful.

Yet despite only getting 37.9% of the popular vote, Trump is pulling in nearly 50% of the delegates? Why? Because the system IS rigged, but it's not rigged against Trump, the way he'd like you to believe. It's rigged to help the front runner clinch the nomination early in the process. Far more delegates have been given to Trump than he's actually earned, but he has the temerity to suggest that the system is rigged against him and unfair after Colorado and North Carolina.

It's doublespeak.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i am Catholic who loves Science....Ben Carson was my first choice, now it is Trump because of what Cruz did to Ben and Ben supporting Trump.
    If you truly value science, you wouldn't vote for a man that believes global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    If you truly value science, you wouldn't vote for a man that believes global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese.
    Man made Global warming is a scam....... Climate change is real, BUT IT IS ALWAYS CHANGING FOR AS LONG AS EARTH AS EXSISTED

It;s like saying the ice is melting in anartica faster then ever before!

WHICH IS TRUE

but they do not tell you the part it is GROWING faster in the cold period then it is MELTING in the warm period

so yes more ice then ever before is melting, but more ice is growing then ever before also

also this winter while mild, the last 2 winters before were one of the worse on record
    *we had a full 2 weeks of -40 degrees with wind chill where i lived and i never seen that ever before till then*

also humans only account for 4% of all emissions, 96% is done by earth/nature

BY NO MEANS AM I AGAINST GREEN/renewable ENERGY.

i just find this whole agenda save dah planet meaningless when you have places like china who will not change.

also if anyone remembers Al gore said Florida would be under water by now.........

also most climate models do not account for the Sun......

and i think we are arrogant to think we understand the EARTHS climate when we can not even predict the weather correctly in the same week.

also soil samples have PROOF the earth goes in cycles EVEN BEFORE HUMANS....
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-04-25 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Global warming is a scam.......

It;s like saying the ice is melting in anartica faster then ever before!

WHICH IS TRUE

but they do not tell you the part it is GROWING faster in the cold period then it is MELTING in the warm period

so yes more ice then ever before is melting, but more ice is growing then ever before also

also this winter while mild, the last 2 winters before were one of the worse on record
    *we had a full 2 weeks of -40 degrees with wind chill where i lived and i never seen that ever before till then*

also humans only account for 4% of all emissions, 96% is done by earth/nature

BY NO MEANS AM I AGAINST GREEN ENERGY.

i just find this whole agenda save dah planet meaningless when you have places like china
    Oh. You don't actually value science.

Never mind then.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Trump has less than 38% of the popular vote. And of the people that didn't vote for him, it's not just that they liked someone else more; Trump has extremely high "unfavorable" and "strongly unfavorable" numbers with pretty much everyone who doesn't vote for him. In the general election, Trump has 53% "strongly unfavorable" and 14% more "unfavorable," at total of 67% unfavorable before even talking about undecideds. That's fucking awful.

Yet despite only getting 37.9% of the popular vote, Trump is pulling in nearly 50% of the delegates? Why? Because the system IS rigged, but it's not rigged against Trump, the way he'd like you to believe. It's rigged to help the front runner clinch the nomination early in the process. Far more delegates have been given to Trump than he's actually earned, but he has the temerity to suggest that the system is rigged against him and unfair after Colorado and North Carolina.

It's doublespeak.
    And Kasich only has 10% of the popular vote, and Cruz only has like 25%, which is why Trump has the most delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Oh. You don't actually value science.

Never mind then.
    say what you want, i get my information from scientist, meterologist, and people with PhD's.

But yeah i do not value science when it is MY FAVORITE TOPIC........

want the know the most Abundant source of energy on the planet just waiting to happen?

Fussion Power, which is powered by a isotope of hydrogen called Deuterium which can be found in our OCEAN......

last i read on it they were close to generating more power then putting into it, but it is a slow process because it hardly gets any funding because scary words like Fussion and Nuclear.....and yet it has the ability to be the biggest power generating source mankind has ever made...
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-04-25 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    And Kasich only has 10% of the popular vote, and Cruz only has like 25%, which is why Trump has the most delegates.
    But he has a disproportionately high number of the delegates while he whinges about being robbed of delegates. That's what I'm saying.

Also, Cruz has about 28%, Kasich about 14%, and Rubio about 15%.

10+ Year Old Account
    DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO CRUZ AND KASICH CAMPAIGNS

It is sad that two grown politicians have to collude against one person who has only been a politician for ten months in order to try and stop that person from getting the Republican nomination.

Senator Cruz has done very poorly and after his New York performance, which was a total disaster, he is in free fall and as everyone has seen, he does not react well under pressure. Also, approximately 80% of the Republican Party is against him. Governor Kasich, who has only won 1 state out of 41, in other words, he is 1 for 41 and he is not even doing as well as other candidates who could have stubbornly stayed in the race like him but chose not to do so. Marco Rubio, as an example, has more delegates than Kasich and yet suspended his campaign one month ago. Others, likewise, have done much better than Kasich, who would get slaughtered by Hillary Clinton once the negative ads against him begin. 85% of Republican voters are against Kasich.

Collusion is often illegal in many other industries and yet these two Washington insiders have had to revert to collusion in order to stay alive. They are mathematically dead and this act only shows, as puppets of donors and special interests, how truly weak they and their campaigns are. I have brought millions of voters into the Republican primary system and have received many millions of votes more than Cruz or Kasich. Additionally, I am far ahead of both candidates with delegates and would be receiving in excess of 60% of the vote except for the fact that there were so many candidates running against me.

Because of me, everyone now sees that the Republican primary system is totally rigged. When two candidates who have no path to victory get together to stop a candidate who is expanding the party by millions of voters, (all of whom will drop out if I am not in the race) it is yet another example of everything that is wrong in Washington and our political system. This horrible act of desperation, from two campaigns who have totally failed, makes me even more determined, for the good of the Republican Party and our country, to prevail!
    Trump response.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Considering the source is The National Enquirer...it's not worth much

National Enquirer has broken legitimate stories in the past. While it's not fair to conclude they will always be truthful, it's also not fair to conclude it's false based on the publisher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'd rather have Trump than Cruz. They're both psychopaths, but at least Trump is open about it.

Ghost of Chris Hitchens 4 Prez 2016.
    Hitchens would have stomped everyone in debates. Unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    National Enquirer has broken legitimate stories in the past. While it's not fair to conclude they will always be truthful, it's also not fair to conclude it's false based on the publisher.
    It's also perfectly fair to conclude that the source is suspect and to withhold belief until you see the same story from a source that you know actually vets the stories in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hitchens would have stomped everyone in debates. Unfair.
    The Enquirer will print any story that is told to them. Sure, sometimes the stories are true. But, that doesn't mean you can trust what they say.

this is why if the republicans deny trump, it is taking a bullet to the head.

people are sick of establishment canidates.... Cruz might of won if he didn't pull the shit he has been doing form the beginning making himself look bad.

Cruz is a trojan horse imo for establishment *look what he did to ben carson, he has a bush working with him, he will not talk about the sex scandel,

Sean hannity try to talk to cruz about how people feel he betraying his own values and the shady shit he has pulled, and cruzs says it only crazy trump supporters who think think that and trys to change the topic and Hannity keeps bringing it back up because thats what people want to talk about. Like how he said no Conservative comes out of a place like New York with *new York Values*. He is very judgemental and that is why i think he losing even though he spouts out the bible and love and peace.

and i am Catholic who loves Science, i do not like cruz at all and do not see the appeal anymore after seeing him in action.

Ben Carson was my first choice, now it is Trump because of what Cruz did to Ben and Ben supporting Trump.

and really Trump will help me the most because i want a job that isn't being replaced by a illegal or a visa worker.

*under obama like most new jobs are part time minimal wage work*
    and i am suppose to want to work minimal wage.... after already doing it for 5 years and even being a under paid manager.

now trying to get in IT, it has been a pain in the ass finding someone who will even look at me... and i do not want to go back to retail and be underpaid because it is deemed *low class work* and working my ass off only ever got me more work........not more money or even APPERICATION!
    It is not an *Obama* issue I am afraid nor will any republican change it. That is just partisan nonsense which you have been spoon-fed.

The truth of the matter is that the US has been bleeding out middle class jobs for decades as have all other developed economies. Nor has it anything to do with trade either. What is happening is that the very structure of the economy is changing and so is the nature of work -

The jobs in the middle are simply the easiest and most cost efficient to automate and computerize so they are and have been going first. The fundamental nature of this problem is one politicians don't want to grasp because it defies the established ways of thinking but it will need to be grasped quite soon. The republicans are miles away from it. The democrats a little closer. Bernie Sanders a little closer still.