Thread: BlizzCon boycot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BlizzCon boycot

Personally i am offended by how blizzard handles things and i really do miss the soul of World of Warcraft.

I got a refund on the pre-order and i am happy being able to spend that money on something i enjoy

With BlizzCon coming up, i was wondering how the emotional and professional impact on Blizzard would be if people who were butt-hurt by Blizzard simply didnt show up in protest.

I bet they would feel obliged to do something.

Hold back your attention and money. That is basically what feeds the obese Blizzard Lizard.

What do you guys think about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    Personally i am offended by how blizzard handles things and i really do miss the soul of World of Warcraft.

I got a refund on the pre-order and i am happy being able to spend that money on something i enjoy

With BlizzCon coming up, i was wondering how the emotional and professional impact on Blizzard would be if people who were butt-hurt by Blizzard simply didnt show up in protest.

Hold back your attention and money. That is basically what feeds the obese Blizzard Lizard.

Well thought out post. Very informative and helpful to making positive change in the community.

/sarcasm off

Blizzcon is an amazing event and it will be even more amazing this year being the 10 year anniversary of Blizzcon.

Almost no one would spend all that money for Blizzcon and then not go. Not going to happen.

Deleted
    Can you effectively boycott something that sells out in minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Almost no one would spend all that money for Blizzcon and then not go. Not going to happen.
    Plus if you weren't going to go how could you resist throwing the tickets on ebay for $500 each?

I'm pretty sure they sell out of Blizzcon tickets every year.

It would be akind to trying to boycott Glastonbury Someone who wants to be there will simply take your place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think it's stupid. You paid for your ticket price, not going hurts you far more than it hurts blizzard. In fact you're hurting your fellow gamers by denying them the ability to go being an even bigger douchebag then you've imagined Blizz to be.

Hell I wish I had the money to go just to counter protest people like you and extra money to blow on dumb shit, never bought more than food and a t-shirt the 3 times I went. Although honestly I wish I could go regardless of whatever petty protest is going on.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Isn't there at least one "Boycott Blizcon" thread every year?
    But good on you OP! Stick it to the man!

But generally, you're completely right about things: You should spend your money on things you enjoy.

I'm actually going to agree with Jaylock on this O.o I wish every year I had the ability to make it to Blizzcon, and this year should be big. Plus, a lot of people ENJOY the direction blizz is taking with legion (I'm one of them) and also, last I check WoW wasn't their only IP and there's many other blizzard IPs I enjoy (HS, HotS and D3) so I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could but alas, at least I should be able to afford a virtual ticket this year!

This is what I got from the OP. "WAAAAH WAAH BLIZZARD WAAAAAAAAAH". Guessing you are one of the salty parts of the Nost crowd just looking to complain yeah??

You can protest all you want but nothing will stop that train.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    see ya next year on the next Boycot Blizzcon thread

My favorite part was when the OP called himself butt-hurt.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post

I'll make sure to show you the picket lines and WoW protests from Anaheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is not killing your cats and doing mass murders, it's a waste of time to even consider protesting about a company that is earning money in a respectable way by releasing art and video games. If that's not respectable to get money then I don't know what else is. Use your energy to fight other things, but not an entertainment company. If you don't like the game don't play it. Feedback if you like. Proceed in making interesting things in your life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can protest all you want but nothing will stop that train.
    The end of the line is drawing closer.

talk to me when it takes longer than a few mins to sell out, another year without a ticket for me.

Why would I want to boycott Blizzard? How dare Blizzard offer me something that has entertained me for 12 years, sure it's not free but they don't fucking owe me anything either.

This is excluding the entertainment I've got from Warcraft 1, 2 and 3. Starcraft 1 and 2. Diablo 1, 2 and 3, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

Get fucking real.

How do you even boycott Blizzcon? Buy a $500 ticket then...wipe your ass with it? Wtf. Braindead thread seriously.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-04-25 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The end of the line is drawing closer.
    For wow maybe, blizz has plenty other games.

Blizzcon 'boycot.'

You are in over your head over this.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii