Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    made about 4K gold for 13 hours of run time, so not as immediately profitable as the raids, but can be done non-stop and have the added benefit of chance at a mount.
    Hey, after 260 hours you'll be able to buy a token (EU price)! WELL WORTH IT!

Op, just do the common stuff. Garrisons, farm old raids, sell pets, done. You'll make vast amounts...

(if you want millions though, get auctioneer running and take a couple of hours to get it going... but i find that useless in this day and age of easy gold)

I would migrate away. Best thing I prolly ever did. Made 150-200k from it initially (Investments before I migrated), but since then the gold just keep going up.

I guess it depends on AH prices, but moving to a high pop is so much better.

Blizzard should just bloody hell make migrating free....:/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    How do you guys make gold on a dead server when stuff doesn't really sell on the AH?

Is there ways to farm shit for raw gold?
    Farm Cata 25man heroics.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I would migrate away. Best thing I prolly ever did. Made 150-200k from it initially (Investments before I migrated), but since then the gold just keep going up.

I guess it depends on AH prices, but moving to a high pop is so much better.

Blizzard should just bloody hell make migrating free....:/
    I wish as well they did, but they will not. If they did, realm economies could be devastated with the free transfers, even with a x month cooldown. Right now the fee works as a limiting factor for that and the messing up of their databases.

There are a few ways to make gold simply buying underpriced mats, crafting items, and reselling to the vendor.
    Double check the numbers on these as I'm not sure if I got them exactly right but I am close.

Draenic Philosophers Stone - Alchemical Catalysts under 4.5 gold and Iron Ore under 1 gold

Misthide Leggings - Exotic Leather under 82.5 silver

Dreadful Gladiators Cloak of Prowess - Windwool Cloth 82.5 silver
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2016-04-25 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    With legion from what I see blizzard will play Draghi and flood the world with even more money. Grey item prices for xx gold per item is quiet common.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    How do you guys make gold on a dead server when stuff doesn't really sell on the AH?

Is there ways to farm shit for raw gold?
    Potion of Luck + farming anywhere in Pandaria with lots of mobs and fast respawn rate.

if prices on vanity pets are low on your server, you can potentially make a lot of gold on arbitrage by flipping them on more populated servers. The catch is that gold has to be used on the destination server, but it can be a good way to buy fixed-cost stuff like the transmog yak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    With legion from what I see blizzard will play Draghi and flood the world with even more money. Grey item prices for xx gold per item is quiet common.
    Gaining gold by vendoring, looting and completing quests requires you to actually play the game. You won't find 1k+ gold waiting for you on each character whenever you log in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Gaining gold by vendoring, looting and completing quests requires you to actually play the game. You won't find 1k+ gold waiting for you on each character whenever you log in.
    Sounds like a real hardcore game except that it won't change the huge inflation casual player will suffer under which will provide with healthy token prices as long as Legion stays popular.

But I guess you are referring to the hole nostalgia discussion nowadays - just let me say, people who say leveling was hard, gold making was hard, gearing was hard and now discuss how easy the game became... they were people who got lost in BRD and still get hard on it 10 years later. They were just bad and probably still are.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a real hardcore game except that it won't change the huge inflation casual player will suffer under which will provide with healthy token prices as long as Legion stays popular.

But I guess you are referring to the hole nostalgia discussion nowadays - just let me say, people who say leveling was hard, gold making was hard, gearing was hard and now discuss how easy the game became... they were people who got lost in BRD and still get hard on it 10 years later. They were just bad and probably still are.
    You missed the point, mate. @Delaios means it's better to have gold generated by actually killing stuff in the world than getting gold handed to you from the garrison mini-game.

Nostalgia didn't really have anything to do with what I said. Essentially the game economy is going to return to how it was in previous expansions. There will be some after effects from the gold generated by garrisons. But that will dissipate with time through tokens and the BMAH. Tokens will continue to disperse gold across the playerbase and the BMAH will remove a lot more gold in Legion with the higher cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Nostalgia didn't really have anything to do with what I said. Essentially the game economy is going to return to how it was in previous expansions. There will be some after effects from the gold generated by garrisons. But that will dissipate with time through tokens and the BMAH. Tokens will continue to disperse gold across the playerbase and the BMAH will remove a lot more gold in Legion with the higher cap.
    Ok then sorry, got a bit on the current debate-wave My biggest concern was the how blizzard would deal with the gold inflation produced by active WoD players. So I am still skeptical but honestly curious about how it will go when legion is live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. The current inflation of gold created by WOD and Garrisons will not last long into or through Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You missed the point, mate. @Delaios means it's better to have gold generated by actually killing stuff in the world than getting gold handed to you from the garrison mini-game.
    To get that gold handed to you, you have to "work" (play a video game) for a couple or more weeks, for each garrison you want to hand you gold.

Actually killing stuff in the world (by that, he means, flying 1-1/2 minutes and zoning into Firelands then pressing the barrage key for 10 minutes) might or might not be more difficult/interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Yeah. The current inflation of gold created by WOD and Garrisons will not last long into or through Legion.
    Yeah. But my gold will.

In other news, farming cobra scale is worth 10-15k/hr which seems reasonable.

Farming rare pets!