Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The world artifact power drops are actual items that can be activated and applied to the artifact of your choice by clicking the item then selecting the artifact you wish to apply it to. There are certain milestone quests while levelling that also award these items. These items are ranked by color/rarity like regular gear drops. Green = Uncommon, Blue = Rare, Purple = Epic, etc. Each rarity level awards more AXP than the previous. The upshot of this system is that you can use your main spec to grind AXP items for your offspec artifacts.

In addition, there are certain times or locations out in the world where just walking through will initiate a scripted sequence where you are automatically awarded a bit of artifact XP to your equipped artifact. I cant say how common these are, as ive only seen one thus far. For example, theres a spot in Val'Sharath where i was walking to a quest objective on my Frost DK where the spectre of the Lich King appeared in the middle of a ruined path and did a short RP monolog after which i was awarded 50 AXP directly to my equipped swords.
    O.o never had one of this thing happen to me (2nd paragraph)... but sounds really cool.

Homophobia is so gay.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm wondering if that's spec specific anyway, given certain artifacts have fairly different routes to obtain and powers they represent.
    I would imagine that the specifics of the encounter are spec, or in this case artifact specific, but i dont know if the trigger locations themselves are the same for all specs. Or indeed if it is a trigger location at all, it might just happen that the event starts once you reach a certain distance from a given objective. I havent seen enough of them to tell at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

Well, we know we got Hunter X Hunter fans at Blizzard
    Freakin' sweet. Love that series!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Maybe they can add world quests that reward artifact power, that'd be good.

You should try professions in Legion then, they're actually quite fun to level up with the quests and all.

Also, I know people that were loaded back in Vanilla, some that got the gold cap in TBC... Lots of people didn't do all that outside stuff like you claim. Most people were afk in Ironforge or Orgrimmar or Shattrath.

If you decide to buy everything with gold, that's your choice. I only use my gold to buy some stuff like mog items/pets/whatever. Everything else I need (mats for pots/food/etc) I go and farm them myself.

The first time I ever got to ride the 280% flying mount was in MoP. I don't have the 310% flying skill on any of my chars.

Blizzard is giving you plenty of choices in legion. You can do the world quests for the lore/rep/gear/mats/random things or you can just buy everything from the AH. Ultimately that's your choice. You can't possibly ask blizzard to force everyone to do everything.

You can also decide to afk in Dalaran and just do HC/waiting to be TP. Or you can do other stuff while waiting.

People nowadays are just lazy. If you give them choices, they'll take the easiest way. If you force them, they'll complain they have no choice bla bla bla.

Tho I agree WoD was kinda lackluster because they basically gave us nothing really cool to get outsides. No dailies, no world event etc... And you could basically get everything in your garrison (herbs/mines, etc etc) without interacting with the outside world or other players.
    Well as I said, I wasn't stating that my view is the correct, I was merely observing the gameplay of Legion, and having played WoD for 2 years and dreaded every moment of it, I was rather afraid that this would be a repeat with how the mission table works in your class hall.

I can see now there are plently of incentives to do world quests, and of course we're forgetting the unique legendaries you can get from mobs, which is another incentive to kill shit in the open world.

And regarding the lazy part, I'm afraid this is part of life and being human. Nobody is gonna turn down a shortcut unless there's a reward for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    750Ti as recommend for DX11 I assume.

I'm gonna trade out my 970 for the equivalent of a 980 of Pascal. Can't wait to play the game at 4k come august
    Yeah, Ill be trading my 380x with the 1080 as well. Expecting at least double performance.

10+ Year Old Account

Well the new one is sort of growing on me, but I do hope it has the right stats for the spec and class I am playing.
    For example if I was playing Warrior, then the stats would show up for that class and so forth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well the new one is sort of growing on me, but I do hope it has the right stats for the spec and class I am playing.
    For example if I was playing Warrior, then the stats would show up for that class and so forth.
    what do you think the character sheet change is for?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    New people who join the game after the movie. My gut has said all along part of the simplifying they are doing is for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    New people who join the game after the movie. My gut has said all along part of the simplifying they are doing is for that purpose.
    Or it's just quality of life changes because, ya know, 10 years later things get stale.

I couldn't give to shits either way. Gameplay's the same thing it's always been. Only thing I care about (aside from Lore).

People seem to be more focused on superficial elements either being brought up to date or adjusted as oversimplification when the gameplay remains the same. Kinda boring to see the same strawman argument over, and over, and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    To annoy classes/roles who don't actually have the necessary information displayed. AKA tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    To annoy classes/roles who don't actually have the necessary information displayed. AKA tanks.
    That is probably one of the only fair points I've seen brought up pertaining to the change. That can be rather annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Or it's just quality of life changes because, ya know, 10 years later things get stale.

I couldn't give to shits either way. Gameplay's the same thing it's always been. Only thing I care about (aside from Lore).

People seem to be more focused on superficial elements either being brought up to date or adjusted as oversimplification when the gameplay remains the same. Kinda boring to see the same strawman argument over, and over, and over again.
    I don't particularly care that they're doing it Snarky McSnarkface, but I suspect that's the reason.

... and in what life was quality hampered by the current character sheet? Too hard to read? Current character sheet didn't have quite enough focus on your ilvl? lol ... whatev.

What? If you're talking about dodge/parry/block I haven't actually looked at either of those since they did 2 things to them

First) Put it on a double roll
    Second) since they removed it from gear

there's literally no reason two give a damn what the numbers for those are anymore, hell, i don't even looking at my strength/agi only thing that matters are crit/mastery/haste depending on class

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What? If you're talking about dodge/parry/block I haven't actually looked at either of those since they did 2 things to them

First) Put it on a double roll
    Second) since they removed it from gear

there's literally no reason two give a damn what the numbers for those are anymore, hell, i don't even looking at my strength/agi only thing that matters are crit/mastery/haste depending on class
    That's nice. Some of us still look at it, especially when our class is designed around the values that are present. Masteries, talents etc that are all focused on increasing those numbers, but I have no idea what those numbers actually are without an addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

?? why would it show intellect instead of strength for a warrior lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    ?? why would it show intellect instead of strength for a warrior lol
    It was just a example...
    *Shrug*

That's nice. Some of us still look at it, especially when our class is designed around the values that are present. Masteries, talents etc that are all focused on increasing those numbers, but I have no idea what those numbers actually are without an addon.
    Then go make a constructive post, or have someone do it, on THEIR forums as to why those numbers need to be there, personally I feel its all fluff and unneeded but if you feel so strongly about it, that's the only way to get it added.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just Blizzards way of telling Little Johnny Paste-Eater what stats he should be focusing on since whenever Little Johnny asks on /2 everybody tells him to look for tank gear with Int or Spirit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then go make a constructive post, or have someone do it, on THEIR forums as to why those numbers need to be there, personally I feel its all fluff and unneeded but if you feel so strongly about it, that's the only way to get it added.
    Already been done, but thanks. Having main stats on the sheet if unnecessary fluff as well, yet there they are.

Arguably the only thing missing is Parry rating, as that's the only defensive stat you can now buff (with crit, but it's not a 1:1 crit% to parry% conversion).
    If they put that on when in a tank role I'd be 100% content.