Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Mythic Archimodne is 735, you can obviously upgrade this for some extra ilvl. I think 735 is about the same kind of gear you get at lvl 102-104.

It kind of depends on how long we have DHs on live, and if you want to "race" for server first 110, otherwise it's kind of pointless. Even as a DH coming fresh out of the starter zone, mobs melt the first couple of levels, but progressively becomes harder and takes a bit longer to kill.
    mmm. What ilvl do you end up with at the end of the DH Starting zone? i would assume its about 710 or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    mmm. What ilvl do you end up with at the end of the DH Starting zone? i would assume its about 710 or something?
    I think it's around 700ish, I don't really remember, I just remember leveling was a breeze the first few levels, but could slowly feel how mobs become progressively stronger at 105+

Like at first you could easily group up mobs and kill them all during eye beam, at later stages it would only deal maybe 40-50% off their hp (still a lot!)

Considering the nature of questing on Legion Alpha, I'd encourage the DH players to try and get as well geared as possible before Legion hits to make leveling smoother.

To settle a few things:

1. The conq token has DH on it (this is where we all knew DH would be since it was the last 3 class token)
    2. The connection is not on wowhead yet between the token and the gear, most likely because no one has used the token to get the gear.
    3. The connection between the token and the gear is in game though, when you look at bosses it shows you the correct pieces based off the slot they give you (manny chest, gore legs, etc)
    4. It is not a new model, it is off piece models put together in a *set*
    5. Currently (read: subjet to change) you can come out of the DH starting zone at around 681, 680 armor/jewelry/trinkets, 685 weapons though you can actually end up lower if you miss a rare/chest
    6. The speed difference between 681 and 720+ is huge, you'll replace 680 gear immediately, 720+ will last to 105+, so it IS worth doing for those inclined.
    7. For anyone curious here is the archi trinket: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13963...ras&bonus=1799
    8. You can't currently attempt to solo HFC as it is scaling you to 100 and 690 in norm

and finally (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    Considering the nerfing that many classes are getting and the removal of secondary stats, I doubt that will be the case this time.
    Each expansion before this people were crying out that their spec or class was being nerfed too. Then it goes live and everybody is a little strong and some doecs are insanely over tuned. Either way we will find out soon enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Wasn't there a blue post or dev interview that the prepatch event would also be the appearance of DH's? or at least the DH starting experience

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Wasn't there a blue post or dev interview that the prepatch event would also be the appearance of DH's? or at least the DH starting experience
    Well yes, no one is denying that, what is unknown is the amount of time we will have with them, and that's what's being discussed here

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Each expansion before this people were crying out that their spec or class was being nerfed too. Then it goes live and everybody is a little strong and some doecs are insanely over tuned. Either way we will find out soon enough.
    I mean I played an enhancement in 4.0, that was anything but buffed. We were joint bottom with elemental, both below frost mages who weren't considered 'viable' for pve.

Didn't get much better once we levelled up, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I think it's around 700ish, I don't really remember, I just remember leveling was a breeze the first few levels, but could slowly feel how mobs become progressively stronger at 105+

Like at first you could easily group up mobs and kill them all during eye beam, at later stages it would only deal maybe 40-50% off their hp (still a lot!)
    This is very wrong. You leave the starting zone most likely UNDER 680 (you have 680 blues in most slots, but 660 greens in some). Even after getting your artifact weapon that only boosts you up to like 685 max.

Additionally, you probably tried DH before the HP buff went live in alpha (or it may have gone live during your "later stages"). There are actually a ton of complaints out there that DH's are the most difficult character to level for the first 5-6 levels because unlike every other class, you're missing the majority of your talents at 100, and you're pretty squishy. Luckily, souls that mobs drop help keep you going.

Deleted
    What do people think would be the best items to craft for demon hunter for their early release?

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    This is very wrong. You leave the starting zone most likely UNDER 680 (you have 680 blues in most slots, but 660 greens in some). Even after getting your artifact weapon that only boosts you up to like 685 max.
    If you get every rare and treasure you will leave at MAX 681-2, as I stated earlier, they nerfed the starting weapons to 685

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I mean I played an enhancement in 4.0, that was anything but buffed. We were joint bottom with elemental, both below frost mages who weren't considered 'viable' for pve.

Didn't get much better once we levelled up, either.
    While I do appreciate the discussion of OP/UP during prepatch guys can we try to keep this on topic for this thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by Starsword66 View Post
    What do people think would be the best items to craft for demon hunter for their early release?
    Crafting all three slots to 715 wouldn't be bad, or 2 weapons to 705 if you don't have a heroic raiding guild willing to push you through.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you get every rare and treasure you will leave at MAX 681-2, as I stated earlier, they nerfed the starting weapons to 685
    Unless they changed it this week, ALL starting gear (including the weapons) is ilvl 680 and blue. There are minibosses where you can collect a few pieces that can epic upgrade to a slightly higher ilvl, but none of the core quest items could (or at least, they didn't in the 4 demon hunters I ran through the starting zone at different times). Not sure what you mean by 681-2 (I assume you're on a phone).

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Unless they changed it this week, ALL starting gear (including the weapons) is ilvl 680 and blue. There are minibosses where you can collect a few pieces that can epic upgrade to a slightly higher ilvl, but none of the core quest items could (or at least, they didn't in the 4 demon hunters I ran through the starting zone at different times). Not sure what you mean by 681-2 (I assume you're on a phone).
    Nah, i just didn't know what it would average out to. And all the quest items and drops can upgrade, i was just saying that with 680 blues (not upgraded) in every slot and the 685 blue warglaives (i assure you, they are now 685, they used to be 720) you'll end up around 681. I just ran it yesterday and those are the base numbers for the upgrades

(though i doubt the glaives can pop epic)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2016-04-25 at 06:53 PM.

I hope people take into account that most of the DH talents are gated behind a level requirement that isn't attainable during the prepatch. I think being carried through HFC isn't realistic for most people. Gl to those that manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope people take into account that most of the DH talents are gated behind a level requirement that isn't attainable during the prepatch. I think being carried through HFC isn't realistic for most people. Gl to those that manage.
    Its a silly decision on blizzards part, but really, it just make it rotationally more boring than anything (specially as a tank)

That, and I think there will be a whole lot to do in the Pre-patch, what with the massive Legion Invasion events in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor that have been found and datamined. If it's anything like the Wrath pre-patch was, there will be plenty to do without setting foot on Draenor.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs weren't available when ppl were doing Sunwell, they became available with Wrath launch - They lvld up to 68, and hoped right into Northrend.

Same with monks - They lvld up to 85, and went straight into Pandaria.

Demon Hunters, however, WILL be available for a few lockouts BEFORE they can go into the Broken Isles. I anticipate Blizz making them a Archimonde trinket as well. Also, fairly sure they will have their artifacts before everyone else can in the pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    I am still checking in to see if they will add baleful for DH, I got my last token and all 695 boosts last night, so its one of those hurry up and wait things. I am torn between buying some 705 weapons and holding onto those in the off chance that I cannot pick up some 720-730 in HFC. This lack of info is making me over prepare.
    Aren't Glaives the only weapons DHs can use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    DKs weren't available when ppl were doing Sunwell, they became available with Wrath launch - They lvld up to 68, and hoped right into Northrend.

Same with monks - They lvld up to 85, and went straight into Pandaria.

Demon Hunters, however, WILL be available for a few lockouts BEFORE they can go into the Broken Isles. I anticipate Blizz making them a Archimonde trinket as well. Also, fairly sure they will have their artifacts before everyone else can in the pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't Glaives the only weapons DHs can use?
    There's already an Arch trinket. It's a plain Agil/Haste/Mastery one right now.

Tbh I think they will give them to people literally the reset before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Tbh I think they will give them to people literally the reset before.
    And you'll be wrong. Lol. They'll release with prepatch. 4-6 weeks before Legion.