Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why aye pmsl

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that warcraft movie is 5-6 years late at this point and I'm afraid to even watch it.
    Stuff they showed in trailers looks super cringy, literally makes me uncomfortable.
    Still gonna watch it with friends but meh.
    So I really don't think we can even talk about oscar award.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Do you think there is a chance to be nominated for special effects or costumes or anything else? I noticed Robert Kazinsky mentioning the academy awards in the latest Panel and it got me thinking he might be hoping for that. I recall a recent George Lucas interview where he mentioned "I'm too popular for oscars" though special effects or other category might be easier for this kind of films.

The clique of the Academy though is important and I don't know if it would include these people.
    In short, not a hope in hell, except for technical awards - and then...maybe. Depends on what they're up against. (Hint: the new Star Wars) There are some BIG movies coming out it will be running against, it's an uphill battle for them all the way. The new Ghostbusters will get a ton of nominations, because of PC, just watch.

I don't pay attention to the Oscars, myself. They were invented to sell movie tickets - and are still used that way. The only real thing that matters is how much money it drags in - an Oscar can help, but not that much. Same for the Grammies, etc - most awards are just ego stroking and marketing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Lord of the Rings were actually good movies. Avatar was the highest grossing film of all-time and still only managed to win a few technical awards.

Warcraft won't even get a sniff of an Oscar's butt.
    Better example: NONE of the Harry Potter movies won a single Oscar. Over 8 films, as the second most successful franchise ever, making billions of dollars and high marks in reviews, it was completely snubbed by the Academy. I don't believe any of them rank as best picture, but they are surely worthy of lesser awards and technical awards. NONE.

If Harry Potter can get snubbed, so can Warcraft. We shall see.

Deleted
    I have no idea. Didnt watch the movie yet.

More chances for razzie awards
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "he is so hot"
    "god i love the baby"
    "i can't wait" "oh my god woooooooooooooooooooooo yes!!!! Hahaha i can't waaaiiit! Woooooooooooo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Lord of the Rings trilogy won many oscars

FUCKING NARNIA won 1

and people saying Warcraft wont win any? ok lol

The story isn't epic... more like a soap opera. The actors are TV actors (mostly with a couple B film actors)? It's only appeal is for warcraft fans (Blizzard's hope that it will bring new players to the game will be crushed).

I'm not even sure it will do well at the box office... relying on DVD sales to show a profit.

I think... the opening scene? Should be some random dude standing at a mission table... "Based on a true story" with an iPad playing Garrisonville. Roll credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely but it might get nominated for effects, music or costumes. A win is less likely.

It's a summer movie. It will have a week or two. Independence Day Resurgence will be out the 24th and that will be the end of that. I hope it's enjoyable and makes a crap ton of money world wide since I would like to see more. Do I expect a great movie? No, but I'm hoping that it will be better than average. I do not doubt that nearly everyone aboard the production gave it their best.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

"And the Oscar for Biggest Waste of Cinematic Resources and Moviegoer Time goes to.....Warcraft!"

It'd win for that.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

LoTR was also the best selling novel of all time and had like 50 years of hype.

zero chance, not even special effects: jungle book takes easily. Warcraft would be lucky by a mile just for a nomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Lord of the Rings was groundbreaking on so many levels, thats why it got 12 nominations.

So basically the only way a fantasy movie gets recognised by the Academy is how groundbreaking they are... Warcraft has spent 18months purely on special effects... is this enough to get a nomination?
    I guess it do. Im not really that much into how the Oscars work, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Huntsman, Most of the Transformers films and a ton of Marvel films all got nominated for special effects. Please tell me why Warcraft, being a movie made of 99% special effects wouldn't stand a chance for nomination?
    Dont know much about how Oscars work tbh, just assumed fantasy type stuff didnt normally get nominated
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I guess it do. Im not really that much into how the Oscars work, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know much about how Oscars work tbh, just assumed fantasy type stuff didnt normally get nominated
    They do Generally you won't see the lead actor getting either Best Male or Best Female awards though, as generally fantasy movies focus more on the action and less on the acting :/

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Lord of the Rings trilogy won many oscars

FUCKING NARNIA won 1

and people saying Warcraft wont win any? ok lol
    Lord of the Rings was great

Avatar was pretty heavily produced and well crafted.

Dont have to say anything to Narnia.

Deleted
    I think it'll get best original song - that Dubstep is bangin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Lord of the Rings was great

Avatar was pretty heavily produced and well crafted.

Dont have to say anything to Narnia.

Narnia and Lotr came from the great book authors, Avatar from the established, honored director.