Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Man, I love this show but this last episode was terrible. I didn't like him coming back from his trip to Supergirl and not saying anything except for "how long was I gone?" Especially as the team is trying to find a way to open breaches. "Oh yeah, there was that time I went to a whole different earth recently, do you think that is relevant?" I get what people are saying about when things were filmed and when they aired and different networks etc, but not acknowledging that just throws everything off. And now either it never gets brought up at all, which makes the whole crossover seem useless, or when it does any excuse he has for not mentioning it right away is going to be pretty lame.

It started off interesting, but once Zoom just laughed off the leg devices it went downhill quickly.

Yeah, it really is. I get that we're working with time travel and alternate dimensions here, and that's a core part of all of this, but it really seemed like a horrible explanation. Twins, triplets, from another earth - I think anything else would have been a better choice.

Why Zoom have a spidey-sense for breaches? I don't recall them ever showing him finding them on his world before since he'd already done that by the time we were introduced to him, so I guess I just assumed it was through science and gadgets like Team Flash used. To me it would have made a lot more sense for him to have had some kind of monitoring equipment light up on a map in his lair rather than him just instantly detecting that Cisco was starting to open one up. Its not a huge difference, but it was yet another part of this episode that brought me out of the story to think "why did the show do that or write it that way"?
    I actually liked that they didn't mention Supergirl, I hope they keep that show completely out of the Flash.

Yeah the whole episode was kinda filled with dumb stuff like zooms spidey-sense. Like why didn't Harry just put a shitload of deadly poisons or a paralysis in with barry's speedforce or why Jay didn't have blue lightning if he was Zoom's time travel duplicate?

Oh and why would he say "well this complicates things?" when he killed Jay if that was his plan all along?
    Last edited by frogger237; 2016-04-23 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I actually liked that they didn't mention Supergirl, I hope they keep that show completely out of the Flash.

Yeah the whole episode was kinda filled with dumb stuff like zooms spidey-sense. Like why didn't Harry just put a shitload of deadly poisons or a paralysis in with barry's speedforce or why Jay didn't have blue lightning if he was Zoom's time travel duplicate?
    Because that version hadn't abused the velocity as much yet. Could be another reason why "Jay" was hesitant to use Velocity, he didn't want his Lightning turning blue and giving himself away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I hope (May be harsh) Zoom gets himself killed or something.
    what like he gets hit by a car when crossing the street or something?
    Hi

SO this last episode was total shit eh? Kidnaps a boy, gives the boy back and cause Barry is such a stand up guy he just gives up his speed? THen there is the fact that Zooms whole plan was to steal Flashes speed.....something he himself was not capable of. Good thing Wells was there to do it for him I guess.

The whole shoiw was a boring recap of bullshit family crap then a 3 min fight, They had em, why didn't every one run in to subdue Zoom when he was on the ground defeated? Poor writting?

I have really enjoyed every show so far, but this one was a total pile.

"Here is ALL THE LEVERAGE I HAVE, Now still give me your speed"
    "OK!! nothing I can do now that you gave up wally, not like I am faster than you now ansd able to beat you, here have my speed"
    "Oh BTW, my whole plan rests on someone else taking your speed for me, soooo, Wells, I got no leverage on you, but could you do it anyway?"

What a shit episode.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-04-23 at 06:54 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Getting to another world he can do on his own yes, but getting specifically where he wants to go is more Cisco's field of expertise.
    Just to be clear, since he never mentioned it, no one knows that "getting to another world he can do on his own". He didn't tell Cisco "I traveled to a completely different earth, we need a way to control this". It just didn't happen, at all, no mention, nothing important about meeting an ALIEN, let alone her being a cutey in a miniskirt fighting crime.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Just to be clear, since he never mentioned it, no one knows that "getting to another world he can do on his own". He didn't tell Cisco "I traveled to a completely different earth, we need a way to control this". It just didn't happen, at all, no mention, nothing important about meeting an ALIEN, let alone her being a cutey in a miniskirt fighting crime.
    I know, but given Cisco's reluctance to do it at all, if Barry gave him any reason to think there was another way he would have tried to focus on that more. If Cisco knew Barry could speed to another Earth he would try and focus on perfecting that rather than dip into his own powers. I still think its a big let down not to mention it just like the rest of you but if you look at it this way at least it semi covers the potential plot hole.

I know, but given Cisco's reluctance to do it at all, if Barry gave him any reason to think there was another way he would have tried to focus on that more. If Cisco knew Barry could speed to another Earth he would try and focus on perfecting that rather than dip into his own powers. I still think its a big let down not to mention it just like the rest of you but if you look at it this way at least it semi covers the potential plot hole.
    There's so many things wrong with the episode, the supergirl connection is a minor thing, but it IS a plot hole, no reason to try to explain it. :-p

They didn't even know about Cisco's reluctance at that point, so it doesn't cover anything.

im still holding out hope there is agood jay out there. pretending to be flash just doesnt make sense to me.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im still holding out hope there is agood jay out there. pretending to be flash just doesnt make sense to me.
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the real Jay Garrick in the mask. Flash was Jay originally til Zoom captured him and stuck his remnant in his place.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    There has to be. Eobard Thawne wouldn't have been concerned about the helmet unless it was a threat to him. So unless he was afraid of Zoom making somebody else steal the Reverse Flash's speed, it's most likely he was worried about the true Jay Garrick.

Plus, I'm still not convinced that Hunter wasn't lying through his teeth while he was 'explaining' everything. Why tell the truth when a lie could hurt more?

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    There has to be. Eobard Thawne wouldn't have been concerned about the helmet unless it was a threat to him. So unless he was afraid of Zoom making somebody else steal the Reverse Flash's speed, it's most likely he was worried about the true Jay Garrick.

Plus, I'm still not convinced that Hunter wasn't lying through his teeth while he was 'explaining' everything. Why tell the truth when a lie could hurt more?
    all i know is, if it is true, his reason for pretending to be the flash is beyond cheese.. although.. the reverse flash was upset he couldnt fanboy hard enough.. or something..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Doubt we'll ever know, if they even remember that RF reacted to it...

Because he's a psychopath, and only his internal logic matters. (Which is to say, because the writers just wrote it that way.

Doubt we'll ever know, if they even remember that RF reacted to it...
    Well, they have said that they've not made Jay Garrick a bad guy in this show, so that implies there's an actual Jay Garrick somewhere who is actually a hero.
    Because he's a psychopath, and only his internal logic matters. (Which is to say, because the writers just wrote it that way.
    It was a rhetorical question, so not sure your answer fits, but if you want an actual question to answer, maybe I should have asked "Why should we believe that he's telling the truth now, when he's apparently been lying about everything else before now?"
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-04-25 at 11:56 PM.

Well, they have said that they've not made Jay Garrick a bad guy in this show, so that implies there's an actual Jay Garrick somewhere who is actually a hero.
    This along with his explanation of his origin to Caitlin is exactly how Jay got his powers in the comics leads me to believe the man in the mask is Jay, whether he's Earth 2 or not can't say.

This along with his explanation of his origin to Caitlin is exactly how Jay got his powers in the comics leads me to believe the man in the mask is Jay, whether he's Earth 2 or not can't say.
    It could be that Earth-2 published the comic adventures of Jay Garrick back in the 60's, and Zoom stole the idea from those comics. They did something similar back in the Silver Age in the comics, with all of the Golden Age heroes being comic books on the Justice League's Earth until Barry crossed the dimensional barriers and discovered that the comic writers on his Earth had been subconsciously publishing adventures from another universe.

To merge some theories, maybe Wally's mom died, and he was adopted by the Garrick family and named Jay and now he's the man in the mask!

It was a rhetorical question, so not sure your answer fits, but if you want an actual question to answer, maybe I should have asked "Why should we believe that he's telling the truth now, when he's apparently been lying about everything else before now?"
    Oh, I'm not saying we should believe him, it was more the point that don't be surprised if he IS telling the truth with no more justification from the writers than "because". "I think he's lying again" has as much merit as "I think he's telling the truth" and neither is justified in any way that adds permenance.

- - - Updated - - -

And Team Flash scores another kill! He should get kill stickers for how well his villains get dead. Much easier than storing them underground I guess.

So dumb lol: Instead of just trying to actually hit the guy with a stun gun or anything since he isn't invulnerable, lets possibly get barry killed trying to make him old.

Wonder if after next week he will be faster than he was before.

So what do you think Zoom does when he's out and about? He seems to disappear for long periods of time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So what do you think Zoom does when he's out and about? He seems to disappear for long periods of time.
    Out maintaining reasonable levels of terror, perhaps?

I knew Killer Frost would still be alive, based on the whole Caitlin angle. I thought that Wally would recognize Barry in the Flash suit and turn against Joe for trying to set him up with a 'fake', but looks like they dodged that bullet.

Also, why not just tell the dude, "Hey, using your strength is killing you, ease up and maybe we can find a cure." Or, I dunno, use this as an opportunity to practice Vibe Blasts? Nope, first thing they jump to is "Let's make him over-exert so he'll age (and die, while not said, is implied)."