Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    You keep on saying that. Where does it say that an MMO game must involve social interaction?
    I highlighted it for you.

You keep on saying that. Where does it say that an MMO game must involve social interaction?

Personally I play MMOs because they are massive, they are multiplayer and they are online. So telling people to go play a single player game makes no sense.
    What do you think multiplayer means?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Um, no that says multiplayer, not social interaction. Care to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    What do you think multiplayer means?
    That I can play with others. What do you think social interaction means?

What has group finder to do with game beeing more social? Dungeon finder is the problem, not group finder... I don't want back times when for completing one dungeon you spent 30minutes to find a group...

Nope.

LFD/LFR > "LFM TANK & CC Shattered Halls" for hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Um, no that says multiplayer, not social interaction. Care to try again?

That I can play with others. What do you think social interaction means?
    Spot on with both of these.

An MMO only means you are in a persistent world with other people, not that you have to play with said people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Those people should be playing a single player game or some other type of game not an MMO which should be around social interaction between players
    It should be obvious, if you choose to play a mmorpg is because you want an experience of a certain kind... but now is more like we just enjoy to see other players roming around with us... and not for all players "social interaction" means the samething.

I have been playing this game for about 10 years now and I can tell you there was alot more social interaction before xrealm and the groupfinder
    Why? because if you wanted to advance in wow you needed other players to like you or help you.
    In vanilla we got 40man raids or pvp... you need others players to form so lange group. But did you see any 40man raid around?
    No, by the time we got content that you can do alone, in 5, 10/25 players.

It's easy to think that if 10 years ago we were better, then bring back everything to how it was 10 years ago... but in these 10 years, things have changed and what worked yesterday it is not guaranteed to work now.

If you give people an incentive (faster progress) to interact with each other that people will do that.
    I dont see how you can kill Archimonde HM in pug without interact with other players...

For me Social are thing like that: http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/16/...iendshipmoose/

For me be in a guild is the best way to play, but if there are players that are not in a guild or preferd using a pug/tools/lfr, an incentive dont work because that is the way same people like to enjoy this game.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Just a reminder - people came up with gear score when they were looking for a solution for finding a group being horrible experience.
    Just a reminder, even before they came up with "gear score" (in Wrath) the standard in BC was "list your stats in LFG comment" (yes, there was a LFG in BC, I don't exactly remember if it was called that though. heh.) More commonly though, it was "T6 or gtfo".

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    How? and you are assuming again that the reason for sub loss is multiple difficulties.

Of course there are many reasons why subs declined. I think people seem to forget I feel one of the most important. When WotLK ended, the story for many ended. We beat the legion and the scourge. As such everything that was built up from WC1-3 was over and for many that was the end of warcraft for many. People still started to join but at a lesser and lesser rate while others finding the story ended quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Nope.

LFD/LFR > "LFM TANK & CC Shattered Halls" for hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on with both of these.

An MMO only means you are in a persistent world with other people, not that you have to play with said people.
    You guys always exaggerate lol. Anyway the custom LFG tool>all. If Blizzard added that instead of LFD/LFR, it would have preserved the community. Assuming the dungeons were kept challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Pretty sure thats never going to happen, for a lot of reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Not really, you highlighted an M that stands for multiplayer. Multiplayer does not necessarily mean or require social interaction.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    yes. absolutely yes.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    It's one of the amazing features that once you implement, there is no way to remove it again without alienating huge parts of the community.

So the only real questions is:

Should it have been there to begin with? And my answer is: Probably not since it discourages social interaction which is the true bread and butter of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think it played its role in the decay of community. But it doesn't hold it down. That community on live is toasted. So to go back on my realm would mean never getting a group a few months after launch ever again.
    Thats why you would merge more realms

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some video about pre group tool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqXKm8_yd64

No. Do not regress the game to its previous shitty state. Move on if you do not like the current game. Don't fuck it up for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagidin View Post
    Should it have been there to begin with? And my answer is: Probably not since it discourages social interaction which is the true bread and butter of WoW.
    Agree, of course it will never be removed that's what I said first post.
    They could remove cross realm this would also also fix some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No. Do not regress the game to its previous shitty state. Move on if you do not like the current game. Don't fuck it up for the rest of us.
    The previous state wasnt shitty.. you just think that because it now is a feel loot machine where you have to put in 0 effort to get decent gear or even interact with other players. It use to be a great MMO and not a single player game which it is now.

Agree, of course it will never be removed that's what I said first post.
    They could remove cross realm this would also also fix some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

The previous state wasnt shitty.. you just think that because it now is a feel loot machine where you have to put in 0 effort to get decent gear or even interact with other players. It use to be a great MMO and not a single player game which it is now.
    There are things that need to change now aswell. No doubts. But removing quality of life features is not one of them.
    The main problem with wow to this day is the playerbase. Not the game. They are just burned out due to playing too long and then everything seems like its bad. Been there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You're completely delusional if you don't think that nearly anonymous 99.99% cross server content with no penalties or repercussions for being a jerk/ninja and zero accountability for your actions doesn't heavily encourage and foster anti-social behavior.
    You're literally saying what I just said
    "the tools may be there to make it EASIER to be anti-social"
    Point still stands, you can still make the effort to reach out and make something of the game.
    I rarely do cross realm content anyhow., I have a nice guild with an active player base. We've worked pretty hard on making sure it's a nice welcoming environment, and we shun/boot anyone that makes it unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    The main problem with wow to this day is the playerbase. Not the game.
    Because most people who played this game for the social aspect have quit and moved to other games.

Deleted
    Because most people who played this game for the social aspect have quit and moved to other games.
    And now you want to change the way game works to force the remaining people into being more sociable because you didn't move on but want the good old days back?

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is actually you?

When the game is good again people will come back to play it. Back at the start of WoD people though we would be getting back the 'old' experience again and look at the sub numbers back than.