Too many story arcs.
    Hardly enough time to tell a story when you're only getting 5 - 10 minutes a week of one character.

Haven't even been reintroduced to the Greyjoys or Bran yet.

I liked it. Although if the butthurt book-purists are to be believed, that should be impossible.

Reminder: something isn't a plot hole just because it doesn't match the way you envisioned the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Reminder: something isn't a plot hole just because it doesn't match the way you envisioned the story.
    Just because you like to switch your brain off and enjoy a drip feed of low tier melodrama, doesn't mean the rest of us can't notice the shit tier story telling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I liked it. Although if the butthurt book-purists are to be believed, that should be impossible.

And ofc a retard comes up, trying to be all preachy and talking about "purists" when the main complaints of the last ten pages were about the plotholes WITHIN the show. We talked about the show, no comparison. The plotholes are huge and the writting makes no sense. Nothing to do about being a puriste, it's about having a critical mind that can differentiate good episodes from bad ones. This one had one part that was good. Jon and Davos.

I'll write it in a way you can understand it.
    No Comparison. Episode 1 bad writting. Bad directing. Plot holes. Not good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I actually didn't mind the Jamie parts, it's actually kinda believable. People do it all the time, getting away from bad influences, improving themselves, but then meeting up with those old influences again and slipping into the old poor behaviors.

What pissed me off about the whole boat thing is that Myrcella got sick while they were still right there in Dorne.

Don't you just turn the ship around at that point? I mean, sure, she's dead either way but if you're Jamie - if you're her father - don't you immediately turn around and at least try to get the nearest help you can? And in doing so, he would immediately alert Doran to the situation that he's in, which might change a lot of things.

That just seemed like Zombie-Movie level "doing dumb stuff for the sake of the plot".
    Yeah definitely. The Dorne/Sand Snakes thing is a really terrible way to carry on the drama that existed when Oberyn was alive. The writing for him was definitely better but that guy could act and really delivered memorable scenes and frankly if they weren't going to keep the caliber of writing and acting somewhat consistent they should have just kept Dorne as a distant threat to show up in table conversations and the like but not waste huge amounts of screentime on it like they have.

That they decided to devote huge amounts of time to the storyline there and made of it what they did shows real poor form and quality. If it continues it'll make me somewhat glad that the rumors are the last 2 seasons will be like 7-8 episodes a piece since they're basically running out of 'good writing juice' and having to resort to shoddy drama and plotmaking devices.

I enjoyed the episode overall, but we're also in that kind of territory where there's few people to actually get attached to. Bit players in the early seasons are now front and center and they don't have the charisma nor personality that really makes you hang at the seats' edge. It makes me think of that thing someone once said: "What would happen to the world if the heroes and dreamers all died and we were left with the second-raters to decide our fate?"
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Jesus christ, this thread is just ruined with all the butthurt children moaning about the books. As somebody who reads the books and watches the show, it's utterly fucking pathetic. Go circle jerk about how great the books are in the book thread.

Screw it. Thread is all but ruined by the exact same 5 posters who barf up the same post every time new information is discovered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Jesus christ, this thread is just ruined with all the butthurt children moaning about the books. As somebody who reads the books and watches the show, it's utterly fucking pathetic. Go circle jerk about how great the books are in the book thread.

Screw it. Thread is all but ruined by the exact same 5 posters who barf up the same post every time new information is discovered.
    ahhh yiiissssssss another dude that doesn't understand that we aren't comparing to the books but talking about the show only.
    aahhh yiiiiissssssssssssss.

Your ignorance intensifies my orgasm.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread needs Garian back to tell us the ultimate end goal of D&D mary sue's agenda

Ugh, half of the episode was like writing of some 10 year old, who then read it in front of the class and all of a sudden thought 'oh shit, guess i didnt think this through, it doesnt make much sense... welp too late now'

From bad pussy to greedy bitch. dem naughty girls

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Episode was fine overall but the Dorne plot has really hit rock-bottom, there's no saving that cesspit now.

Favorite part was definitely the banter at Khal Moro's place.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I like how people are willing to "forgive" the sins of this episode as some sort of "the show is its own thing" byline, but fail to mention that the writing is just poor. It's evident throughout the whole episode, but I'll just mention one scene that not many people have a problem with.
    And I like how posters like you are throwing such a pity party for yourselves here. We get it. You didn't like parts of (or all of) the episode. Aparantly everyone is supposed to agree with you, and nobody is allowed to enjoy the show.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Overall boring episode, for me...Hope it's going to get better.

Man...this episode really seems to be a touchy subject lol

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Man...this episode really seems to be a touchy subject lol
    Nah just a lot of passionate people upset about the quality of the show going down. Personally I'm ok with it, Theres still good stuff on the show and the first 4 seasons are among the best TV around so I'm thankful for what we got and see the rest as a bonus.

Entertainment that grows as big as game of thrones or walking dead eventually suffers I think. So easy to buckle under your own weight. And people have been attaching real world issues to this show since the start so again not surprised outside factors have crept in.

The quality of writing in parts is making the show look like parody. Which in this genre is very easy to do.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-04-25 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

It seems that is the way of this forum. The Star Wars: Force Awakens thread turned into an unreadable (in terms of content) pissing contest between posters. The walking dead thread is a bucket load of sorrow due to the cliffhanger.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a lot of people are saying/thinking, the North arc - Jon/Night's Watch; Sansa/Davos/Northern Houses; Bran/WW - is what's gonna carry this season. We might see a few good moments here and there, but we all know the most interesting stuff will be happening up north.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    And I like how posters like you are throwing such a pity party for yourselves here. We get it. You didn't like parts of (or all of) the episode. Aparantly everyone is supposed to agree with you, and nobody is allowed to enjoy the show.
    Straw man. Nobody is saying any such thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder if we will get some round about Lady Stoneheart action from Sansa this season. Episode 3 is called Oathbreaker and Brieanne/Sana just exchanged oaths.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I do wonder if we will get some round about Lady Stoneheart action from Sansa this season. Episode 3 is called Oathbreaker and Brieanne/Sana just exchanged oaths.
    Wasn't Brienne's sword called Oathkeeper? It could certainly be tied to that, but it also might be something with the NW considering many of them broke their oath just recently in a mutiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Wasn't Brienne's sword called Oathkeeper? It could certainly be tied to that, but it also might be something with the NW considering many of them broke their oath just recently in a mutiny.
    Freshly Resurrected John Snow teaming up with the wildlings and purging the NW before moving on to fight (and win) against the Bolton's would make my year.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing