Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ashbringer for everyone. Please reconsider...

Can we please not do that
    Personally I would be fine if players get those other variations of Ashbringer, but can the original version, the one wielded by Tirion stays legendary?
    There isn't much time. Please reconsider this decision.

What others think about it? Especially Ashbringer and Doomhammer. I don't think those two (the original versions) should get in players hands that easily, if ever.

That ship has long sailed, besides Tirion won't need it since Ebon Blade will just give him a new weapon.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    too late.
    skins done, questlines done, talent tree done.
    now suffer the special snowflake virus.

+ i dont think the ashi will have much use in tirions dead and cold hands.

Formerly known as Arafal

how about hell no.
    cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
    we are 4 months away from release. its too late.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yeah I'm sure they'll scrap the concept since you said please.

It's happening. Get over it bub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That ship has long sailed, besides Tirion won't need it since Ebon Blade will just give him a new weapon.
    You might wanna put a spoiler tag on that buddy.

(I'm aware that quoting it exposes it to more readers/posters etc. so don't bother pointing it out.)

I agree that lorewise the Artifact idea is both stupid and pointless, but the system looks great, and done well can add a lot of gameplay. And, as others have said, it's already done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    You might wanna put a spoiler tag on that buddy.
    oh cmon, everyone who really didnt see that comming has to be brain dead.

Formerly known as Arafal

Seems fine to me.
    Our characters are a big fucking deal in the warcraft universe by now. If we aren't making a name for our own weapons just by wielding them, might as well use someone else's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    how about hell no.
    cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
    we are 4 months away from release. its too late.
    It's just 1 skin, the original one that bothers me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    What others think about it? Especially Ashbringer and Doomhammer. I don't think those two (the original versions) should get in players hands that easily, if ever.
    Well, people have been asking for a way to obtain those cool weapons.

...Apparently, they didn't figured out that, if one player can get it, the rest will be able to get it.
    And, if it was a realm-first thing, the remaining playerbase would produce ridiculous amounts of salt.

I'm just glad Blizzard found a cool way to give more spotlight for those weapons, because they need it.

And while it may seen easy by mechanics, it's still a important event in the lore point-of-view, which is a angle that this game is needing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been worried about this since they announced artifact weapons. Giving every single person who plays that spec an iconic weapon like ashbringer, or doomhammer, will make them not iconic anymore. I like the idea of letting us get these super cool and powerful weapons that we upgrade throughout the expansion, but seeing 8 billion ashbringers (even with the skin / color variants) will totally kill it for me. Just my opinion

sig made by BeastyBeauty

7+ Year Old Account
    The time to ask them to reconsider was just after the reveal last August.

At this point -- even if millions of players threw a huge stink and got them to change it out -- it would set the expansion back I-don't-want-to-guess-how-much time to change it to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Can we please not do that
    Personally I would be fine if players get those other variations of Ashbringer, but can the original version, the one wielded by Tirion stays legendary?
    There isn't much time. Please reconsider this decision.

You're about a billion days too late to be bringing this up now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's only one expansion where they're relevant. The whole artifact system is stupid and lazy, just hope that whatever they come up with next is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    but seeing 8 billion ashbringers (even with the skin / color variants) will totally kill it for me. Just my opinion
    How is that different than seeing 8 billion of whatever the BiS weapon is from the current raid tier for each class? Transmog isn't a factor because you can still transmog your artifact.

Deleted
    I have to agree with OP on this because a weapon of such importance like Ashbringer and Doomhammer shouldn't be duplicated and given out to every player.

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    I've been worried about this since they announced artifact weapons. Giving every single person who plays that spec an iconic weapon like ashbringer, or doomhammer, will make them not iconic anymore. I like the idea of letting us get these super cool and powerful weapons that we upgrade throughout the expansion, but seeing 8 billion ashbringers (even with the skin / color variants) will totally kill it for me. Just my opinion
    Honestly though how many people are going to leave it as the artifact skin, any of them? I know I've already got transmog plans for every character I've got because I'd rather go with something I'll enjoy than the look they gave us on most of the artifacts, coupled with the fact that I think peoples' special snowflake senses will steer them away from using the basic appearance.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's only one expansion where they're relevant. The whole artifact system is stupid and lazy, just hope that whatever they come up with next is better.
    The artifact system is deeper and more complex than just throwing weapon drops on each boss. You're delusional if you think that it's lazy, by choosing to do it they made a ton more work for themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Why would the Ebon Blade give him a new weapon? He's dead and will remain so for now, he's not one of the four horsemen.