Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You can't be invaded if you're unembered or you could go offline. It's not forced on you. I went unembered in Irithyll becuase I kept getting chain invaded by Aldrich Faithfuls. The area was a bit harder as a result but I could've gone offline as well.
    When I killed the first boss it literally embered me without my consent, that is the definition of forced. I'd have to purposefully go off and kill myself or play the game offline to avoid it, because it was forced.

I was just expecting something fairly standard that'd make sense, like an arena you que into to 1v1 or what have you from what few videos I had seen since most of the fighting happened in the same place. This systems really archaic and requires an honor system to really get anything out of if you want anything besides a open world mmo pvp experience. Which I've already seen tons and tons of complaints about since most people aren't going to follow an honor system.

And that's even outside of the obvious imbalance issues that are actually placed in on purpose that even you were just mentioning a couple posts ago.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    When I killed the first boss it literally embered me without my consent, that is the definition of forced. I'd have to purposefully go off and kill myself or play the game offline to avoid it, because it was forced.
    So basicaly the same reason why Nexus was filled with bloodstains.

10+ Year Old Account

I was just expecting something fairly standard that'd make sense, like an arena you que into to 1v1 or what have you from what few videos I had seen since most of the fighting happened in the same place. This systems really archaic and requires an honor system to really get anything out of if you want anything besides a open world mmo pvp experience. Which I've already seen tons and tons of complaints about since most people aren't going to follow an honor system.

And that's even outside of the obvious imbalance issues that are actually placed in on purpose that even you were just mentioning a couple posts ago.
    Then you can disable the online portion for that. You can still see messages and bloodstains.

Most of the time I find that hosts are the ones being dishonorable. Which is fine because I'm in your world unsolicited. I don't blame players for being unfair, I blame the game for making it possible. If you get invaded just summon a couple dudes to help or use the Way of the Blue covenant. You can switch covenants on the fly so if you have problems with being invaded you can play in Way of Blue and switch to something else when you need to do another covenant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Ye I don't see the appeal in invading either. Most invaders seem to be pathetic cowards too, invading 1v2, hiding behind monsters etc.

Yesterday after I finished my completely solo run I started a co-op one with 2 friends which makes the game piss easy but finally makes invading more fair for the host, we keep getting invaded all the time and destroy them easily, basically we are just getting free souls and materials from whichever covenant they belonged to. So we got our revenge and then some. Feels good man.
    Fair for the host? It's unfair for the invaders already for the reasons I stated above. The ONLY advantage that an invader has over a host is enemies and like I said, you can take that away from them. The host has 3 advantages over the invaders. Higher health, more Estus, and will always outnumber the invaders if summoning.

Then you can disable the online portion for that. You can still see messages and bloodstains.

Most of the time I find that hosts are the ones being dishonorable. Which is fine because I'm in your world unsolicited. I don't blame players for being unfair, I blame the game for making it possible. If you get invaded just summon a couple dudes to help or use the Way of the Blue covenant. You can switch covenants on the fly so if you have problems with being invaded you can play in Way of Blue and switch to something else when you need to do another covenant.
    I shouldn't have to swap offline is the thing.

Also I agree with the "don't hate the player, hate the game" bit, its exactly what I'm being critical of. As I said the games systems are archaic, and set up to promote poor player behavior. If the devs wanted fair and balanced pvp this isn't the system they would have created.

Also I have no idea how to do any of the summoning or whatever with the covenants. I'm just trying to enjoy my first play through before I delve too deep. The ignorant first play through is a lot more fun for me than knowing everything before I go in.

Which is again why I dislike the games pvp systems. I'd much rather play through the game itself and have proper competitive pvp be a sort of "end game" which the game would be really suited to vs this system that is really just a mess of unpredictability. It's definitely a fun system to watch people make shenanigans videos on, but not great if you want to actually take it somewhat seriously.

I wouldn't mind invaders using monsters if seed of a giant tree was easier to get than it is.

Higher health, more Estus, and will always outnumber the invaders if summoning.
    That's probably true if you're just sitting there waiting for an invader, but the system doesn't seem to be designed with that intention.

For instance I was actually playing the game when I got invaded, so I had 1 charge left on my flask and hadn't summoned anyone cause I prefer playing solo and wasn't quite at full hp. I was also significantly less geared or leveld than the guy as well because he basically took no damage from my attacks and chunked me something fierce.

But therein lies problems with this kind of system, it's not balanced well at all. It seems like its meant to be chaotic.

Fair for the host? It's unfair for the invaders already for the reasons I stated above. The ONLY advantage that an invader has over a host is enemies and like I said, you can take that away from them. The host has 3 advantages over the invaders. Higher health, more Estus, and will always outnumber the invaders if summoning.
    Considering that the two times I was invaded by actual people I got invaded by two people making it a 1v2 in their favor, yes it needs to be more fair for the host.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't have to swap offline is the thing.

Also I agree with the "don't hate the player, hate the game" bit, its exactly what I'm being critical of. As I said the games systems are archaic, and set up to promote poor player behavior. If the devs wanted fair and balanced pvp this isn't the system they would have created.

Also I have no idea how to do any of the summoning or whatever with the covenants. I'm just trying to enjoy my first play through before I delve too deep. The ignorant first play through is a lot more fun for me than knowing everything before I go in.

Which is again why I dislike the games pvp systems. I'd much rather play through the game itself and have proper competitive pvp be a sort of "end game" which the game would be really suited to vs this system that is really just a mess of unpredictability. It's definitely a fun system to watch people make shenanigans videos on, but not great if you want to actually take it somewhat seriously.
    If you aren't going to use co op then there is absolutely no reason for you to be online whatsoever. You can still see messages and bloodstains too. Your complaint is not valid. The game offers you a way out of your frustrations with no downsides (for you personally) and you choose not to take it and then proceed to blame the game? Doesn't work that way.

That's probably true if you're just sitting there waiting for an invader, but the system doesn't seem to be designed with that intention.

For instance I was actually playing the game when I got invaded, so I had 1 charge left on my flask and hadn't summoned anyone cause I prefer playing solo and wasn't quite at full hp. I was also significantly less geared or leveld than the guy as well because he basically took no damage from my attacks and chunked me something fierce.

But therein lies problems with this kind of system, it's not balanced well at all. It seems like its meant to be chaotic.
    That is a fair point about the Estus but you still have double the invader's Estus if you've been exploring and finding all the shards. That is also not necessarily a common case. The points I listed above are problems because they are so frequent, except the Seed of a Giant Tree thing.

As for being outgeared that is simply not true. I'm not saying you're lying, just misunderstanding. DS3 has systems in place specifically so that you aren't against someone much stronger than you. The invader can only be 10 levels higher or lower than you and their weapon can't be much more upgraded than yours. There are certainly some OP builds out there but I get the impression that you are at a low enough level that you probably aren't encountering those or they are rare cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Considering that the two times I was invaded by actual people I got invaded by two people making it a 1v2 in their favor, yes it needs to be more fair for the host.
    Then you were likely in one of the two zones that are trafficked by specific factions. Even so, you could've summoned 2 people and outnumbered them. So it was fair you just didn't take advantage of the tools at your disposal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Believe it!

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

As for being outgeared that is simply not true. I'm not saying you're lying, just misunderstanding. DS3 has systems in place specifically so that you aren't against someone much stronger than you. The invader can only be 10 levels higher or lower than you and their weapon can't be much more upgraded than yours. There are certainly some OP builds out there but I get the impression that you are at a low enough level that you probably aren't encountering those or they are rare cases.
    Yeah I have no idea what I'm anythinging atm.

All I know is me slashing him to his face took like - off his bar, and him hitting me once was like --------- and I was 2hing and he was sword and boarding. Likely just me not having something because I'm just derping my way through, but still not exactly a great time to have people coming at you when I'm still learning basics.

I'm also deprived so that probably isn't helping.

Really just want a standard arena / group pvp type system personally, as the random just ganking people out in a world clearly not intended for that kind of play seems to not be the greatest.

Also lets be serious https://youtu.be/BBA7E-2KYT0 this is what the pvp is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Or ^this.

But seriously though, the pvp system just doesn't promote serious play. It seems like its set up if you really enjoy dicking around and doing shenanigans stuff like above. Which is fine, it is what it is. Just isn't what I'd personally prefer.

15+ Year Old Account
    More shenanigans

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account

All I know is me slashing him to his face took like - off his bar, and him hitting me once was like --------- and I was 2hing and he was sword and boarding. Likely just me not having something because I'm just derping my way through, but still not exactly a great time to have people coming at you when I'm still learning basics.

Really just want a standard arena / group pvp type system personally, as the random just ganking people out in a world clearly not intended for that kind of play seems to not be the greatest.

Also lets be serious https://youtu.be/BBA7E-2KYT0 this is what the pvp is about.

Or ^this.

But seriously though, the pvp system just doesn't promote serious play. It seems like its set up if you really enjoy dicking around and doing shenanigans stuff like above. Which is fine, it is what it is. Just isn't what I'd personally prefer.
    Oh I absolutely agree that the PVP isn't serious and I also wish that there was an arena like in DS2. I do find it funny that people take Dark Souls PVP so seriously though. I think historically the PVP is probably the most controversial aspect of the game. Personally that feeling of panic when you see that you've been invaded is exciting and terrifying and I enjoy it. But I know that there are a lot of people who don't care about it and just want to play the main game.

10+ Year Old Account

Hard to say what happened. Are you sure he wasn't blocking and that's why you didn't do any damage?

The way I understand the system is that its based not only on your Level, but also the highest upgraded weapon you have. So you should not have been fighting anyone significantly higher than yourself.

The Deprived background shouldn't have hurt you either. I almost exclusively play Deprived-backgrounds in Souls games, and outside of the starting area it really doesn't matter.

If you want to ignore PvP, like they said, go offline or return to the Firelink shrine after killing a boss and jump off a cliff to go back to regular form. Note that you will also miss out on NPC invaders that can drop Emotes or Loot.

Another option is to backtrack ASAP to a bonfire whenever you are invaded and look for friendly summons to assist you. And with that in mind, you can also set your covenant to the Way of the Blue and hope some BlueBro's can come to help you.

Truthfully though, if you are not summoning others yourself, you are down very low on the priority list of being invaded. Red Phantoms are pulled into worlds with White/Gold Phantoms first, so it should not be a common thing for you.

But if you want to get better at PvP and hold your own, there are a lot of YouTubers out there that can give good tips. The number one is to learn how to parry. The number two is to learn the timing and range of weapons. You get those 2 things down and you can beat the majority of DS players.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Or ^this.

fake meta is fake

true meta

Oh I absolutely agree that the PVP isn't serious and I also wish that there was an arena like in DS2. I do find it funny that people take Dark Souls PVP so seriously though. I think historically the PVP is probably the most controversial aspect of the game. Personally that feeling of panic when you see that you've been invaded is exciting and terrifying and I enjoy it. But I know that there are a lot of people who don't care about it and just want to play the main game.
    I personaly prefer when community creates its own arenas.

It just feels more natural.

Yeah I prefer to just play the main game and then use pvp as a means to get more serious later on as is fairly standard these days.

The way the pvp is in this game is kind of surprising considering how srs business people make the game sound when talking about it. It's known as that super hard game but when you get into it its people pooping and throwing dung at each other or other such shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Hard to say what happened. Are you sure he wasn't blocking and that's why you didn't do any damage?
    Nah definitely hit him in the face.

Yeah I've heard of the npc invaders, how do you tell if its one of those? Cause for all I know I was fighting one of those.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-04-25 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Believe it!
    Thats amazing LOL.

Also those mad about pvp, don't take it as a insult but..... its pvp. If people want to roll 2v1 thats how it is. As long as they are not cheating its fair game. Thats why I never figured out why people are ok with not using a flask in pvp.

I will do what it takes (Without cheating) to win in pvp and thats all there is to it. If I get out numbered then so be it.

My advise to you guys is ether....

1) Go offline
    2) Stay unembered

if you don't want to pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think pvp is the worse part of the game and I think Bloodborne handled it the best.

But thats my opinion tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah I've heard of the npc invaders, how do you tell if its one of those? Cause for all I know I was fighting one of those.
    They have a fuckton of HP and drop stuff when you kill them.

They also cheat with unlimited FP so if you see someone using warcry for the 30th time, its definitely NPC,

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah definitely hit him in the face.

Its hard to tell, sometimes you tell from the names (none of the NPC Invaders will be Xx*****SlayerxX or the like). You can *usually* tell by the first hit. If you do your normal damage, but it only takes a small chunk away then its probably an NPC (they have HUGE health bars). They are fairly eratic though, so I've fought a few NPC's that I thought were people. Its funny how differently you treat a person versus an AI. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I finished everything in the game this weekend. The last boss on my checklist was Nameless King. I had an incredibly hard time with him and was getting really frustrated since he would basically kill me if he caught me in any of his combo's. I had a hard time predicting his combo's and they seemed to be fairly random. But then I switched to a bow for Phase 2 and beat it first attempt (with the bow that is). So my advice to people struggling with Nameless King...use a bow (or magic I guess). =)
    Hes uhh... an odd boss for me. His first phase is annoying just due to the RNG factor of if hes going to let me hit the dragon's head along with can't see shit capn.
    His phase 2 for me is a lot easier for some reason. I've went through phase 2 without getting hit at all as it's more of a learning curve for his combos. A lot of his attacks are either consecutive or extremely delayed (and does a 180 cause why not), which I think trips most people up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Does everyone else has really bad lag during pvp? Or is it just me?

Makes pvp almost impossible.
    Well, it's nicknamed (well I am) Lag Souls for a reason. Co-op and PvP has always suffered lag especially when you have cross region matchmaking turned on. It's funny sometimes but dumb nonetheless. There also those that purposefully lag themselves also. Also met a hacker, that was fun, couldn't die so I jumped off a cliff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So basicaly the same reason why Nexus was filled with bloodstains.
    Well, that was slightly different. It wasn't because of invaders or anything for Demon's Souls, it was because of World Tendency. Nexus had a World Tendency but there was no event there. Quite honestly I actually like the World Tendency mechanic, even though I imagine some people don't.