Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Yes, but he did not specifically comment on Legacy servers situation. He disagree with the direction Wow has taken, he also disagree with Blizzard communication and empathize with the closure of Nostalrius. Everything else - as much as I'd love him to take for a pro-legacy approach - is pure speculation, sadly.

EDIT: Update from Mark Kern about the video.

Whats this video about anyways?

Yes, but he did not specifically comment on Legacy servers situation. He disagree with the direction Wow has taken, he also disagree with Blizzard communication and empathize with the closure of Nostalrius. Everything else - as much as I'd love him to take for a pro-legacy approach - is pure speculation, sadly.

EDIT: Update from Mark Kern about the video.

Will go over to Tuesday for Europeans, but it will be interesting to see the video either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    An open letter about the Nostalrius petition. Today, he reads the letter publicly - along with the help of several youtubers and streamers - and tomorrow, he goes directly at Blizzard to personally deliver a paper version of said petition.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    It's a guy that helped develop WoW and left Blizzard and now wants to make a shitpost video attacking them out of spite or revenge or something like that.

An easy way to get back at a former employer.

His opinion is worth about as much as some random streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    It's a guy that helped develop WoW and left Blizzard and now wants to make a shitpost video attacking them out of spite or revenge or something like that.

Your post is rather unnecessary though. It's just all toxic spitting.

10+ Year Old Account

Ouch, the salt. It must hurt?

He was team lead @ Blizzard during the original Warcraft development. He was part of the top devs there. He also worked on Starcraft and Diablo II.

He's doing a video today to ask Blizzard to rethink their position on Legacy server. Since he's well known at Blizzard and that the work he did there was key to several games, he has a lot of weight.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Your post is rather unnecessary though. It's just all toxic spitting.
    They asked what it was about, I told them. Nothing more, nothing less...

Ouch, the salt. It must hurt?

He was team lead @ Blizzard during the original Warcraft development. He was part of the top devs there. He also worked on Starcraft and Diablo II.

He's doing a video today to ask Blizzard to rethink their position on Legacy server. Since he's well known at Blizzard and that the work he did there was key to several games, he has a lot of weight.
    He's become irrelevant in the gaming industry, and he's trying to get his 15 mins of fame back by attacking his former employer.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Mark, is that you?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much weight Blizzard gives it is an open question since he hasn't worked there for 10 years.

Others are giving it a lot of weight. I have a lot of skepticism about that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Please, do explain how he has a lot of weight at blizzard right now.
    More than you, clearly. Never heard of company history? I mean, why do we give more attention to Mitt Romney's opinion than say, the random stranger on the internet - which includes you?

Because they have a strong historic. Kern's opinion has a thousand time more value than what you will ever have at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    How much weight Blizzard gives it is an open question since he hasn't worked there for 10 years.

You have a lot of skepticism about this whole thing since the beginning, which is ok, but his opinion have more value than any stranger. He left in very good terms with Blizzard and he never attacked them. Even now, he recommend them to take a certain course of action - and say that the Blizzard from before isn't the same as today. But it's not an attack. Plus, a lot of the old devs are still there.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-04-25 at 09:28 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo

Except that's nothing what the video is about. You only stated your own spite.

Not even an attempt at something constructive.

Nothing screams professional like that hashtag.
    I suppose it could be less professional if it was said in response to a question from paying customer who had spent hundreds of dollars to get into an event hosted by your employers.

His opinion is worth more then yours thought (because at least he at some point WAS developer), yet you are willing to spit your opinion every time someone asks you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    You're also assuming he left on good terms. For all we know he burned those bridges when he left a decade ago
    For all we know he didn't. Did you see that?

Please, do explain how he has a lot of weight at blizzard right now.
    He doesn't. It will be the 200k plus signatures that will sway Blizzard's decision one way or the other not Mark Kern.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, poor baby.
    Sorry? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're also assuming he left on good terms. For all we know he burned those bridges when he left a decade ago
    Actually, no, he was quite transparent as to why he left Blizzard. He still left on good terms, though. It's not hard to find one of the dozens of interview as to why he quit in the first place.

That's your answer? lol
    Yes, because there are none others. You're being irrational by trying to shut down one of the original big head of Blizzard by claiming he has no weight whatsoever. But then again your position is well known and the bias is astoundingly clear.
    Google Diversity Memo

Actually, no, he was quite transparent as to why he left Blizzard. He still left on good terms, though. It's not hard to find one of the dozens of interview as to why he quit in the first place.

Yes, because there are none others. You're being irrational by trying to shut down one of the original big head of Blizzard by claiming he has no weight whatsoever. But then again your position is well known and the bias is astoundingly clear.
    Well, when you can't argue anything else, attack the person.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/724384794855895040

That would lead me to believe he doesn't have a "come by whenever" open door policy with them anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Every story has 2 sides. We've only ever heard his
    What? That doesn't even have anything to do with your original comment. Seriously, what the actual fuck is wrong with your guys arguments all the time lol.

Apparently we have all burned our bridges with Blizzard since we can't just waltz right in guys. Let's just go home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

He has a lot of weight, without him wow would not exist and most of the features would also not exist, he was the TEAM LEADER of vanilla world of warcraft, i think that carrys a lot of waight