Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Is it bad that i prefer simcity? :s

Sure the maps are small but with cities skylines you just keep building it doesn't matter if you don't build optimally or if your traffic/services is bad, it's pretty much impossible to lose money/ happiness :S

Though i do love the look of the snow...
    I enjoy Cities Skylines a lot but... I think Sim City 4 may have been the pinnacle of the City builder experience >.>
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I saw a review of this and it said if you don't pick up dead bodies promptly, the building where they died is condemned and you have to demolish it! Seems a bit contrived.

I really like this new patch with the quays, terraining, seawalls and quays. I can now make proper ports using seawalls and training. It is also much easier to make sunken highways as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astronom View Post
    I saw a review of this and it said if you don't pick up dead bodies promptly, the building where they died is condemned and you have to demolish it! Seems a bit contrived.
    Yeah that's not really true at all. if there are dead bodies waiting it means you don't have good access to a graveyard or crematoriom for that location and either need to resolve some traffic issues or build a closer facility. Once you do that, issue is taken care of. if you leave it for a very long time, it CAN cause all the people to move out of the building and it gets abandoned. In that case, it still can get reoccupied after a while once the issue is taken care of or you can bulldoze it to not bring down surrounding land value but the problem will just come back if it's not resolved.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Yeah that's not really true at all. if there are dead bodies waiting it means you don't have good access to a graveyard or crematoriom for that location and either need to resolve some traffic issues or build a closer facility. Once you do that, issue is taken care of. if you leave it for a very long time, it CAN cause all the people to move out of the building and it gets abandoned. In that case, it still can get reoccupied after a while once the issue is taken care of or you can bulldoze it to not bring down surrounding land value but the problem will just come back if it's not resolved.
    There's a mod out that limits services to a specific zone, as a way to control that. It's called "Districts" on the workshop. It's very handy for dead body and garbage pickup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any hints for the business park? Managed to get 14.4k / 20k but that took hell of a lot of time and like 1/2 of the commercial zone is abandoned with not enough customers, depsite having over 130k citizens :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Any hints for the business park? Managed to get 14.4k / 20k but that took hell of a lot of time and like 1/2 of the commercial zone is abandoned with not enough customers, depsite having over 130k citizens :S
    You might have too many parks and entertainment areas. People will go there instead of a commercial building.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is the landscaping tool?

I wanted to try it out myself but I sank a ton of hours into The Division the past days :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I couldn't say, I've been hooked on Kerbal Space Program again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's a 'maximum level of landscaping'?
    At some point while going all out creating a mountain I 'ran out of soil' haha. Had to make a dent in another mountain to keep on raising the new one.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    So how is the landscaping tool?

I wanted to try it out myself but I sank a ton of hours into The Division the past days :-P
    Works great, it's limited, you can't do huge brushes like in the terrain editor, but for tweaking parts of the map, it's perfect. The cost attached to it isn't that bad, either. Great update!

10+ Year Old Account
    landscaping is pretty cool,

Allowed me to flatten a mountain and dry up a sea and expand my city by 1/2 :s

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure...uh...have a lot of office space there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You sure...uh...have a lot of office space there.
    They keep asking for it :S They seem happy enough as well :S

Commercial is just the bane of my cities life though, i remove all commercial and they complain there's no commercial so i build commercial and they complain there's not enough customers :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Commercial is just the bane of my cities life though, i remove all commercial and they complain there's no commercial so i build commercial and they complain there's not enough customers :S
    Too many parks, probably, taking away from commercial. Gotta have a balance. Also make sure you have educated customers for high commercial.

So I loaded up this beauty earlier and found every single high school had erased itself. I had to locate every spot on the map that had an empty area next to houses and put them all back in place so all 30k eligible residents could go back to school

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Too many parks, probably, taking away from commercial. Gotta have a balance. Also make sure you have educated customers for high commercial.

So I loaded up this beauty earlier and found every single high school had erased itself. I had to locate every spot on the map that had an empty area next to houses and put them all back in place so all 30k eligible residents could go back to school
    Did you maybe have a custom asset high school that you unsubscribed? That happened to me before (I had the microwave power plant from SC2k or 3k as a custom skin for the nuclear power plant, unsubbed from the asset and the next time I loaded my city there was no power anywhere).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Did you maybe have a custom asset high school that you unsubscribed? That happened to me before (I had the microwave power plant from SC2k or 3k as a custom skin for the nuclear power plant, unsubbed from the asset and the next time I loaded my city there was no power anywhere).
    Nope, the custom asset (DP's High School) was still subscribed. I had to just place them all again. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    First person camera seems to have stopped working. Is it broken for everyone else? I've removed and reinstalled it but the key doesn't work.

Deleted
    Wowzers! Whilst I`ve seen plenty of different images of what folk have built, they are generally a bit samey.

Someone has made something fresh, their vision of Blighty.