Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    It has nothing to do with competitive games. Some of the most respectful / best communities come / came from games like SC, Quake etc. which were / are arguably more competetive than LoL, WoW or fucking CS:GO x)

The thing CS:GO, LoL (or any other MOBA) and the current WoW have in common is their lobby-like nature, where the main experience for all of / most of the player base is just being lumped together with random people to play together with. This obviously leads to a more egocentric and anti-social behaviour, because no one values random people as much as oneself.

While no community is ever perfect, the CS 1.x community and the Vanilla/TBC community were much less self-centered. Why? Because being social and collaborating with others over longer periods of time was essential for large parts of these games. Clans and leagues in CS 1.x were run by the players themselves and there were a truckload of them, same goes for the old WoW days. Nowadays this is optional, you can experience most of what is offered as a lone wolf. This leading to less social communities should not come as a surprise.

And considering all that, in that regard Kungen and others have a point
    I definitely agree with everything you've said here, except for the last part with Kungen having a point. That's not worth discussing though because that's subjective. You might like him therefore viewing his opinion as a valid one, whereas I dislike the whole bandwagon thing which he jumped on and don't view his opnion any higher than I would view my own. Otherwise, I definitely agree with you.

Edit: Just to make it a bit more clear, I like those who haven't started hating on Blizzard because its the new thing to do, but because they don't want to see WoW die and generally care for the game. Hence why I view Cdew, Towelliee, Nobbel, Sodapoppin and Venruki in higher regards (in this situation) than I do Kungen. I feel bad for comparing these streamers, as they all have something great/bad about them, but I hope you see what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-25 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It's still high quality gear that allows you to completely bypass content that we claim is lacking. You want to make content last? Bring back linear progression. Instead they are gating with an idiotic "legendary" ring. Same bullshit happened in Pandas and people basically skipped ToT(sans the cloak quests) and only did SoO because the gear was better. You can extend the life of content by not having these uber catch-up mechanics.
    Sorry but 700 is not high quality gear. A dude in 700 gear has around 3000 or so less main stat than a dude in 740 gear, which is almost half. It really means nothing whatsoever, sorry if you thought it did though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a moron who suddently decided this was the perfect moment to relive the days he was arguably relevant. Carry on.

Kungen still trying to crawl his way back from irrelevancy I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Sorry but 700 is not high quality gear. A dude in 700 gear has around 3000 or so less main stat than a dude in 740 gear, which is almost half. It really means nothing whatsoever, sorry if you thought it did though.
    No, you're really missing the point. You've killed the need for heroic dungeons and all raiding short of HFC. There should be a natural progression of gear. The green PVP gear is beyond worthless because you can just afk in Ashran for the blue gear. Prior to the Argent Tournament patch there was a linear progression to gear and that extended the life of content.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    funny that Kungen crys 24/7 nowadays but past 3.0 he kept quiet xD he just jumps on the Nostalrius shitwagon well let him run around spreading the word on every server he wont achieve anything he should move to Kronos and getting over the nostalgia shit

Deleted
    Kungen is a moron, every time i'm browsing Twitch I see him online, and all he does all day is just talk about how AMAZING WoW used to be, and how bad it is now, and how awesome raiding was back then. he's done this for multiple days now this week alone, it's like this is his entire life now.

It's just sad to see tbh.

I'm watching his stream right now.

The question I ask is:

1) How many legacy server would Blizz need. They would at least need multiple. I would admit it would get great fan fare and massive people would flock to it. So I would hate to play on an overpopulation or lag server.
    2) What happens if these servers all sudden drop in population. Am I like the server I was on for "real" Blizz, all sudden be an MMO wasteland.

Again I would be one of the people who would play.

The game sucks because it isn't social. There isn't a tight knit community like there used to be in classic and TBC.

LFR and LFG is killing this game slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Kungen is a toolbag whose opinion means nothing. He did a thing once, in a video game. He deserves no recognition. I would put him lower than Athene.

"I waited for hours to make a party and on the way a guy died and would quit. Another guy got lost on his was to the dungeon and would quit. So I would have to go find 2 more people and this is why Vanilla Wow was great." From that point on I started to think this guy was a putz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    "I waited for hours to make a party and on the way a guy died and would quit. Another guy got lost on his was to the dungeon and would quit. So I would have to go find 2 more people and this is why Vanilla Wow was great." From that point on I started to think this guy was a putz.
    Honestly, I think it was better than LFD. There's no social aspect. Try to have a conversation with these people and most of the time the randoms are going to tell you to get bent. Even being friendly and complimenting other players typically results in a "shut up". There's nothing encouraging people to socialize or work together. Just nameless masses in your next Heroic HFC pug.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    It has nothing to do with competitive games. Some of the most respectful / best communities come / came from games like SC, Quake etc. which were / are arguably more competetive than LoL, WoW or fucking CS:GO x)

The thing CS:GO, LoL (or any other MOBA) and the current WoW have in common is their lobby-like nature, where the main experience for all of / most of the player base is just being lumped together with random people to play together with. This obviously leads to a more egocentric and anti-social behaviour, because no one values random people as much as oneself.

While no community is ever perfect, the CS 1.x community and the Vanilla/TBC community were much less self-centered. Why? Because being social and collaborating with others over longer periods of time was essential for large parts of these games. Clans and leagues in CS 1.x were run by the players themselves and there were a truckload of them, same goes for the old WoW days. Nowadays this is optional, you can experience most of what is offered as a lone wolf. This leading to less social communities should not come as a surprise.

And considering all that, in that regard Kungen and others have a point
    While I get what you are saying and we have definitely lost the idea of a community/server-wide reputation at the same time WoW has always been considered a cesspool of a community. Mostly due to just the size of it and how it gives trolls a larger microphone through things like trade chat and so on, but talking about how great things were back in vanilla is ignoring over a decade now of "anal" spam, ninja-looting, ninja-PuGs, "invinc(s)ible", "did you say ...", gold selling, guild selling, guild bank theft and more.

As it stands I'd say a lot of the problem has to do with there not being a lot of middle ground and Blizzard actively creating two different tiers of progression all based around raiding and PvP with no real meaningful open-world PvE content in the middle.

That said I think they really tried at the start of WoD. Especially having two very dangerous daily zones, but they didn't keep it up throughout the expansion and the raid gear from "organized" raiding is such that it overshadows anything else you can can get while putting those attempting to break into the raiding scene at a significant disadvantage with the gear available to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Kungen is a perfect example, that even a moron can be a elite raider.
    So im guessing your feelings were hurt by the truth eh? Pretty obvious that you are an LFR player whos scared the game acturally becomes somewhat challenging again :>

this thread should be changed to why kungen is a whiny little has-been bitch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Honestly, I think it was better than LFD. There's no social aspect. Try to have a conversation with these people and most of the time the randoms are going to tell you to get bent. Even being friendly and complimenting other players typically results in a "shut up". There's nothing encouraging people to socialize or work together. Just nameless masses in your next Heroic HFC pug.
    Although I absolutely won't deny the fact that WoW in it's original incarnation was way more community and group driven, I am always skeptical of people saying things like this. I do plenty of random heroics, mythic pugs and currently even LFR on an alt for the ring quest and I've encountered very few assholes in the past few months. Even in heroics I generally get responses when I throw in a " Hi" and start chatting, I rarely get ignored, let alone told to 'get bent'.

Of course, this varies alot and you could obviously have had these issues, but I find that alot of people are still plenty social and friendly if you just reach out abit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    How there would be more endgame:

Valor Upgrades would cost 750 valor per upgrade. Mythic dungeons awarded 50 valor, nothing else awards valor.

Everything is so plentiful nowadays and blizz seems afraid to give any progress longevity.
    and this would help how? No one wants to farm mythics that long nor can you with 8 lockouts per week. 400 Valor per week and 1 upgrade is 750. Blizzard should hire you. Definitely.

Kungen made this while playing BDO is the background where you buy decent looking transmog, coloring dyes and faster leveling ..among other things...with real money.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-04-26 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeemperor View Post
    I give Kungen 3 month before he quits Black Desert and returns to WoW for Legion because his viewer number are down. Also Kungen is not relevant anymore since its been ages that he has done any high level progression raiding like when Nihilum was still one of the top guilds.
    Yup, how much do people want to bet Kungen ditches BDO and jumps right back to WoW when Legion comes? At this point all he cares about is the viewers.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Why do people care what a has-been raider has to say?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompzy View Post
    He was the GM of the guild who basically completed Vanilla first. He was part of the reason raiding got so popular and his guild alone brought a lot of interest to WoW and made it so popular.
    WHAT? 0.01‰ of the playerbase raided in vanilla, that is data given by Blizzard?
    Kungen is another "boho nobody cares about me anymore"-whiner, that makes every 12 month a new "everything is shit in wow these days".
    And you take that dude still serious? a guy who cant live with the fact that noone gives a shit about him anymore and who took himself way to important?