Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Hard to pull yourself out of poverty if you can't afford food let alone an education. Then there are the kids who don't even have their highschool education because they had to drop out to help support their families.
    Once again, what does that have to do with social security, a system people pay into to receive a stipend when they retire or become disabled and no longer work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'm not sure that you understand what he was calling an ignorant post.

The objection was to the the phrase "literally beat her to death". They were fighting and, as a consequence of that fighting, the girl smashed her head on the sink. There's a considerable difference between that and literally beating someone to death.

Involuntary manslaughter is a reasonable charge because the death was accidental but related to the beating. "Literally beat to death" would warrant a charge of second degree murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Second degree murder requires intent to kill.
    I would say Voluntary Manslaughter. Involuntary is more due to negligence resulting in death. They/She intended to beat her. While the death may not have been intentional, they voluntarily engaged in the behavior that resulted in her death.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Once again, what does that have to do with social security, a system people pay into to receive a stipend when they retire or become disabled and no longer work?
    Maybe in the US. Typically social security refers to government assistance for low (or no) income citizens.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No one has said it yet?

I bet they were black.

Where is BLM?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

People who have no knowledge of fighting seem to think that a fist fight can not be lethal. A punch to the right spot on the face, head, stomach or chest can easily kill. Sometimes instantly. Its these same people who then go ape shit when someone else uses a force multiplier tool such a a gun to defend them selves. I was a bouncer for a couple of years, a street fight is terrible thing to get in and yes your life is in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I would say Voluntary Manslaughter. Involuntary is more due to negligence resulting in death. They/She intended to beat her. While the death may not have been intentional, they voluntarily engaged in the behavior that resulted in her death.
    I dunno...it falls right in the traditional definition of Involuntary Manslaughter. Could be Delaware has its own definition though.

But, in general, involuntary manslaughter is defined like this:

• Someone was killed as a result of act by the defendant.
    • The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.
    • The defendant knew or should have known his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

Voluntary Manslaughter typically requires an intentional killing without premeditation done when the perpetrator is in "the heat of passion"
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-04-25 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So many generalizations here...

1 bitch killed another bitch over a stupid boy... end. of. story.
    So, why do you do it yourself? And why the victim was a bitch? Care to explain your reasoning?

This reminds me of a fight that happened in my own school a day ago. This girl apparently insulted this person who had accidentally killed himself by doing backflips and snapping his neck. Several people jumped on her and the police had to come and arrest a few people.

A few of my friends got caught in the chaos.

I dunno...it falls right in the traditional definition of Involuntary Manslaughter. Could be Delaware has its own definition though.

But, in general, involuntary manslaughter is defined like this:

• Someone was killed as a result of act by the defendant.
    • The act either was inherently dangerous to others or done with reckless disregard for human life.
    • The defendant knew or should have known his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

Voluntary Manslaughter typically requires an intentional killing without premeditation done when the perpetrator is in "the heat of passion"
    Yeah, I see your point. I'd expect the prosecutor to start high and it would come down in the plea deal. As a juvenile, I could easily see this pled out to an involuntary manslaughter though that would be depend on the full extend of the injuries and if the head injury to death was more accidental as opposed to stomped out.

I'm not sure that you understand what he was calling an ignorant post.

The objection was to the the phrase "literally beat her to death". They were fighting and, as a consequence of that fighting, the girl smashed her head on the sink. There's a considerable difference between that and literally beating someone to death.

Involuntary manslaughter is a reasonable charge because the death was accidental but related to the beating. "Literally beat to death" would warrant a charge of second degree murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Second degree murder requires intent to kill.
    I certainly think that it could be argued that they did.

Guess we will find out more once testimony comes in. I know that in most states, if you hit someone after they are already knocked out, or incapacitated and they die or suffer major damage, you can be charged with attempted murder or 2nd degree murder. Why else would you continue to hit someone after they are out of the fight.

My guess is that they continued to hit her after she wasn't moving, but who knows. That's just speculation on my part.

I'd like to see, as a minimum, manslaughter to make an example out of these thugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't stop to think about a previous post about something similar like this, where a person was wondering whether the Police took down 2 girls too hard for fighting in a school just like this, was too harsh..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmmph, should be second degree murder really.

They willingly attacked her and through their actions, killed her. It was planned.
    They didn't intentionally kill her, I think. The distinction between man-slaughter and 2nd degree murder is intent. If you stab someone and intentionally kill them, that's second degree. If you just beat the shit out of them to beat the shit out of them and they die, that's manslaughter. Now of course if you are purposely stomping their head until it splits open that's 2nd degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    That's just speculation on my part.
    Exactly. Just speculation.

If you want them to "be made examples of" then you'd want the DA to stick with charges it can actually prove. Otherwise the girls would walk.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    I can't stop to think about a previous post about something similar like this, where a person was wondering whether the Police took down 2 girls too hard for fighting in a school just like this, was too harsh..... ...

Probably because I mentioned this story in that thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Just speculation.

If you want them to "be made examples of" then you'd want the DA to stick with charges it can actually prove. Otherwise the girls would walk.
    Would it matter If they slammed her head against the sink?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    When someone murders someone, it's their fault and nobody else's. Oh you could blame Iago for bullshitting to Othello but it's still Othello that killed his boo. Even Othello admits as much. Yeah shitty parents will usually raise shitty kids and poor people are usually dirty and bad natured. That's a timeless fact.

Yet in none of that is there an excuse for that murderer to do what she did and she should be hung immediately.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. I'd expect the prosecutor to start high and it would come down in the plea deal. As a juvenile, I could easily see this pled out to an involuntary manslaughter though that would be depend on the full extend of the injuries and if the head injury to death was more accidental as opposed to stomped out.
    Depending on age and record, I wouldn''t be surprised if some were tried as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Would it matter If they slammed her head against the sink?
    Possibly. But thus far there's no evidence thats the way it went down.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and jackasses on this board commend a cop for slamming a couple of adolescent girls to the ground (which just as easily could have killed them).....

Mutual combat is a sonnovabitch...you gotta protect your head. There are always drunk bros that lose their lives each year in this city because they got hit and then cracked their head against the curb on the way down.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2016-04-26 at 12:26 AM.

Hopefully the gang of girls are given the death penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fight in a high school restroom involving several female students ended with the death of a 16-year-old sophomore Thursday, authorities said.
    A deadly cat fight? We need to start declawing some of them.