Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Do those banned compounds have legal substitutes? Are they chemically synthesized?

Lots of hallucinogens are banned, you do not see a large explosion in black market trips because mushrooms grow quite easy in a closet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm....because there are legal options for cosmetics

Pro tip, I have a brain, you will lose this discussion.
    You said prohibition never works, I just gave you a list of tonnes of banned compounds that there is no underground market for. Sometimes, banning things works. Unless there's a huge demand for something that has incredibly potent effects, and is relatively easy to produce. If smoking was banned, some people would be upset but you wouldn't see a huge demand for cigarettes like we do cocaine, marijuana, all of the opiates, etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And they right, impairing your driving skills in not a "negative side effect on others".

- - - Updated - - -

There is already a demand.....there are millions of addicted people. You are not a pharmacist in Kenosha Wisconsin are you? I dont want you to be mine.
    Your everyday smoker isn't smoking to get high, if they banned smoking, most smokers would suck it up, and in a few months realise "holy shit, my lungs feel way better!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

And they right, impairing your driving skills in not a "negative side effect on others".
    Are you really that stupid? Impaired driving skills endangers others on the road.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-04-26 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They cost about that much in NYC.
    American dollars =/= canadian dollars. So you guys pay ~30% more
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    You said prohibition never works, I just gave you a list of tonnes of banned compounds that there is no underground market for. Sometimes, banning things works. Unless there's a huge demand for something that has incredibly potent effects, and is relatively easy to produce. If smoking was banned, some people would be upset but you wouldn't see a huge demand for cigarettes like we do cocaine, marijuana, all of the opiates, etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Your everyday smoker isn't smoking to get high, if they banned smoking, most smokers would suck it up, and in a few months realise "holy shit, my lungs feel way better!"
    Actually, no I didnt. But, what ever.

MJ isnt even addictive, and there is a market, and it is produced the EXACT same way tobacco is.

If your logic was anything other than stupid, no one would have ever started smoking, after all "it doesn't even get you high".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by iiamaking View Post
    actually, no i didnt. But, what ever.

Mj isnt even addictive, and there is a market, and it is produced the exact same way tobacco is.

If your logic was anything other than stupid, no one would have ever started smoking, after all "it doesn't even get you high".
    marijuana gets people high

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Are you really that stupid? Impaired driving skills endanger others on the road.
    Yeh.....and just like booze, thats illegal. Are you that stupid to not know that?

so they can fine and jail people for smoking tobacco next

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, start a movement to ban cigarettes than.

I think some of you folks are just for shit because Bernie or other lefties suggest it.
    Why would I do that? Am holding a cigaret as I type this. I don't see what Bernie said, as nearly conclusive as the OP suggests. I'm all for banning the preservatives that might increase cancer chances in cigarets. The possibility of thinking about the legality of cigarettes doesn't bother me at all. If he outright said he is thinking about banning them as a solution, I'd have a problem with that. But, just the possibility of reevaluating the industry does not bother me... Just like trans fat bans did not bother me...

- - - Updated - - -

So does sugar...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fucking. Luck. The lobbyists will pwn his ass into the dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so you are nit picking on one claim and ignoring the point being made. you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. an argument that has no relevance to the point made
    You do remember that I rebuked your other claims in your opening post right? This was just the last one that you wanted to argue.

Also you created a thread for the purpose of discussion. Your arguments are being discussed here. Their merits being weighed and evaluated. Just because you don't like them being challenged doesn't mean I'm here just to argue.

No shit, they smoke because they are horrible addicitive.

Ban smoking, great Marlboro is still making smokes in other countries, now people buy em and illegally import them.

Your "it doesnt get you high so no one would do it" is like the dumbest fucking line of reasoning ever.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would I do that? Am holding a cigaret as I type this. I don't see what Bernie said, as nearly conclusive as the OP suggests. I'm all for banning the preservatives that might increase cancer chances in cigarets. The possibility of thinking about the legality of cigarettes doesn't bother me at all. If he outright said he is thinking about banning them as a solution, I'd have a problem with that. But, just the possibility of reevaluating the industry does not bother me... Just like trans fat bans did not bother me...

- - - Updated - - -

So does sugar...
    Sugar also gives people diabeetus :P

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    How many people are going to be bothered to grow tobacco if it's banned? How many people are going to be willing to pay a shitload of money for cigarettes that don't even get you high if people try to sell it on the black market? If tobacco was banned, we would see a lot of pissed off smokers for a few months, maybe a few people would try to sell the last bit of smokes that they had, and then everything would blow over.

Yeh.....and just like booze, thats illegal. Are you that stupid to not know that?
    Does not change the fact that it effects others, which the person I replied attempted to claim it does not. Now go be an argumentative twit somewhere else.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 12:34 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't tons of smokers also poor?

It seems intuitive to believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    We already are pretty much fined, with the huge tax imposed. I think I'm not even in the highest taxing state and pay more than 300% mark up due to the tax.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Ok, great, why did people even start smoking if it doesnt get you high? Why was there ever demand?

No shit, they smoke because they are horrible addicitive.

Ban smoking, great Marlboro is still making smokes in other countries, now people buy em and illegally import them.

Your "it doesnt get you high so no one would do it" is like the dumbest fucking line of reasoning ever.
    Lol alright mate. Tell me that your average smoker is going to be willing to pay an insanely marked up price for cigarettes that don't get you high once it becomes illegal. Tell me that people are actually going to be able to import smokes on a large enough scale that it will actually matter or be a problem.

Prohibition works on lots of things, see this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs notice how the only ones that people actually are willing to risk jail time for are ones with incredibly powerful biological effects?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Aren't tons of smokers also poor?

It seems intuitive to believe that.
    I don't know any poor people who buy smokes outside of reservations. 8.50$ a pack is hardly affordable...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Does not change the fact that it effects others, which the person I replied attempted to claim it does not. Now go be an argumentative twit somewhere else.
    You sir, are the twit. Your argument was bad. I showed that, now go play with your action figures kiddo.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 12:34 AM.