Thread: The Division

Im actually surprised those two didn't get infractions for baiting/flaming.

OT: Any new exploits found today?

Deleted
    Yes, the one I posted earlier and yesterday's or the day before was that Protection against Elites won't reduce your damage, but increase it :O. Not sure if I/somone posted that already.

edit: ah, seems like we had the protection against elite discussion already, nevermind.

So it's just unlimited ammo and some neat sheet DPS stacking today. Tune in again tomorrow.

Oh and maybe someone didn't know it yet, but scavenging will only increase the chance to drop blue/purps from *normal* mobs, this means it doesn't affect named mobs, loot crates, or DZ-chests etc.
    In other words, it's the most useless stat in the whole game.

edit: with the exception of Protection against Elites of course, haha.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-04-25 at 10:16 PM.

That's actually...horrible that scavenging is only for blues/purps....Wow...looks like I am going to be recalibrating out of that and get rid of mods that have it...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post

Well you can still cheese the Incursion via out of map methods, despite all the hotfixes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWPwL48YGVg

A little more involved and has some danger to it for one player, but the rest can DPS safely without issue and negate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Well you can still cheese the Incursion via out of map methods, despite all the hotfixes:

A little more involved and has some danger to it for one player, but the rest can DPS safely without issue and negate everything.
    They need to just bring the incursion down until they can properly fix it.

That's actually...horrible that scavenging is only for blues/purps....Wow...looks like I am going to be recalibrating out of that and get rid of mods that have it...
    wait really?...does it effect picking up gold crafting mats from bags maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    wait really?...does it effect picking up gold crafting mats from bags maybe?
    Look the post from @KrayZee.

thats such a joke lol, so many dumb stats in this game...oh well guess im never picking that stat lol

Nope, just the people actually talking about the game and then telling those two off because of their fanboying/trolling. You know, typical MMO Champ bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I logged on today just to see how much stuff I could actually find that was broken. It was hilarious to say the least. From stats and talents not working correctly, to missions not starting, to seeing everyone still wanting to exploit anything and everything they can, and everyone in the DZ still one shotting each other........the game is in piss poor shape. It's so sad, because I feel like this game had a lot of potential. Instead we got an inexperienced and inept developer that's sinking this game faster than the Titanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post

Wow... all that trouble, I wonder how long they need to clear it like that, he said it's "much quicker too" I can't imagine that this is possible if they do it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Wow... all that trouble, I wonder how long they need to clear it like that, he said it's "much quicker too" I can't imagine that this is possible if they do it like that.
    In practice it is easier than in demonstration.

Essentially,
    Have 1 guy glitch in and get through the wall behind the APC.
    Have other players at the 'Outside of the Map' position.
    Have 1 player begin the event, then join the others.
    Kill enemies until bomb shows up.
    Player inside grabs bomb, places it, and gets back in position.

Repeat until victory.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Ya but how fast can you kill these NPCs? You have to wait until they show up near the APC, don't you?

Or how are they able to kill from outside the map.

7+ Year Old Account

awesome /10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but how fast can you kill these NPCs? You have to wait until they show up near the APC, don't you?

Or how are they able to kill from outside the map.
    You can kill them from outside the map. If you use the ladder trick and get up the street to the gray wall (where we did the sticky bomb trick) you can snipe out the NPC's. It's actually not bad since you can snip them, which is faster than using an SMG. Just gotta use the Pulse with extended range to get the whole room pulsed.

There are a few things that can go wrong which make this a pain in the ass at time. Sometimes NPCs can get through the wall behind the APC, killing the guy who runs the C4. Also, sometimes the C4 is carried by a sniper who is on the upper level of the arena. This can make it risky for the C4 guy to get up there, and back down without getting killed.

It is best to have the C4 runner to spec as a tank. The guy they had in the video had like 180k HP's and max armor. He hardly was at risk at any time.

What I find crazy is how people find the glitch and then figure out how much effort it is to use it and how to exploit, etc.

Meanwhile, my friends and I are just playing the game as it appears you're meant to, without trying to find ways to cheat the level, and still having fun. I think the problem is people are looking for the fastest way to flap their epeen instead of playing a game for the enjoyment of playing a game.

Granted, my friend became a floor shark when she fell through the world, so that annoyed her, but otherwise we had fun last night doing the daily missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What I find crazy is how people find the glitch and then figure out how much effort it is to use it and how to exploit, etc.

Meanwhile, my friends and I are just playing the game as it appears you're meant to, without trying to find ways to cheat the level, and still having fun. I think the problem is people are looking for the fastest way to flap their epeen instead of playing a game for the enjoyment of playing a game.

Granted, my friend became a floor shark when she fell through the world, so that annoyed her, but otherwise we had fun last night doing the daily missions.
    Have you beaten the Challenge Mode yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Have you beaten the Challenge Mode yet?
    We got a slow start, so we're just up to the 2 daily hard and the 1 daily challenging.

We did take a quick peek into the lower of the two Incursions (knowing we were just barely high enough to meet recommended gear score) and got promptly stomped by both the game and my Wi-Fi revolting against me. XD

We'll try that again soon since we're all closer to 170/180ish gear score now.

And I realize that puts us further back on some of the things people are doing, and running into issues with I'm sure, but still seems it's "there's a glitch, how can we use it because there are a lot of glitches so it's their fault.... this game is no fun, it's glitchy." If you're actively pursuing glitches, looking them up, reading about them, you're doing yourself a disservice.

If you're finding them yourself and they're detrimental to the gameplay, I understand that frustration.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-26 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You can kill them from outside the map. If you use the ladder trick and get up the street to the gray wall (where we did the sticky bomb trick) you can snipe out the NPC's. It's actually not bad since you can snip them, which is faster than using an SMG. Just gotta use the Pulse with extended range to get the whole room pulsed.

There are a few things that can go wrong which make this a pain in the ass at time. Sometimes NPCs can get through the wall behind the APC, killing the guy who runs the C4. Also, sometimes the C4 is carried by a sniper who is on the upper level of the arena. This can make it risky for the C4 guy to get up there, and back down without getting killed.

It is best to have the C4 runner to spec as a tank. The guy they had in the video had like 180k HP's and max armor. He hardly was at risk at any time.

when you say from outside the map, you don't actually see the enemies, right? And can you cover the whole room?

10+ Year Old Account
    when you say from outside the map, you don't actually see the enemies, right? And can you cover the whole room?
    You can see them as a red silhouette from the pulse. Funny enough, when they run out of their doors, they kinda all congregate in one place and are pretty easy to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    We got a slow start, so we're just up to the 2 daily hard and the 1 daily challenging.

We did take a quick peek into the lower of the two Incursions (knowing we were just barely high enough to meet recommended gear score) and got promptly stomped by both the game and my Wi-Fi revolting against me. XD

We'll try that again soon since we're all closer to 170/180ish gear score now.

And I realize that puts us further back on some of the things people are doing, and running into issues with I'm sure, but still seems it's "there's a glitch, how can we use it because there are a lot of glitches so it's their fault.... this game is no fun, it's glitchy." If you're actively pursuing glitches, looking them up, reading about them, you're doing yourself a disservice.

If you're finding them yourself and they're detrimental to the gameplay, I understand that frustration.
    I can't speak for everyone one, but the reason I pursued Exploits for the Incursion, was because it is WAY overtuned for the listed requirements.

Hard Mode says 140GS. As you said, you don't want to mess with it until you are around 170/180. When I was 170ish, I was getting wrecked in there. That is 30GS above the recommendation! I should have had a fair chance, but I was getting rag dolled in there. Now at 206, I still get hurt real bad if I am careless. I am 64GS above the recommendation, and still can get beat up real bad in there.

Now check this..Challenge Mode requires you to be GS160, and the enemies are twice as hard, if not harder than that. At 206, I stand absolutely no chance in there at all.

This is why people like myself have exploited. So we can gear up to have a fair shot at completing the content without having to exploit it.

Pre-incursion missions, are so far below the difficulty curve compared to the incursions that it doesn't even make sense.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2016-04-26 at 06:23 PM.