Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You think you know what the term "sample size" means, but you don't.

Resorting to semantics are we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Then we're three. Not subscribed right now, first time in almost 8 years.
    I'm almost at the same situation. I unsubbed for the 1st time in more than 9 years two months after HFC came out, now I'm only renewing it for a month at a time using gold because I still enjoy the occasional casual raiding (and drunken raid night every now and again, awesome!) with some of the people I've been playing this game with from the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Resorting to semantics are we?
    You spew random terms without knowing what they mean. I call you out on it. Yes, I'm "resorting to semantics".

On a semi-related note, random internet poll or petition on teh internets is not a representative sample of anything. You may of course reach deep into your ass and conjure a 4x or 8x or 16x multiplier for the number of "actual, srsly legit for real this time, guys!" people that you believe would pay for vanilla, based on the petition. The source is still, however, your ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    And what happens when Blizzard says, 250k isn't enough of a want for these servers? That would be catering to the, what, 250k from 100 million overall accounts is... 0.25% of players?
    250k if you assume is merely the number of names in the petition which in no way reflects to the possible sub count. Jagex had barely 45k in their petition and passed it through, afterwards making an official poll that had 450k votes, having up to 2.5mil members after a year or so. For Blizzard all it comes down to is swallowing their pride and admit they have gone downhill with WoW over the years.. They could make bank with a small dev team, but do they care enough is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You spew random terms without knowing what they mean. I call you out on it. Yes, I'm "resorting to semantics".

On a semi-related note, random internet poll or petition on teh internets is not a representative sample of anything. You may of course reach deep into your ass and conjure a 4x or 8x or 16x multiplier for the number of "actual, srsly legit for real this time, guys!" people that you believe would pay for vanilla, based on the petition. The source is still, however, your ass.
    Or maybe you should look for the point I was making instead of seeing if my i's are dotted. Some of us are capable of a little abstract thought. But that wouldn't let you try to dismiss credibility by implying someone doesn't know what a simple concept like a fucking sample size is now would it? It's not like my argument hinged on that term, I threw it in on the end for further clarification. GL in your high school stats class though.

And your source is....non-existent. Because you havnt said shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Would you play a vanilla server? Because I find it amazing that you would give money to the company you describe here.
    Nothing I said there was a negative on blizzard.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-04-26 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open letter video is now being handed to Sodapoppins, according to Mark Kern. Should be uploaded soon.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/724757361642983424
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Open letter video is now being handed to Sodapoppins, according to Mark Kern. Should be uploaded soon.

What happened to him handing the petition to Morhaime? Or is that still going to happen

What happened to him handing the petition to Morhaime? Or is that still going to happen
    Still going to happen afaik.

Deleted
    How the actual fuck is this still going on?

I think people are blowing this online petition way out of proportion to be honest. All they actually have to do is read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Well you see when a topic comes up that sparks debate and interest then people will debate it for as long as they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Because a ton of people want this, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Honestly I know I've been arsing about here but I hope they do official servers for these people. It bears no effect on me if they do. Hell I'd probably play on an official Wrath or Cata once since that was when I was new to the game. Basically do them or don't do them is what I'm saying.

That and like 20-30 people keep talking about it here. Idk if you'd qualify that as a ton

That and like 20-30 people keep talking about it here. Idk if you'd qualify that as a ton
    There is interest for official legacy servers by a large amount of people. Whether you choose to see it or not.

I forgot the people of this thread makes up the entire population of the world. The petition have close to a quarter million signatures, and not everyone even knows about that petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    @snackfeat yeah, he's getting the paper petition tomorrow, and delivering it in the PM.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

@snackfeat yeah, he's getting the paper petition tomorrow, and delivering it in the PM.
    Just remember like I said. Don't hype it up because honestly all they have to do is take a glance at it. I'm not saying don't support it god no but just bear it in mind because in theory they could just look at the petition and then throw it in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just remember like I said. Don't hype it up because honestly all they have to do is take a glance at it. I'm not saying don't support it god no but just bear it in mind because in theory they could just look at the petition and then throw it in the trash.
    The only reason they would not do this would be their pride, not wanting to admit that a lot of people would rather play a 12 year old version of their game. But honestly I still feel like it would be stupid of them to decline it at this point, with the uproar for it getting so big, and with so many people wanting it surely it would be profitable, coupled with the all time low sub count since 2006(?).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason they would not do this would be their pride, not wanting to admit that a lot of people would rather play a 12 year old version of their game. But honestly I still feel like it would be stupid of them to decline it at this point, with the uproar for it getting so big, and with so many people wanting it surely it would be profitable, coupled with the all time low sub count since 2006(?).
    To be honest, it's not even a matter of pride. The two games are so different now that it's almost wrong to call them the same. With WoD, WoW became WoW 2. They target two different demographic with two different core gameplay. If marketing is bright, that's what they should publicize.
    Google Diversity Memo

I think it would be. Because yes you would lose money early on but the initial burst interest would gather it back, especially if you put a secondary charge on playing those servers on top of a sub.