Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The only reason they would not do this would be their pride, not wanting to admit that a lot of people would rather play a 12 year old version of their game. But honestly I still feel like it would be stupid of them to decline it at this point, with the uproar for it getting so big, and with so many people wanting it surely it would be profitable, coupled with the all time low sub count since 2006(?).
    Problem is that this is a little premature. Having those servers while retail is still coming out with expansions will only hurt both retail and the legacy servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just remember like I said. Don't hype it up because honestly all they have to do is take a glance at it. I'm not saying don't support it god no but just bear it in mind because in theory they could just look at the petition and then throw it in the trash.
    Blizzard would be a fool to not release legacy servers, just about every single popular wow streamer past and present are for vanilla servers, even summit1g who is usually a csgo streamer said himself he would play on legacy servers. if blizzard released vanilla servers tons of the highly popular streamers would return and would play and stream it and thus generate more customers for blizzard, they would have to be absolute fools just wipe this issue under the table and forget about it.

Names like reckful, sodapoppin, kungen, kripparian, summit1g, all of these are big streamers attract upwards of 30k viewers

If Legion doesn't come out until august who is going to play wow until then? die hard casual's, that's who. when the real players are waiting for the true WoW vanilla Experience.

Legacy servers are the perfect answer to large content droughts and keep people playing and interested in the game for large amounts of
    time, mainly because of how attached you get to your character because of the time you spend with it, leveling, gearing it, and the friends You make along the way.

It will keep people subbed to the game even if the legion is an absolute disaster.

Legacy servers would be a blessing to wow and if they simply dismiss it saying there is not enough interest them i'm afraid to say i will never buy another blizzard product again. after 11 years of buying blizzard games and supporting the company.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-04-26 at 01:13 AM.

I forgot the people of this thread makes up the entire population of the world. The petition have close to a quarter million signatures, and not everyone even knows about that petition.
    You're right. I assumed the original quote had meant why was this thread still going but read it however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Blizzard would be a fool to not release legacy servers, just about every single popular wow streamer past and present are for vanilla servers, even summit1g who is usually a csgo streamer said himself he would play on legacy servers. if blizzard released vanilla servers tons of the highly popular streamers would return and would play and stream it and thus generate more customers for blizzard, they would have to be absolute fools just wipe this issue under the table and forget about it.

Names like reckful, sodapoppin, kungen, kripparian, summit1g, all of these are big streamers and attack upwards of 30k viewers

If Legion doesn't come out until august who is going to play wow until then? die hard casuals, that's who, when the real players are waiting for the true WoW Experience.

Legacy servers are the perfect answer to large content droughts and keep people playing and interested in the game for large amounts of not.

Mainly because of how attached you get to your character because of the time you spend with it, leveling, gearing it, and the friends You make along the way.

Legacy servers would be a blessing to wow and if they simply dismiss it saying there is not enough interest them i'm afraid to say i will never buy another blizzard product again. after 11 years of buying blizzard games and supporting the company.
    To be fair, even if legacy servers are gonna happen, there's just about 0 chance that it will be out before legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Problem is that this is a little premature. Having those servers while retail is still coming out with expansions will only hurt both retail and the legacy servers.
    Isnt selling a product in multiple versions a good marketing move? Especially since poeple would argue wich is the better WoW forever, remembering the marketing campaign from Twix there:

Imo it would just generate more publicity for WoW in general, definetly more than hurting retail by confusing new players or something like that.

To be fair, even if legacy servers are gonna happen, there's just about 0 chance that it will be out before legion.
    I'm pretty sure this is how we lose

1) content
    2) raid tiers
    3) karabor/spire as faction capitals
    4) dance studio
    5) path of titans
    6) titan
    etc.

Deleted
    If they are going to do it, they need to do it before legion releases, to populate the servers and begin to form community's and guilds, if they do it after legion releases they are basically saying, yes we have failed again so here are your legacy servers, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

1) content
    2) raid tiers
    4) dance studio
    5) path of titans
    6) titan
    etc.
    Oh come on Dance Studio was a fucking joke so take that one out. Path of Titans also had really no development on it whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh come on Dance Studio was a fucking joke so take that one out. Path of Titans also had really no development on it whatsoever.
    Dance Studio was something that people wanted for a while, they teased and never put in giving excuses to its delay, even going as far as to jab about it in WoD.

Path of Titans had a bit of development, they just didn't know how to execute it so they gave up on it.

Aerial Combat was advertised on the WOLK physical box copy, where's that one?

Farahlon for WoD, I believe they also mentioned the ogre lands or something.

We were supposed to be dealing with N'zoth in Cataclysm. Firelands and the Underwater raid were slated for a 4.1 release but they decided to rehash ZG and ZA, I mean ZA had the SAME BOSS FIGHTS even. They later cancelled the underwater raid and we're supposedly seeing that resolved (Ozumat and Neptulon) three expansions later. Whether or not this is fact is up in the air. We may not even see this too given it's Blizzard.

I mean come on, it should have been a red flag also in Legion when not even 24 hours after their presentation they were already cutting content. Know those islands that are now in a content patch? Yeah they said those were going to be stock release initially before deciding they could save it for a "content patch". Basically Tanaan Jungle 2.0.

Want more? I've got 12 years or so of playing this game and a photographic memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

1) content
    2) raid tiers
    4) dance studio
    5) path of titans
    6) titan
    etc.
    Pretty interesting theory that those were lost due to Legacy Servers..
    Yet, at the time, I didn't see you and the pitchforks back when those got actually canceled and rallying against the actual cause..

I always assumed dance studio was a dumb joke. I mean talk about a waste of resources..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I honestly don't think so. If they included the ability to play on legacy servers with the current subscription (i.e not split them into two different subs), then I would definitely bounce between the two. I'm also 100% sure that I wouldn't be the only one. If anything, and this is just my opinion, legacy servers could bring Blizzard back up to some pretty high sub numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Dance Studio was something that people wanted for a while, they teased and never put in giving excuses to its delay, even going as far as to jab about it in WoD.

Path of Titans had a bit of development, they just didn't know how to execute it so they gave up on it.

Aerial Combat was advertised on the WOLK physical box copy, where's that one?

Farahlon for WoD, I believe they also mentioned the ogre lands or something.

We were supposed to be dealing with N'zoth in Cataclysm. Firelands and the Underwater raid were slated for a 4.1 release but they decided to rehash ZG and ZA, I mean ZA had the SAME BOSS FIGHTS even. They later cancelled the underwater raid and we're supposedly seeing that resolved (Ozumat and Neptulon) three expansions later. Whether or not this is fact is up in the air. We may not even see this too given it's Blizzard.

I mean come on, it should have been a red flag also in Legion when not even 24 hours after their presentation they were already cutting content. Know those islands that are now in a content patch? Yeah they said those were going to be stock release initially before deciding they could save it for a "content patch". Basically Tanaan Jungle 2.0.

Want more? I've got 12 years or so of playing this game and a photographic memory.
    Dance Studio probably would have been one of the most useless features of the game, I don't even remember last time I typed /dance..
    Aerial Combat just doesn't work well in wow's engine, and I believe this was confirmed to be the reason why they scrapped that.

The rest would have been nice to have though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    I honestly don't think so. If they included the ability to play on legacy servers with the current subscription (i.e not split them into two different subs), then I would definitely bounce between the two. I'm also 100% sure that I wouldn't be the only one. If anything, and this is just my opinion, legacy servers could bring Blizzard back up to some pretty high sub numbers again.
    That's what I think too. The only thing I would be afraid of is people from each servers accusing each others of cannibalizing resources - even though that wouldn't be true - just because they share same subscription. But then again that's the least of our issues.

Going to bed, video should be up tomorrow. Hopefully official word will be released along with it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh we know for a fact it would. Everything you can see or even with just common sense indicates this to be fact. Though that doesn't stop Blizzard white knights from thinking that legacy servers would somehow negatively impact WoW.

Clearly it's a much better cause to scream things like "#NOFLIGHTNOSUB" when such an insignificant and crippling game feature is removed than to actually tackle the real issues. Anyone with a brain knows that WoW is nowhere near where it could, or should be at right now. Hell, as someone who actually got to see Quel'danas in its glory, Tanaan Jungle straight pissed me off because I know what Blizzard is capable of.

It's like when you have a student that is just brilliant but the amount of effort or intelligence they're willing to show you is C grade at best. It's just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Pretty interesting theory that those were lost due to Legacy Servers..
    Yet, at the time, I didn't see you and the pitchforks back when those got actually canceled and rallying against the actual cause..
    That was a jab at all the people that say stuff like "XXX is the reason we lost a raid tier"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Oh we know for a fact it would. Everything you can see or even with just common sense indicates this to be fact. Though that doesn't stop Blizzard white knights from thinking that legacy servers would somehow negatively impact WoW.

Clearly it's a much better cause to scream things like "#NOFLIGHTNOSUB" when such an insignificant and crippling game feature is removed than to actually tackle the real issues. Anyone with a brain knows that WoW is nowhere near where it could, or should be at right now. Hell, as someone who actually got to see Quel'danas in its glory, Tanaan Jungle straight pissed me off because I know what Blizzard is capable of.

It's like when you have a student that is just brilliant but the amount of effort or intelligence they're willing to show you is C grade at best. It's just the worst.
    While I agree with what you're saying, let's not devolve into insulting people who disagree with our stance. There's way too much hostility and miscommunication on both sides of this, and we don't need to add to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dance Studio probably would have been one of the most useless features of the game, I don't even remember last time I typed /dance..
    Aerial Combat just doesn't work well in wow's engine, and I believe this was confirmed to be the reason why they scrapped that.

The rest would have been nice to have though.
    Blizzard has far more useless features in game. I'm not trying to act like this would have saved WoW but I'm merely pointing out Blizzard has said a lot of features they never came through on then said basically nothing. Also, the aerial combat was cancelled for good reason I am aware, you ever done the quest in the goblin zone? Fact of the matter though it wasn't communicated at all until far after the fact.

My point was there's a SHIT TON of things Blizzard has not came through on which I can understand. Though to say Legacy servers would somehow detract from content people get like some suggest is a joke. I'd even go as far as to ask "What more could we take away that Blizzard already hasn't and will give you in a content patch?" Dunno, I have this weird image in my head of when animals get overly protective over very small amounts of water as if it'll vanish if they don't look at it for a second.

I'm for legacy servers but it's not hard to see how legacy servers could hurt retail. It's the same idea as why 2 prime time events aren't scheduled on the same night. Like if say the Grammys and the Superbowl were on at the same time. You think ones not gonna detract from the other?

Say 35% of WoW players are on Vanilla at a point in time, that's 35% less people in queues and pugs and other activities on retail, furthering the ghost town feel some servers have.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with what you're saying, let's not devolve into insulting people who disagree with our stance. There's way too much hostility and miscommunication on both sides of this, and we don't need to add to it.
    I don't insult people who disagree with my stance. I insult people being completely obtuse and childish. They just happen to disagree with my stance but the two are not correlated.

Though I've always been one to call a spade a spade. When you constantly ignore facts to the contrary and blindly scream "BLIZZARD IS RIGHT ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT!" that kind of earns you the title of "White Knight." As for the "anyone with a brain" remark, I feel it speaks for itself though it's more or less a hyperbolic figure of speech. Yet we can look at sub numbers and general opinion of WoD and see a lot of people do not like where WoW is going. I'm kind of reminded of Majora's Mask, you have this moon falling and about to destroy the world. Many people are panicking and leaving, some are like "EVERYTHING IS FINE YOU'RE ALL BEING SILLY!" despite it becomes more obvious with each passing day that demise is near.