Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    How or why is it bullshit that person doesn't like looking at a dude's butt? I don't, either, whether it's a pixel dude or real dudes.
    If you really focus on ass so much during gameplay then there is something wrong with you. Getting turned on or turned off by pixels is pathetic.

Depends on the race. I think the females look cooler for night elves, blood elves, trolls, goblins, and draenei. Most of my other characters are male.

Male because armor looks better on them.

Also because I am one.

I mainly pick female but I made an exception when it came to creating a human I created a male because the armor looks better on him.

I have toons of various genders.
    Paladin - female blood elf. Had to vanish because my old gm went nuts on me.
    Dk / hunter - male blood elf. Just cause
    Rogue - female blood elf. Just cause
    Warrior - female blood elf. Rare class / race / gender combination
    Mage - male undead. First toon. Liked the whole undead thing
    Warlock - female troll. Was trying for a max of every race. Needed trolls. Males tusks are too big for my taste.
    Druid - male tauren. Similar reason as warlock. Dont like the females.
    Monk / shaman - Female pandaren. They are adorable!
    Priest - female blood elf. Felt the male blood elf opened up to too many jokes.

So yeah, that is why I have what I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I have many alts and I think RP before I create a character. In the end , it's 50/50 and my main is my gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    If you really focus on ass so much during gameplay then there is something wrong with you. Getting turned on or turned off by pixels is pathetic.
    I get zero sort of sensation like that regardless of the gender of whatever virtual character I'm playing...and if someone happens to, so what? There's weirder shit that turns people on, to put it mildly.

Deleted
    I am male.
    All my characters are females of various races except my male human warrior. This may have had something to do with the terrible human male models initially, but I don't know. Most of my friends are girls, they're just nicer.

My girlfriend is female.
    All her characters are female, and usually have a variation of her name. Different strokes.

I make males named Caitlyn

Deleted
    Depends on character. Usually I play female characters, but for "tankier" characters I choose big males

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly male so I can relate, but some classes I think that a gender can be really uninteresting, for example female plate classes and male dark/light casters (locks, priests) for me seems dull, specially if they are human-like races (gnomes, dwarves, elves). I would totally roll a female draenei warrior or a male worgen lock, they doesn't seems "real" by any means anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just choose whatever I think armour/weapons/animations looks best on.

Quote Originally Posted by zakarikz View Post
    When choosing your character do you choose male/female because of your own gender or is for other reasons?
    I started running Male and now I only run Female. If I run Male now it is an alt. I prefer to stare at a virtual women's bottom than a mans. Some gamers will even assist me thinking I am a true women. Yep.
    - Nom Nom

Always picked female chars since I started early BC, but I made a male on last week. Mainly because of my gender but also because I think they generally look better

Quote Originally Posted by zakarikz View Post
    When choosing your character do you choose male/female because of your own gender or is for other reasons?
    I play male characters unless there's a compelling reason not too.

My first char was a male human paladin, played him for 3 years, the next like 30 chars I made till today were all female and more precisely either human, draenei or nightelf as I am only playing alliance and literally all male races there look like trash and have stupid animations(my opinion). I even gender changed my male pala later on. If I played horde though I would prefer male orcs, tauren, undead and troll over their female counterpart.

I have about a 50/50 mix. Most melee are women... healers are men... casters are split. The animations and background stories for each play a part in the decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance
    Human - Both
    Dwarf - Male
    Draenei - Both
    Worgen - Male
    Night Elf - Female
    Gnome - Female

Horde
    Blood Elf - Both
    Troll - Both
    Orc - Male
    Undead- Female
    Tauren - Male
    Goblin - Both

Pandaren - Both

I like to think that when it comes to gender I play a good mix. I am a dude IRL but I go with the model/gender that I think goes better with that class when I make it to be honest. Until recently my main which is my Paladin was a female and had been for years till I swapped it to a male because I think armor would look better especially big hulking plate shoulders, that and I never played retribution at all except for leveling so the whole slimmer model of the female fit for being a caster because casters IMO shouldn't be as buff as a 6'6 male who can bench 600 pounds as their not physical classes so would have no need to train for the raw strength needed to swing a massive axe.

But yeah normally I think to myself what armor would looks best on that class like if it is a caster then I would tend to go female for casters and male for physical because robes look better on slimmer models and casters IMO shouldn't have massive muscles because they wouldn't train for them because they don't need them where as physical classes do. Melee classes I tend to go a male unless I am playing a class like a rogue who needs to be small and stealthy which fits females better because there is nothing worse than someone trying to hide with 20 inch tall shoulder plates giving them away.

Honestly though if WoW had bulkier females or slimmer males I would quite like that because I could then play whatever race and gender mix I wanted as they would all fit my class fantasies more. If I ever wanted to play a Female Human or Female Blood Elf which is really buff which would be good for a melee or if I wanted to play a male caster I would like to be able to play one that is slimmer as that fits my caster fantasy better you currently cant. Sadly WoW doesn't allow that level of customization so yeah.
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2016-04-26 at 06:10 PM.

Pretty much all my toons are female. I'm a woman, but I do often play male characters in other games so that isn't the only reason - I think in WoW it has more to do with the majority of female models (at least for Alliance) just looking better and not being crazy oversized like their male counterparts. Male humans, draenei and nelfs look ridiculously huge compared to the females.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly play male, I identify better with my character then. Note this is only for games where I create my own character, in games that have a defined/established character (Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge) I really don't mind playing a female lead.