Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where does it imply we're gonna face N'Zoth this expac? Because of flavor text from Shadow Priest artifact weapon? Shame shame shame for silly assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Where does it imply we're gonna face N'Zoth this expac? Because of flavor text from Shadow Priest artifact weapon? Shame shame shame for silly assumptions.
    Not just that, there's also major confrontations with some of N'Zoth's strongest servants (the naga and the Emerald Nightmare) plus the fact that N'Zoth's the last of the Old Gods and their purpose ties in pretty closely with the reason that the Legion and Sargeras are targeting Azeroth. Also N'Zoth's prison is very close to the Broken Isles - some people think it may actually be underwater and will rise up during a patch, to become the landmass Thal'Danath which was previewed on an early Legion concept map.

No one's making any guarantees, but these assumptions aren't really that wild. They're startin' to pile up.

What ever happened to the idea that we only destroyed the shells of the old gods and that they were not truly dead? I remember that being quite common thinking a few years ago but can't pinpoint what changed that to them being dead and gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

wait wait if we have 4 old gods now, 3 dead 1 alive. umm the last one is under Trisfal Glades? Something was wrong with those lands if I remember correct, blood elves going crazy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Not just that, there's also major confrontations with some of N'Zoth's strongest servants (the naga and the Emerald Nightmare) plus the fact that N'Zoth's the last of the Old Gods and their purpose ties in pretty closely with the reason that the Legion and Sargeras are targeting Azeroth. Also N'Zoth's prison is very close to the Broken Isles - some people think it may actually be underwater and will rise up during a patch, to become the landmass Thal'Danath which was previewed on an early Legion concept map.

No one's making any guarantees, but these assumptions aren't really that wild. They're startin' to pile up.
    If I do fight n'zoth in legion, then it saves me from a fucking naga expac. Fuck the ocean man. I hate that shit! Everytime i'm down there, i feel like there's going to be something with 1000 million eyes with 1 gigantic sharped smile looking at me. And it's just that...with no face...in the blue.

I was afraid that something afflicted with n'zoth might scare me to shit. There are millions of eyes, 1 gigantic bloody red smile the size of 100 boats, and a voice that even the deep web people can say..."WTF!" at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    wait wait if we have 4 old gods now, 3 dead 1 alive. umm the last one is under Trisfal Glades? Something was wrong with those lands if I remember correct, blood elves going crazy etc.
    No, the thing below tirisfal is actually on old god SERVENT! Not an old god.

The real one is most likely at thal'dranath.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    All over as in every planet? I know the chronicles said they are widespread, but to the extent that the titans creations are. If you're trying to say they've taken over everything, that's a serious issue and I'm gonna need some real sauce.

dead dps is bad dps

Y'shaarj is the only one to stop the titans creations and beat them in battle. He is by far the strongest, but was plucked off the planet by Aman'thul. He didn't get a real chance to cause the type of devastation his 3 amigos did. Yogg-saron caused so much damage because of his location amongst the keepers, the mistake of planting a world tree w.o the dragon aspects protection, and the fact he was alive for so long. That alone should be a pretty big hint of N'zoths incoming devastation. Still alive, has control of everything that sunk into the ocean from the sundering, left all sorts of corruption in Dragonblight and possibly has control over a decent portion of current-northrend. Deathwing was a minion of his.

N'zoth SHOULD do the most damage simply because he's been left unchecked.
    i know someone on reddit linked this background of corrupted worlds in legion

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg6qfqEUUAEJ4oA.jpg:large

What's stopping the Void Lords from just sending more old gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    It is highly speculated that there is an Old god still slumbering under the Monastery within Northern Lordaeron, which is just an empty zone located between western and eastern plaguelands. nothing really aroused it yet, which is part of the reason that the scarlet crusade started slowly going mad, However, with that being said...Syvannis is starting to make A LOT of noise, with her war machines and all the experiments under the Undercity, we may be seeing the 5th and last Old god resurface within the next 8 expansions.

A second theory is that Anub'arak and Arthas already killed the 5th Old God during the Frozen Throne expansion of Warcraft 3, where they are fighting a creature that is named "ancient one" and has a very similar look to C'thun.

A third theory is that he is located under the eversong forest, near the capital of Tor'watha, which is why the Trolls got the hell out of there in the first place, but with the capital being removed during cataclysm that seems unlikely now.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2016-04-26 at 02:23 AM.

They've said a few times that the zone in northern lordaeron is just empty space, it was never meant to be anything. The old god presence there was never an actual old god, but one of it's high ranking members.

There is NO 5th old god, as stated by blizzard, only 4 old gods exist on Azeroth. Three are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    They've said a few times that the zone in northern lordaeron is just empty space, it was never meant to be anything. The old god presence there was never an actual old god, but one of it's high ranking members.

There is NO 5th old god, as stated by blizzard, only 4 old gods exist on Azeroth. Three are dead.
    Maybe it's a new old God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's stopping the Void Lords from just sending more old gods?
    Nothing, but the Void Lords can't see which worlds have worldsouls from their realm, so Old Gods are sent out randomly into the universe. Maybe they'll find worlds, maybe they won't. Time may be a factor - if Sargeras destroys all the worldsouls, the Void Lords will lose the possibility of manifesting in the material universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    We haven't killed Cthun nor Yogg-Saron.
    As about twenty other people already said, we have indeed. But Blizzard does whatever blizzard wants so I fully expect we will see them both again someday. And likely they'll morph with Nzoth and yshaarj(yep he will be back too) to become a mega old God. Then we will need Illidan who's became a holy angel to save us.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    So, basically, we killed 3 Old Gods, and, we are most likely going to kill N'zoth in Legion, and that way we'll cure Azeroth of all Old Gods. If we are doing just that, then why would the Legion want to destroy us? They only go for Old God infected planets, and, we'll basically cure the planet from the corruption.
    It does not matter if we clean the "infection", Sargeras plans to kill all unborn titans so that they cannot be corrupted by the Void.

Nothing, but the Void Lords can't see which worlds have worldsouls from their realm, so Old Gods are sent out randomly into the universe. Maybe they'll find worlds, maybe they won't. Time may be a factor - if Sargeras destroys all the worldsouls, the Void Lords will lose the possibility of manifesting in the material universe.
    But the chronicle already says azeroth has a titan soul somehow not getting corrupted yet by the old gods, hence why the titans did what they did here. I think it would be pretty cool to see them crash lands some more old gods to azeroth now that they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    It is highly speculated that there is an Old god still slumbering under the Monastery within Northern Lordaeron, which is just an empty zone located between western and eastern plaguelands. nothing really aroused it yet, which is part of the reason that the scarlet crusade started slowly going mad, However, with that being said...Syvannis is starting to make A LOT of noise, with her war machines and all the experiments under the Undercity, we may be seeing the 5th and last Old god resurface within the next 8 expansions.

A second theory is that Anub'arak and Arthas already killed the 5th Old God during the Frozen Throne expansion of Warcraft 3, where they are fighting a creature that is named "ancient one" and has a very similar look to C'thun.

A third theory is that he is located under the eversong forest, near the capital of Tor'watha, which is why the Trolls got the hell out of there in the first place, but with the capital being removed during cataclysm that seems unlikely now.
    There are only four Old Gods that went to Azeroth, stated directly in Chronicle. They were C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'Zoth, and Y'Shaarj. N'Zoth is the only one left, who is most likely somewhere between the Broken Isles, the Maelstrom, and Vashj'ir (based on his location shown in Chronicle, as well). The thing in Tirisfal is a C'thraxxi (Faceless General). However, there was another C'Thraxxi of equal power to the one in Tirisfal, and he was slain by the Forest Trolls in what is now Zul'Aman. They built their capital on top of it. However, both C'Thraxxi are just powerful minions. There are no other Old Gods on Azeroth, confirmed now.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    But the chronicle already says azeroth has a titan soul somehow not getting corrupted yet by the old gods, hence why the titans did what they did here. I think it would be pretty cool to see them crash lands some more old gods to azeroth now that they know.
    Who says they do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind what Aman'thul killing Y'shaarj did to Azeroth. Who's to say that our killing of C'thun and Yogg-saron, and soon N'zoth, is not inadvertently hurting the nascent Titan?
    Either way Sargeras' plan to essentially salt the earth isn't as much flawed as it is paranoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Well, here goes:

Old Gods are all ove the universe. They are pretty much countless. Created by Void Lords. Sargeras wants to destroy all life because it's better if there is nothing than for all to be corrupted by Void Lords. Source ILLIDAN novel.
    Sargeras is seeking out worlds containing nascent Titans to ensure that a Dark Titan does not rise. I'm fairly sure everything else is collateral damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think of N'Zoth as the most cunning and insidious of the Old Gods. Not the most overtly physically powerful, but the best manipulator. He got the naga and Deathwing under his control, he was directing the Emerald Nightmare after the other Old Gods were dead... he's got a lot of dogs in the fire.

Super-hoping that he winds up teaming up with us for Legion.
    What I would personally find funny is if...
    > Azshara was working with the Legion.
    > N'zoth's role was helping us undermine the Nightmare and the Naga.
    > Azshara escapes to become a T1 raidboss for the next expansion, being hunted by both N'zoth and ourselves.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The naga worship the old gods
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    But the chronicle already says azeroth has a titan soul somehow not getting corrupted yet by the old gods, hence why the titans did what they did here.
    Chronicle also says that Old Gods find worlds with worldsouls by chance - at best, they can sniff out living worlds, but there's no guarantee a world contains a worldsoul. Even the Titans have to examine a world closely in order to determine if it has a worldsoul. Azeroth's worldsoul is either particularly powerful and difficult to corrupt, or the Old Gods weren't there long enough to do much corrupting - either way, the Titans shut that down by locking them up.

I think it would be pretty cool to see them crash lands some more old gods to azeroth now that they know.
    I do too. It depends on whether or not the Void Lords even know Azeroth's precise location, and how much effort it would take them to send more Old Gods. It isn't clear how connected the Void Lords are to the creations, and whether they know how/where to send to more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    So, basically, we killed 3 Old Gods, and, we are most likely going to kill N'zoth in Legion, and that way we'll cure Azeroth of all Old Gods. If we are doing just that, then why would the Legion want to destroy us? They only go for Old God infected planets, and, we'll basically cure the planet from the corruption.
    Even a dead god can still dream. They can still affect Azeroth with their dead flesh against the sleeping Azeroth.