Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a psychic type to round things out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    I just found this today:

Very impressive work.
    I like how MissingNo was added in. (26:24 for the colour version)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ralts or Meditite or something would be nice
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I need a 6th member for my storymode ORAS team.

Sceptile, Camerupt, Swellow, Tentacruel, and Manectric.
    What do you mean by storymode team?

Tauren's idea of Ralts is good, it's really nice plus you get it super early. I've played through OR like four times fairly recently, so it's fresh on my mind. Whismur is nice and makes a great HM whore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont be suprised if there is something similar:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What do you mean by storymode team?

Tauren's idea of Ralts is good, it's really nice plus you get it super early. I've played through OR like four times fairly recently, so it's fresh on my mind. Whismur is nice and makes a great HM whore.
    I just separate the main game from competitive/battling stuff so story mode/post story mode. Only just realized I made it Mt Pyre/Aqua Base without a 6th member (non-HM slave).

I really hope they fix that shit in Sun/Moon. No one likes carrying a HM bitch. Just let me have the Pokemon, if a Pokemon can use the HM from item, just let them use it. If I want to teach the move to a Pokemon, keep it as an option. Or just combine moves. Cut/Strengh/RockSmash, Surf/Waterfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I just separate the main game from competitive/battling stuff so story mode/post story mode. Only just realized I made it Mt Pyre/Aqua Base without a 6th member (non-HM slave).

I really hope they fix that shit in Sun/Moon. No one likes carrying a HM bitch. Just let me have the Pokemon, if a Pokemon can use the HM from item, just let them use it. If I want to teach the move to a Pokemon, keep it as an option. Or just combine moves. Cut/Strengh/RockSmash, Surf/Waterfall.
    I kinda like Makuhita, with its high HP and good versus Dark. You'd have to backtrack to Dewford though.

Actually screw that, the aforementioned Meditite serves both purposes.

The HM issue is easy to solve: just let pokes use the move if they can when they need to without having learned it as a move, and you have the HM in the bag and the badge that allows its use.

I feel like HMs in itself is an outdated mechanic. The perk of having an HM in the past was that it was a TM that never ran out of uses but you needed a move deleter to get rid of it. Now though it's kinda dumb since TMs last forever.

They either need to make it so HMs can be deleted whenever (instead of wasting 2 minutes at the move deleter) or give pokemon a "5th move" that can't be accessed in battle that fits any move that is used to interact with the world. Like surf, secret power, etc
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

and make HMs better (or give them an extra effect)
    besides surf and fly I rarley use the other HMs in battles

10+ Year Old Account
    Waterfall and Strength are useful, too. But everything else is butt.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice if they made Cut a grass type move, like BlazeBlack/VoltWhite did.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Waterfall is a good physical water move, and there aren't too many of those. Scald has replaced Surf atleast in singles. 10 lower BP means nothing when it has the 30% burn chance.

Strenght is usable move in playthrough, but competively anything that could really benefit from physical Normal STAB, can also learn Return which will have 102 BP. Maximizing friendship is easy.

Fire Red Nuzlocke Update:

Vehemently vaporized the Viridian gym. Pam my Exeggcutor carries this playthough taking 0 damage even from power attacks like Thrash from Nidoking and Slash from Dugtrio. Let Ursula my Tentactruel shine a bit in the gym too, but it was mostly Pam, winning me the Earthbadge and TM 26, Earthquake....

Which brings me to my question, is/are there tm/s that you know just from the number alone? For example, I know TM 13 is Ice Beam and TM 26 is Earthquake in every generation of games

I doubt they will stop with HMs in SuMo. They keep terrible things like HMs and overly complicated things like IVs in the game or allow the GTS to remain mediocre for 9 years. Meanwhile they add and then remove great QoL improvements like a toggleable run button, gen 5's free space and item registery.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice beam is the only one I know immediately. Lucky you though, getting an Execute from the annoying ass gen 1 safari zone.

Ice beam is the only one I know immediately. Lucky you though, getting an Execute from the annoying ass gen 1 safari zone.
    I actually used the safari zone rule modification according to Bulbapedia:
    "Modifying the "first encounter only" rule for the Safari Zone, sometimes allowing one encounter for each area, or until they catch one Pokémon in the entire area, and vice versa."

I chose to go with the latter because I like variety in my playthroughs and trying to catch shit in the Safari Zone is hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I actually used the safari zone rule modification according to Bulbapedia:
    "Modifying the "first encounter only" rule for the Safari Zone, sometimes allowing one encounter for each area, or until they catch one Pokémon in the entire area, and vice versa."

I chose to go with the latter because I like variety in my playthroughs and trying to catch shit in the Safari Zone is hell
    I can go with that. I know TFS used the "one encounter per area" rule, but I've seen "one encounter the whole time" rule which sucks because even catching a pokemon there is really random. I haven't done a gen 1 nuzlocke yet, I think it would require more time put in than easy mode OR nuzlocke.

I can go with that. I know TFS used the "one encounter per area" rule, but I've seen "one encounter the whole time" rule which sucks because even catching a pokemon there is really random. I haven't done a gen 1 nuzlocke yet, I think it would require more time put in than easy mode OR nuzlocke.
    Ya, the different areas of the Safari Zone have different encounter lists, so I think it is fine to count them as separate areas.

Also, fun fact about FR/LG, these are the only games where Clefairy can learn Soft-boiled (from the move tutor) so I may do that after beating the game, teach a clefairy sof-boiled and transfer it all the way to gen 6 to use as an op Clefable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ya, the different areas of the Safari Zone have different encounter lists, so I think it is fine to count them as separate areas.

Also, fun fact about FR/LG, these are the only games where Clefairy can learn Soft-boiled (from the move tutor) so I may do that after beating the game, teach a clefairy sof-boiled and transfer it all the way to gen 6 to use as an op Clefable
    What makes it OP? Clefairy already learns Moonlight which is a heal as well.

What makes it OP? Clefairy already learns Moonlight which is a heal as well.
    Soft Boiled has more pp and doesn't have reduced effect in certain weather so it is more reliable