Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Yes but miss Martha Jones was at least attractive and i have nothing against color can be Chinies or native american for all i care but just not this abomination.
    why even mention her race then?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ace was a brilliant companion. It's a shame they never really closed our her story arc. McCoy was one of my favourite doctors, despite the fact he didn't have the best scripts to work with.

I don't understand why people feel the need to rag on a companion for their looks. So what if the actor isn't incredibly attractive? I'm not going to be dating them. What I care about is that the character is well written and works within the confines of the series. It's way too early to judge on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I don't understand why people feel the need to rag on a companion for their looks. So what if the actor isn't incredibly attractive? I'm not going to be dating them. What I care about is that the character is well written and works within the confines of the series. It's way too early to judge on that front.
    They want fap material I guess? I'm with you. It doesn't matter what they look like as long as the chemistry (not romantic) with the Doctor is good.

I saw the name of the companion first and I was hoping we'd be getting a full fledged male companion for the first time in NuWho.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Ace was a brilliant companion. It's a shame they never really closed our her story arc. McCoy was one of my favourite doctors, despite the fact he didn't have the best scripts to work with.

its mostly an american thing, shes not ugly, but shes very average. you dont often see average people on tv in america, especially not women unless they happen to be comedians.

the uk television market is less ad obsessed and actors make less money so its more talent driven.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why even mention her race then?
    Well I don't know why that person did it specifically, but I think the overall feeling of 'wha?' is because it feels like the BBC is pandering with the casting choice. It's like, they can't actually break the mold from having a young female, so let's make her not white and give her a masculine name. Yeah! That's progressive! No one will see this coming!

It's just disappointing. But the Beebs gonna Beeb.
    BAD WOLF

i keep trying to figure out what bill is short for.

elizabeth maybe?

belinda?

maybe her dad wanted a boy

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Billie, as in Billie Piper. Or would that be too on the nose for them? Maybe the Doctor calls her Bill, but that's not really her name. If she really does come from the 80's, it's probably just a nickname. I imagine they'll do some weird reference to the Doctor's hidden name. That sounds expected given Moffat's last season.
    BAD WOLF

elizabeth maybe?

belinda?

maybe her dad wanted a boy
    In another old-ish BBC show, "2point4 Children", "Bill" was short for Belinda. Wouldn't be surprised to the see the same.

Any female derivation of WIlliam, like Wilhemina, could be shortened to Bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but miss Martha Jones was at least attractive and i have nothing against color can be Chinies or native american for all i care but just not this abomination.
    So you thought Donna, the older, less attractive companion, was the worst companion of nuWho then? Cause then we'd know you're full of shit, cause she was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Any female derivation of WIlliam, like Wilhemina, could be shortened to Bill.

- - - Updated - - -

So you thought Donna, the older, less attractive companion, was the worst companion of nuWho then? Cause then we'd know you're full of shit, cause she was awesome.
    Donna was awsome its hands down the best companion the doctor has had since the reboot.
    She wasn't pretty or anything but she had flare.
    This one has nothing hands down looks like amoeba.

Donna was awsome its hands down the best companion the doctor has had since the reboot.
    She wasn't pretty or anything but she had flare.
    This one has nothing hands down looks like amoeba.
    You've literally seen her in one teaser, and that's it.

when donna was revealed she was just a lady in a dress screaming and everyone hated her, that was before she even became a companion

10+ Year Old Account
    Just putting this out there, but on acting chops alone this lady has the potential to be great. She's done a LOT of work on stage and is a freakin acting coach....

I think we need to wait until at least the Christmas special before we can judge, but even then her arc could be awesome, like Donna's.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just putting this out there, but on acting chops alone this lady has the potential to be great. She's done a LOT of work on stage and is a freakin acting coach....

I think we need to wait until at least the Christmas special before we can judge, but even then her arc could be awesome, like Donna's.
    is she even in the christmas special?

I am not happy.

Seriously. Pearl Mackie asBill? Where's the space?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    And the time?
    Oh, hi.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Wishlist for the new companion:

Needs to have her own life, friends, family and etc. We pretty much missed this with Clara, while some people may say she did have a family at the Christmas episode...did she really? Besides that when have they shown up in her life? How have they effected Clara's adventures with the Doctor? I feel like if Clara would just simply disappear no one would have ever cared or the Earth would not have even changed. This was done very well with Donna, she had a life even without the doctor, and also done with all over the other new companions.

Have the companions take a back seat. I am tired of Clara solving all the problems, or even screwing everything up.

Have the companion be the window for the viewers, not the Doctor. The audience should understand the companion, they should our window into the doctor's life, not the doctor himself.

Why do we even have to have one companion? We could have multiples.

Needs to have a platonic relationship with the Doctor.

Needs to not be special, needs to be an average human.

Level head on her shoulder. There should be a clear difference from her not always willing to take risky situations like Clara would have.

You guys have your own? Agree disagree?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    I am not happy.

[IMG]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640xn/p03rz7xz.jpg[/ IMG]

Too late, I complained about that ages ago

@apepi my only "complaint" about your list is you seem to only leave place for female companion(s)
    Last edited by Rixis; 2016-04-26 at 08:19 AM.

I miss Rose (Billie Piper) bring her back.

Deleted
    She was already brought back in season 4 and the 50th anniversary.
    It's time to move on.