Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Oh, you're asking why people currently buy illegal cigarettes? So they can buy one at a time; because the sellers stole them or smuggled them in and sell them tax free for 1/4 the price; and who knows why else.
    seems odd why don't the companies just sell single packages?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    No idea. I don't smoke so I don't pay that close of attention to this. I'd guess because of either some market analysis that says they'll sell more if they don't sell singles, or government regulations. I've got no clue though.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Actually, many people who buy "illegal" cigarettes, buy them online, often from Indian reservations, no taxes, and buy several cartons at a time, because single packs not worth shipping expense.

Poor people. Often buy one or two cigarettes at a time from illegal street sellers because they don't have the $7-8 for entire pack. Street seller sells single smokes for .50 each, and even if he paid retail, still makes a profit.

good

id rather get contact high then contact cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    No idea. I don't smoke so I don't pay that close of attention to this. I'd guess because of either some market analysis that says they'll sell more if they don't sell singles, or government regulations. I've got no clue though.
    .... Oh, and rather than pay $8/pack, and to avoid hefty taxes, many smokers nowadays make their own smokes.

All you need is to buy a pound of tobacco, a box of filtered cigarette tubes, and an injector machine, that shoots the tobacco right into the premade cigarette tubes, reducing the "per pack" cost to less than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just make it so smokers forgo all forms of public medical coverage and aid.

I am all for people smoking if they want to, just don't expect disability/medicare to cover you when you have to quit working due to your lungs getting fucked or whatever cancer you develop as a result.

The fact that insurance, medicare, medicaid covers anything with regard to smoking related illnesses astounds me... Paying for the treatment of people who willingly poisoned themselves... Fuck that.
    Ok we can do that, BUT lets include morbidly obese people on that list as well

Bernie sanders is a lie the only thing he wants is a racially homogeneous america
    ie: Hes a jew = only jews allowed

He should ban guns.

Pfffft haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    first
    I want to point out the ignorance of Sanders not knowing the vast majority of those that smoke are the poor
    so a cigarette tax would exclusively hurt the poor more so unlike a soda tax that would effect all because everyone rich and poor drinks soda

I have no doubts more taxes would hurt the poor more, yes

second
    how can a person that wants to make marijuana legal but make cigarettes illegal for health reasons when pot is much worse for you health then cigarettes when it comes to putting pollutants into your lungs

wrong. Not only is it more safe, but it is not addictive like tobacco. Do a bit more research

third and last point
    for a man railing against the war on drugs why would he want to add another drug to the list to be at war with?
    I...have no idea about this xD

Who cares what smokers think. they are literally a dying segment of the population so to speak the numbers of smokers are going down steadily and for good reasons.

Just keep it legal and tax the fucking shit out of it. the taxes on it are nowhere near high enough a pack should cost well over 10 dollars and right now it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Who cares what smokers think. they are literally a dying segment of the population so to speak the numbers of smokers are going down steadily and for good reasons.

Just keep it legal and tax the fucking shit out of it. the taxes on it are nowhere near high enough a pack should cost well over 10 dollars and right now it doesnt.
    That just creates a black market which would put more money in criminal gangs hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because whenever you outlaw a drug, people just stop using it, right Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic. I don't smoke either, but I have done my research, and can tell you cigarettes are far worse for you. They contain shit like candle wax, acetone, and lighter fluid, whereas marijuana is all natural.
    Well sorta. Depends on who you're buying it from.

Bernies in favor of all drugs except legal ones.

Cigarettes should be made illegal.

Its not as simple as flicking a switch, obviously, so that should be the long-term endgame with rampups like taxing it out of existence / restrictions etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    This is still going? I can't believe so many people are dumb enough to fall for Vyxn's lies. I guess congratulations are in order.
    Have to keep OT entertaining somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Yeah, because whenever you outlaw a drug, people just stop using it, right Bernie?
    By that logic, just legalize everything because people will get their hands on w/e they want with enough means. Laws and bans do serve a purpose. They also need valid reasoning if we want to keep things fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That just creates a black market which would put more money in criminal gangs hands.
    I'd have to agree with this. Taxes on tobacco are fine as is IMO (and no, I'm not a smoker).

What's Bernie's position on marijuana?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    And this is why he has no hope of getting the nomination much less the presidency.

Hillary is a weasel but she is a weasel that "plays the game".

Cigarettes are bad. I would ban them if I were a dictator with absolute power.

But if you are hoping to get elected, you don't say shit like this.
    Not to be like that, but Trump says way more horrible shit and people love it lol. Some people like shit. : D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Have to keep OT entertaining somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

By that logic, just legalize everything because people will get their hands on w/e they want with enough means. Laws and bans do serve a purpose. They also need valid reasoning if we want to keep things fair.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have to agree with this. Taxes on tobacco are fine as is IMO (and no, I'm not a smoker).
    It should all be legal. People wanna fuck up their own lives they should be allowed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Not to be like that, but Trump says way more horrible shit and people love it lol. Some people like shit. : D
    Trump wants to enforce existing laws, Bernie wants to make law abiding citizens criminals.