Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Confirmed on twitter:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...73899385208832

This means that items selling for over 1 million gold such a spectral tigers will be easily tradeable, and also makes it (nearly) impossible to instantly cap out items on BMAH.
    In addition to that, it likely also means that Legion's gold is going to be even more abundant than WoD's.

7+ Year Old Account
    *BOOM* Pre-ordered legion!

(not)

Well, shit. Blizzard are very naive to think this will change anything. All this change gives to people is that it would be much, much more unrealistic to get anything from BMAH, that's all. Like in real life, no matter how much money you get per year, if you're not a multibillionaire, you would never be able to buy yourself really expensive lucrative things.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It was 999,999.99 then. I like the random 214 number though
    You're SO SO SO WRONG.

I'm aware that plenty of people have 10m+, I have 5m and I'm sure many have more than me, but the amount of people able to cap at 10m is far lower than at 1m, and even then people might not be willing to pay 10m for a mount, depends I guess.

I'm assuming you are on US realms? They sell for 3m+ on EU I believe.
    Damn that's some shit. Yes I'm US.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome! Such a simple change, yet so helpful. Thanks Obama!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I agree with the over exaggerating about how much money garrisons actually net you. I run 3 garrisons and login multiple times a week, play the ah and only spend gold to cover auction listing and repairs yet I am some how not a multi millionaire yet. All total I'm sitting on 1.2 million gold but I came into the expansion with around 300k and have played without break till now. Don't get me wrong it's good easy money but it's not netting people millions a month.
    That depends on how many characters you have really. With 33 characters when the upgrade item was still very active I was indeed making millions a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I don't actually buy anything. No mounts from the bmah and I won't spend more than 25k on redemption gear. Which is why I only have 4 pieces atm. Each of them costing less than 15k. People just don't seem to realize that a VERY small number of players gain the amount you gain with the garrisons.
    Pretty much this. People quoting numbers like 75k, 100k, or more a week from garrisons requires 10+ toons with full treasure hunter/shipyards. I have 4 capped toons and don't make anywhere near that amount a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Pretty much this. People quoting numbers like 75k, 100k, or more a week from garrisons requires 10+ toons with full treasure hunter/shipyards. I have 4 capped toons and don't make anywhere near that amount a week.
    Depending on servers the rep item, conquest token, xp potion and all salvage yard boe can fetch a lot of gold. The salvage yard boes are much less useful now of course. If you get a boe from your raid cache you can flip those for a few thousand too. 100k in a week is easily possible, you certainly aren't going to make that weekly though. 10 to 15k a week per toon is a much more responsible average though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Depending on servers the rep item, conquest token, xp potion and all salvage yard boe can fetch a lot of gold. The salvage yard boes are much less useful now of course. If you get a boe from your raid cache you can flip those for a few thousand too. 100k in a week is easily possible, you certainly aren't going to make that weekly though. 10 to 15k a week per toon is a much more responsible average though.
    The aftermath of the flood of gold from garrisons is a major disincentive to re-subscribe. I have no idea how Blizz can recover from this other than through a permanent inflation or a major gold wipe (which they would never do).

If they do return players to pre-garrison income levels then those who have stock-piled gold will be at a massive advantage (eg wow tokens) and will be unaffected by npc costs etc. Gold will cease to have any meaning other than in trades between players, and as of the moment that is an optional part of the game.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware that plenty of people have 10m+, I have 5m and I'm sure many have more than me, but the amount of people able to cap at 10m is far lower than at 1m, and even then people might not be willing to pay 10m for a mount, depends I guess.

I'm assuming you are on US realms? They sell for 3m+ on EU I believe.
    I've watched mounts since I started, both trade selling, and AH, And I've never once seen any one ask for even half that amount, I've seen 1mill being asked, But most of the time it's around 700K, (EU) Of course it might be different on your realm, But on the several realms I play on, that's my experience^^

Sweet. I can send gold from 9 alts to my main on launch to look cool.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    THANK FUCK. Now I can store all my gold in just 1 of my GBs instead of getting ready to open up a 3rd one.

This also means the Guild Transfer gold cap is raised to 10M, so if I wanted to transfer off my realm, I'd just need to ditch the other GBs full of random mog and shit. I'm pretty ecstatic about this change
    Come Legion and you won't even have to ditch the mogs
    This is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I've watched mounts since I started, both trade selling, and AH, And I've never once seen any one ask for even half that amount, I've seen 1mill being asked, But most of the time it's around 700K, (EU) Of course it might be different on your realm, But on the several realms I play on, that's my experience^^
    This expansion, the past year? Please share this realm you are on with a tiger going for 700K as this price is all in a dream world right now.

And here I was excited that I finally gold capped on main several weeks ago. On a side note, I hated the mission table thing so much that despite having 10 max level characters, only my main even has a level 100 follower, outside of Garona, and possibly other ones that i cant remember that come as default 100s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay more gold room! `-`

I get at least one of the following items per toon per week:
    - Champions Honor (sell for around 14k)
    - Crate of Supplies (or whatever the name was) (sell for around 1.5k)
    - Medaillion of the Legion (sells for around 4k)
    - Random BoE Epic from either old raid missions or the salvage yard (sell for around 1.5k, but strongly depending on the item)
    Combined across 7 chars I also get the following items:
    - Around 700 Elemental items (sell for about 1g each)
    - a neverending supply of garrison ressources that I can turn into dust which in turn I can turn into crystals which sell for ~50g each. I get at least 200 crystals / week, sometimes up 400, depending on completion order missions.
    - Enough fur to reliably craft a hexweave bag every 2 or 3 days (again depending on completion order missions). The bag sells for around 1k. I only have 1 char that is a tailor so I could easily turn up my weekly income by around ~12k if I just swapped jobs and built tailor huts.
    - Enough random Greens and greys that sell for around 2.5k
    - random materials like herbs, ores, shards that sell on the AH for around 500g.

In addition to that my shipyard generates another ~500/day per toon, but honestly getting all shipyards upgraded was so much work that it was hardly worth it. Yeah, somtimes you have the cool 1.5k Gold Mission but must of the time you just get baleful equipment and elemental items). Or left shark.

So of course there are weeks that are considerably more lucrative than others (e.g. in one week I had blingtron mission +2 champions Honor +3 medaillion of the legion) but all in all my weekly income is around 40-50k. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. at the moment I just play around 20 minutes a day, doing garrion stuff and a bit more on the weekend to put stuff up the AH, empty crates etc.
    And this is "only" 7 chars and I am only logging in once a day. Logging in twice a day would not double my income but I think it would be at least 1.5x as big as it is now.

So if there are people who play just a little bit more than I, I am pretty sure they are deep, deep in the millions by now.

Confirmed on twitter:

This means that items selling for over 1 million gold such a spectral tigers will be easily tradeable, and also makes it (nearly) impossible to instantly cap out items on BMAH.
    yay. now greedy mythic guilds can sell kills for more.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Will they also change the server change cap amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I get at least one of the following items per toon per week:
    - Champions Honor (sell for around 50 gold )
    - Crate of Supplies (or whatever the name was) (sell for around 150 gold)
    - Medaillion of the Legion (sells for around 2k)
    fixed those for you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yay. now greedy mythic guilds can sell kills for more.
    They are greedy because they can do things you can't?

OT: I never understood why do people need for example 3 caps.. Just spend it on something you need. If you don't need anything, then you don't need the gold either.
    I saved up around 600k a while back and spent it all on battle pets from AH, after I was down to 100g I started saving it up again. Now I'm around 1mil, and I'll probably buy some boosts since I don't have the time to do them myself.