Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    SO saying NO since 8 years is NOT hint enough?
    Companies change their mind all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hah yeah go ahead, most of your PS playing buddies wouldn't likely play it. They wanted Vanilla and didn't get it. Yet another modified version of the 'wall of no'. Be lucky you guys at least got a blue post that addressed the issue. Now blizz is just tossing darts at a wall and seeing what sticks with the community. Pristine realms? That isn't what most of you guys were after so I'm sure it'll be met with plenty of scorn.
    I love how you're such a petty human being that you have to take the worst side of it. I bet it just straight pisses you off that Blizzard didn't just slam a big "NO!" in our face. Hell, odds are if they did you'd be talking nonstop shit.

It's okay though, we're making progress. Now I know how the casuals felt when they began getting freebies and I was among those fighting against it. I kinda like the feeling of knowing that "NO!" is off the table finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    At least they acknowledged the fact that it's been talked about internally a lot and for quite some time. That means there are certainly some people at blizzard who want it. It's not a "No, not ever.". It's a "No we're not working on it right now, but it has been talked about".
    Afaik they say every fucking time that this is hot topic that they often bring up on meetings
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    An interesting Strawpoll from the head mod of the WoW subreddit: Would you play on a 'pristine' server?

https://www.strawpoll.me/10052507
    Though the conversation from the Legacy community is for true legacy servers - not a rehash version of it.

For example in the Private Server environment those who stick closest to the original version of the game ie 1x XP gain , no P2W, no added QoL, etc tend to be the most popular servers

Deleted
    Great supporting Vid by TheLazyPeon. Apologies if it's been posted already..

Deleted
    I thought I wanted to play Vanilla so I joined a good private server last year. It was fun for a bit but it turns out Blizz was right and in my case, I don't want Vanilla WoW after all.

Not really a decisive argument, just my own experience.

Ragers ruin constructive posts.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    At least they acknowledged the fact that it's been talked about internally a lot and for quite some time. That means there are certainly some people at blizzard who want it. It's not a "No, not ever.". It's a "No we're not working on it right now, but it has been talked about".
    Well, they acknowledged it back in 2008

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We were at one time internally discussing the possibility fairly seriously, but the long term interest in continued play on them couldn't justify the extremely large amount of development and support resources it would take to implement and maintain them. We'd effectively be developing and supporting two different games.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    *shrug* I can go back and forward with you all morning saying "They didn't say 'no' anywhere in that post, and in fact eluded to the fact that they *are* working on it", but I'm guessing you've already made up your mind on what the post means and I can't change that. I'll just say this - we all want to enjoy Warcraft. It's the reason we're right here on this forum right now. Let's not attack each other or be condescending to one another because we want to enjoy the game in different ways.
    Its not that i made my mind it is that you are not getting legacy server and that is no.
    All they are willing to compromise is to give you live realms up to 60 without qol.

Are those legacy servers? They are not. So its a no.
    Will they do it sometimes in near future? From that response i would say no.

And i'm not attacking you, if someone wrote that text about sandwich would you deduce from it that you are eating it any time soon?
    People are all emotional and stuff so they are grasping straws if they got this response for topic they dont care about they would also see that its just polite no.

At least now people can quit saying "why won't they even consider it?" From their statements, they've obviously put a great deal of thought into the matter over time. You'd think that if anybody could come up with an honest answer to whether it's feasible or not, it's them. They did make the game after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    > "We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. [...]"
    > "One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks."
    They're going to be talking with a group of 30 volunteers who did this out of a cave on a budget of $0 . Blizzard can do it, they want to do it, I and at least a million others want to do it. Let's do it. Let's have legacy servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Hey remember how they said they were going to work on reducing time between expansions and patches so we get content faster?

Yeah maybe the meetings should be about the future of the game more often, and not about some angry people who mostly just raged nonstop at Blizzard who can't move on.

Just me I guess.
    I said it before to someone earlier, but I'll say it again to you. Blizzard is a large company. They have multiple departments, multiple teams. They are able to work on more than one project at a time. See: Diablo, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Warcraft 3 optimization, Starcraft optimization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Great supporting Vid by TheLazyPeon. Apologies if it's been posted already..

10/10 video. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythodiir View Post
    They're going to be talking with a group of 30 volunteers who did this out of a cave on a budget of $0 . Blizzard can do it, they want to do it, I and at least a million others want to do it. Let's do it. Let's have legacy servers.
    they worked ~ 5 years to make Nostalrius and only 5 of them were Devs ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Its not that i made my mind it is that you are not getting legacy server and that is no.
    All they are willing to compromise is to give you live realms up to 60 without qol.

Are those legacy servers? They are not. So its a no.
    Will they do it sometimes in near future? From that response i would say no.

And i'm not attacking you, if someone wrote that text about sandwich would you deduce from it that you are eating it any time soon?
    People are all emotional and stuff so they are grasping straws if they got this response for topic they dont care about they would also see that its just polite no.
    If that post was about a sandwich, I would take it to mean that Blizzard can't be bothered to make me the sandwich that I want, but they're willing to give me half of one they're already in the process of making. I'm still within my rights to say "No, mate, I want the sandwich I'm asking for."

To expand on this; the original sandwich isn't off the menu completely. They're trying to distract me with the easier option. I don't want to settle for half measures.

Man, now I'm hungry.
    Last edited by mmocce0da24d62; 2016-04-26 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, they acknowledged it back in 2008

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We were at one time internally discussing the possibility fairly seriously, but the long term interest in continued play on them couldn't justify the extremely large amount of development and support resources it would take to implement and maintain them. We'd effectively be developing and supporting two different games.
    Cheers for the quote. I didn't follow private servers before the nostalrius shutdown, so don't really know what's been said about them before. I do feel optimistic that we're getting them some day in the future. Not soon, probably not even "Soon™" but demand has only been rising.

I would love to know what's been said between blizzard and the nostalrius dev team, though. They've been awfully quiet these last few weeks.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

By how people are bitching about Pristine realms already, seems like they will end up without anything.

Ill suggest you guys take what Blizz its offering and make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    I love how you're such a petty human being that you have to take the worst side of it. I bet it just straight pisses you off that Blizzard didn't just slam a big "NO!" in our face. Hell, odds are if they did you'd be talking nonstop shit.

It's okay though, we're making progress. Now I know how the casuals felt when they began getting freebies and I was among those fighting against it. I kinda like the feeling of knowing that "NO!" is off the table finally.
    I'd talk as much shit about a flat out No as this. You didn't get your vanilla servers. Wall of No is quite intact right now. I'm glad you think 'pristine servers' are progress. Maybe in a few more years you might be ALMOST there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    By how people are bitching about Pristine realms already, seems like they will end up without anything.

Ill suggest you guys take what Blizz its offering and make the best of it.
    we didnt ask for pristine servers, okey ??

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    we didnt ask for pristine servers, okey ??
    That's a matter of compromise - one that some seem willing to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."