Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    in a show where they beheaded a stallion right at the tourney and decapitated a wolf, and shoved its decapitated head into Rob Starks' neck socket and paraded it at the frey party? doubt it.
    That was then, this is a much more tame GoT. Last season showed that especially with the Sansa 'rape' and Stannis killing offscreen, they'll never approach the brutality of the first 4 seasons again especially the first 3.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That was then, this is a much more tame GoT. Last season showed that especially with the Sansa 'rape' and Stannis killing offscreen, they'll never approach the brutality of the first 4 seasons again especially the first 3.
    which makes me a sad burger

it's like the entertainment industry is losing their balls with each passing year.

it's like the entertainment industry is losing their balls with each passing year.
    Yeah, they're also bone dry on ideas which is also a serious problem. When you have to find or advocate others' creativity inbetween no balls and no ideas that's a very sad time indeed.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account

Have to appease the political correct crowd or whatever they are.

A spear through a teenager's head doesn't count as brutality?

Did they just kill the only black actor on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    A spear through a teenager's head doesn't count as brutality?
    To be honest, I think anything the Sand Snakes are going to do is going to come off cheesy and ill written. Normally that'd definitely be brutal but meh, clusterfuck of Dorne story makes me almost blank it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Did they just kill the only black actor on the show?

Greyworm

10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice beginning in my opinion. As for Dorne, I believe the plot is not that bad. Doran is indeed seen as weak by his own people. He even says so himself in the book. The people must not have great love for him either, since he is never seen out of his palace. The oppposite of Oberyn. Elia is dead, killed by the Lannisters, and Doran did nothing. Oberyn is dead, killed again by the Lannisters, and Doran did nothing. Now Trystane is dead too... And I'm pretty sure Ellaria will put the blame on the Lannisters. And Doran did nothing. Well, yeah, technically he was already dead, but the people and the bannermen do not have to know that, don't they? Nor do they have the means to know. So, Ellaria could say that Doran said he would do nothing or just sent some diplomat for parley, etc. So she decided, to preserve Dorne's honor, to "remove" the Prince. With the guards approval. Because she seems to have the army's support, or at least the palace guards.

Doran may be wise, Doran may have a cunning plan to avenge his brother's and sister's death, but his extreme prudence and secrecy make him appear weak to his own bannermen and the people, which could be just as bad as really being weak in politics. Like Barristan Selmy said to Quentyn : "Your father keeps his secrets well, Prince Quentyn. Too well, I fear." I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a similar manner in the books, killed by an ambitious woman who would take the power. But since there is no Aegon, no Quentyn, no Arianne in the show, why should they keep it dragging on?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Liked it. Eons since I read the last 2 books, and they didn't leave an impression on me, so I don't care if the series differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think anything the Sand Snakes are going to do is going to come off cheesy and ill written. Normally that'd definitely be brutal but meh, clusterfuck of Dorne story makes me almost blank it out.

The only thing I can think of with Dorne, is that GRRM's plans for folding Dorne storylines into the larger plot all end like Quentyn Martell's story, and the producers were stuck trying to salvage something (not that they're succeeding).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Jesus christ, this thread is just ruined with all the butthurt children moaning about the books. As somebody who reads the books and watches the show, it's utterly fucking pathetic. Go circle jerk about how great the books are in the book thread.

Screw it. Thread is all but ruined by the exact same 5 posters who barf up the same post every time new information is discovered.
    Leave then. No ones asking you to defend the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    They just released episode descriptions for episode 2 and 3:

Season 6 Episode 2: Home

Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) trains with the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow). In King’s Landing, Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) advises Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman). Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne (Owen Teale). Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon) proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide) entertains other proposals.

Season 6 Episode 3: Oathbreaker

Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) meets her future. Bran meets the past. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce). Arya (Maisie Williams) trains to be No One. Varys (Conleth Hill) finds an answer. Ramsay gets a gift.
    As usual, vague descriptions.
    Ramsay's gift: the pointy end of a sword.
    Harpies leader: Generic Meereen slaver.
    Dany's future: Vaes Dothrak. But we all know she won't stay there for long. Daario and Ser Friendzone to the rescue!
    Jaime's advice: Get the Tyrell army and confront the pope (Jack Sparrow)
    Greyjoys: Kingsmoot?
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2016-04-26 at 09:42 AM.

That end. I was like, *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap* *fap*....... O_o .............................................................................. *fapping intesifies*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    As usual, vague descriptions.
    Ramsay's gift: the pointy end of a sword.
    Harpies leader: Generic Meereen slaver.
    Dany's future: Vaes Dothrak. But we all know she won't stay there for long. Daario and Ser Friendzone to the rescue!
    Jaime's advice: Get the Tyrell army and confront the pope (Jack Sparrow)
    Greyjoys: Kingsmoot?
    Ser Friendzone and Darrio can't do shit against the Horde.
    Drogon on the other hand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Ser Friendzone and Darrio can't do shit against the Horde.
    Drogon on the other hand
    Ser Friendzone infects them all with greyscale. Like the flu did in history.

The quality of the writing has nothing to do with the brutality. Either it's brutal or it's not, the fact that the sand snakes are far from the best written characters has nothing to do with it.

The show isn't tame at all. There was no reason to show Sansa's rape, as opposed to Daenerys, because in her case it was part of her arc and how she and Drogo developed. Sansa's rape was just rape, and there was no real point to it.

I mean, so far in this season we've had quotes like "She doesn't have to be smart to get fucked in the ass," full nudity, a teenager who gets a spear through his head, and several other visibly bloody deaths. And that's just in the first episode. I've no idea how you draw the conclusion that the show has gotten tame from that, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post

The show isn't tame at all. There was no reason to show Sansa's rape, as opposed to Daenerys, because in her case it was part of her arc and how she and Drogo developed. Sansa's rape was just rape, and there was no real point to it.
    Sure the reason was to show how brutal and mindf*cked Ramsay the bastard is.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Sure the reason was to show how brutal and mindf*cked Ramsay the bastard is.
    I'm pretty sure the castration part, and literally every single thing that character does has hammered in that point fairly well with people.