Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Why do you care if crap you dont use isnt listed on the stats pane? No really you are complaining about it just to complain. Nothing they removed was of any value to the class that cant use it, I dont need to see strength on my priest pane muddled in with stats that actually matter to me. I am glad they did this there is nothing wrong with it.
    I've mentioned why. You ignored it with handwaving and sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    At this point people are just talking in circles. The people against it believe this is the final version and all stats missing now are going to be missing forever. Other people are countering saying it may be changed and we may get some back. I don't think anyone is going to come to an agreement or anything actually worth while at this point. I'm going to step out of this and wait for future patches, as I understand it's an alpha and things change before release. Fingers crossed that they keep the 'actual' useless stats removed (AKA strength for hunters), but have the other useful stats brought back in (spellpower, movement speed, so on)
    "Its alpha" isn't a good enough answer. Has Blizzard said anything on this change? What makes you think they will add those in? The current iteration is very much lacking.

Deleted
    I wanna be in the circle as well.

The change is good. It will have to be looked at again, but the idea is good. After they put back block and all the stuff you actually get from gear, without all the crap you never used it will be a great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Gear score is pretty different from Ilvl, just didn't work.
    As much as I disliked what gearscore became in the hands of the community, at least it tried to take into account stat weights etc.
    Well it did eventually anyway, not in the early versions.
    Item level is actually worse, only due to it being a core part of how gear stats work it is very transparent in where it comes from.
    Hence why it is used.

So I think such a huge emphasis on item level is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    You know I like it for a quick look however, I would like to see a more advanced tab...

It's great for quick looking and for new players but for more theorycrafting players we need something a bit more advanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    You know I like it for a quick look however, I would like to see a more advanced tab...

It's great for quick looking and for new players but for more theorycrafting players we need something a bit more advanced.
    What is advanced about seeing stats your class doesn't use? This is a serious question. I'm lost on knowing what is useless to the toon. As it is now in game for example, if I play my warrior and hover over int, it says I don't benefit from that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Call me when they remove agi from hunters.
    Why do you care about looking at agility? Do you need to see your crit %? There's nothing for you to do with that information.

Nobody cares if they remove useless primary stats. It's the rest of it that is the problem. Tanks want to see defensive stats, it's really not that complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still see the details when you mouseover.

That tells you how much they're modifying a stat, not how much the stat actually is. Not to mention how clunky that is to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well, why dont you explain, without looking anything up, how fast I'd run if I have a runspeed enchant (10), activate catform (30) through displacer beast (50) and then pop darkflight (40) or dash (70)? I've given you the same info, since they all say "increase movement speed by (x%)" as you'd get by reading the tooltips (And yes, it's definitely a scenario that does occur).

Some movement boosting abilities stack additively, some stack multiplicatively, and some doesn't stack at all. And the tooltips doesn't offer any information about that at all. Saying that you can read CD's and figure it out is just factually wrong, and saying that it's "on them" if others cant is just asinine.
    Most of them Do say somewhere that they won't stack with X other spells, like other movement boosting spells. In what situation would you Possibly be using all of those at the same time for it to matter? In reality, you space them out. Not pop them all at once, possibly mitigating some of them. So really, if you're using them all at the same time to where you Think you need to watch movement speed % during a raid or PvP combat, you're doing it wrong.

Such as displacer beast and dash? Quite often. (In which case you'll also have the move speed enchant and cat form to take into consideration).
    One is a Blink type ability, with a small 4 second movement speed boost. The other is a pure movement speed boost. Blink, wait 4 seconds, Then pop the other one. If you pop Dash while displacer beasts boost is active, you're wasting cd's and movement speed increase time. Its inefficient to play like that.

Well, surely you're aware that there are classes and races that has more. I've even already given you an example. Or should we skip showing STR and INT too, since you only play a rogue, and they don't show these stats?
    Yes, we Should skip showing INT and STR on a rogue. They are unused. Even IF I had some, it wouldn't do anything for me. It helps new players see that they don't need those stats on that character since they can't even see how much of them they have. I am aware of other classes having more then one. I am equally aware at how crap it would be to waste a cd by using two at the same time, losing duration on a movement increase that could be better used at another time to get away.

Yeah, because raids is the only thing that exists in this game?

I mean, yes, you make a very good case for how it doesn't matter to you whether you see the movement speed. But you're completely oblivious that not everyone plays the same style, or even race and class as you. To me it mattered, both because I want to know how to optimize my run speed over a longer time duration, and because I like to know how the mechanics work and interact.

And come legion I'll have to rely on add-ons for that information. Now, it isn't the biggest deal in the world, but it feels really unecessary and pointless, and is just another nail in the coffin about Blizzards continually dumbing down of the game.
    How to optimize your run speed = Don't Use Two CD's At The Same Time. Why in the world would anyone even care about how they interact. I also never said raids. Bgs is the same. Use movement speed boosts to get away from attackers and capture flags faster.

Now, here is my questions to you.

1) What good does it do you knowing what your movement speed is using any combination of movement speed increases?
    2) Why would you ever use two, thus waste time and cd's?
    3) In What scenario would you have your character stats sheet open and be watching your movement speed if you're fighting in a raid or BG?

In short, this is such trivial and useless information that I don't see it as even a remote issue. Using two cds for movement speed is just bad and wastes so much. Even on things like my rogue, I have never thought "hey, let me blow Both of my movement speed cds at the same time".
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I feel like there was probably a good middle ground between the old one and this one and they missed the mark. When I saw this I actually thought it was a joke. Coming from a person who likes pruning and all that to an extent, I would at least like the option to "open up the hood" for my character and really understand all the info if I want.

It's sort of like when they started just throwing in passive mechanics and taking the effect out of the spellbook completely. Like why? I want to be able to see everything if I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a case of fixing something that wasn't broken. A waste of time and resources that could have better served the game elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    well i dont really care about my spirit on my dk or warrior so i wouldnt call it simplifying as much as making it smarter or more relevant. would be nice to have it only show relevant secondaries per spec too, or at least highlight them or put them at the top of the list.
    Pretty much this. Why does it matter that as a feral druid my intellect doesn't show? Or as a mage, my bonus armour doesn't show? I like the new stat panel. It looks nicer and only shows what's relevant. I prefer it this way. But I guess it's a preference thing, some people like seeing all the info. However, didn't Blizz make it so that stats which your spec isn't meant to use, ie strength for a bear tank won't affect you at all? So then even seeing that number is completely useless, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Clusterfuck? It's an RPG GAME. Which part of that don't you understand? Do you also want arrows pointing out which item you should get next, which ability on your bar you should press? It's oversimplified. It's made for casual as fuck people who don't have to think even for a second in this game. And the worst is that people are defending the shit out of it, because they are afraid of the game getting harder to understand. Don't worry it won't, a couple expansions down the line it will be more simple than a mobile game where you just have to tap on the screen every second.
    Once again... even as a RPG... why do I need to see stats that don't matter to me. I don't or role play with saying, well I have 65 strength on my Mage, maybe if I hit this Murloc with my staff I'll do 2pts more damage than if I had 60 strength. Its not over simplifying anything, its getting rid of what's not needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    What is advanced about seeing stats your class doesn't use? This is a serious question. I'm lost on knowing what is useless to the toon. As it is now in game for example, if I play my warrior and hover over int, it says I don't benefit from that stat.
    You usually tend to test out everything when a new patch or expansion is released.

Even things that don't make sense... All in the name of the 0.5%

Deleted
    You usually tend to test out everything when a new patch or expansion is released.

Even things that don't make sense... All in the name of the 0.5%
    You test Int on your warrior?
    I can understand wanting defensive stats on a tank, and I'm like 90% sure those will be included, but what do I care about all the other clutter that was removed? What do I care about zeros?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    You test Int on your warrior?
    I can understand wanting defensive stats on a tank, and I'm like 90% sure those will be included, but what do I care about all the other clutter that was removed? What do I care about zeros?
    Not intel, but the rest of the things.

Also you should be able to customize the order instead of being forced to use addons.

Deleted

Also you should be able to customize the order instead of being forced to use addons.
    What are the rest?

Order of thing I don't need the reason to change as with this change everything fits on one window, but if someone wants to do that sure, that could be a thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    -snip-
    You can keep your bad argument up... but its still bad. It amounts to "but WHY do you need it?!"

Well guess what, some people like that information, and it hurts no one to have it there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Once again... even as a RPG... why do I need to see stats that don't matter to me. I don't or role play with saying, well I have 65 strength on my Mage, maybe if I hit this Murloc with my staff I'll do 2pts more damage than if I had 60 strength. Its not over simplifying anything, its getting rid of what's not needed.
    If you don't want to see them, you already have the option of:

A) Not looking
    B) Collapsing that particular tab or,
    C) Moving that tab down to the bottom.

The current iteration is already easy to customize and you can move things and block what you don't like. This change is unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

You can already do that. Which is why this change is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can keep your bad argument up... but its still bad. It amounts to "but WHY do you need it?!"

Well guess what, some people like that information, and it hurts no one to have it there.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want to see them, you already have the option of:

A) Not looking
    B) Collapsing that particular tab or,
    C) Moving that tab down to the bottom.

The current iteration is already easy to customize and you can move things and block what you don't like. This change is unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

You can already do that. Which is why this change is bad.
    Really?? I know you can move and shift entire panels, but not get rid of just 1 or 2 items in said panel. Yes, I can move down the primary stats panel and not look at it. But I want to see my stamina and Intel, I just don't want to see strength, agility, spirit. Yes I can move down my secondary stats panel, but I want to see my Crit/Haste/Mastery, I just don't want to see Dodge, Parry, Versatility, Block. See.... even with the ability to move PANELS around I'm still stuck with stats that are in no way, shape or form that are needed for my character. This new Stats Panel is in every way better.

Maybe implement an option like how we view rep. You don't want to see a particular stat? Click inactive.