Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    I know I am not getting vanilla servers.

I will probably get vanilla-like difficulty though, and this is what I wanted
    No, you won`t..you are really delusional...Even if they taking away all the heirlooms, lfg, etc. the core game mechanics should stay the same, ie mobs dies when you look at them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Then you either haven't played Cataclysm revamped zones or are, again, extremely deluded.
    Dude, I have 6 level 100, and like 5-6 other toons level 35-85.. I have played every zone more than once.

What's wrong if I want a bigger challenge? Like, more time to level up, mobs with more hp etc ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    No, you won`t..you are really delusional...Even if they taking away all the heirlooms, lfg, etc. the core game mechanics should stay the same, ie mobs dies when you look at them.
    they will probably address that issue too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Ok, lets say blizz does release vanila realms that is on a seperatr client and requires seperate subscription and it gets a decent, stablre 500k playerbase, what will happen to that playerbase after lets say 1-1.5 years when people down KT in case they release the servers with the latest vanila patch (1.12?), leta say 150k quit, 200k finish naxx and quit because they got nothing more to do except farm naxx
    they didn't say about vanilla servers.

Just a current release server with less or none QoL services

Deleted
    I miss the serpent sting - autoshot rotation so much. And all those hunter weapons.

The good thing about Vanilla was the community, I doubt bringing back vanilla servers will bring that back.

Anyways, I was at my most active back then, so I have no need reliving it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeiPavlov View Post
    0-information post. They are actually lying. There is no special need to support "classic" realm. Such server should act as "as is was".
    Also they have lost a lot of subscribers since WOLK so there is a lot of hardware resources to handle 2-3 additional severs.

Blizzard, don't be silly. You can even ask for additional subscription fee for such realms. Personally I quit WoW because I was bored to death by WoD and now playing on TBC/WOLK pirate servers just to fight a this boredom.
    it's not some flip of the switch, the old code is gone, if they did do it they would have to figure out how to make a lot of old things work with the current systems, making the old talent system work in the new client stands out to me as potentially one of the biggest problems

Deleted
    Dude, I have 6 level 100, and like 5-6 other toons level 35-85.. I have played every zone more than once.

What's wrong if I want a bigger challenge? Like, more time to level up, mobs with more hp etc ..

- - - Updated - - -

they will probably address that issue too

- - - Updated - - -

they didn't say about vanilla servers.

Just a current release server with less or none QoL services
    First: If you have 6 lvl 100 then you must know, you can skip almost entire expansions in levelling (BC is a good example..I was lvl 65 when I reached the other half of peninsula and on lvl 67 left it, just to see how zangarmarsh looks like.....dungeon runs...)

Second: They can`t change core mechanics..just how do you think that? Keeping the current world, but going back to vanilla mechanics? Now THAT`S a hard job, not to make a few vanilla server run..

Like, more time to level up, mobs with more hp etc ..
    Probably because this isn't what a Pristine server would be like based on their very own comments about it. I'm not sure where you're making this nonsense up about mobs being harder.

As I said, delusions.

Deleted
    Reading through comments makes you really see why blizzard can never open their own vanillaserver.

1) I will never play it if this or that wont drop
    2) I want a option to blablablab
    3) I want it for free etc
    4) and on and on and on

Do people even hear themselves? The world today is strange its like everything is made for YOU and YOU alone, maybe its time to step back from that egocentric mindset and
    understand this is a business. Sure have some feedback about what etc but man one can get a headache from just reading these childish comments.

Grow up or at least understand there are others out there other then you.

Deleted
    In all honesty this feels like a solution where you pee your own pants to keep you warm for a bit... this is FAR from vanilla, we will still struggle with all the shit expansions and no to mention transmogs and flying mount etc etc. Blizzard if I were you I would really just hire nostalrius team and get em on the case to make a vanilla server again!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    First: If you have 6 lvl 100 then you must know, you can skip almost entire expansions in levelling (BC is a good example..I was lvl 65 when I reached the other half of peninsula and on lvl 67 left it, just to see how zangarmarsh looks like.....dungeon runs...)

Second: They can`t change core mechanics..just how do you think that? Keeping the current world, but going back to vanilla mechanics? Now THAT`S a hard job, not to make a few vanilla server run..
    That's exactly what I don't like mate.

I want to enjoy every zone.

So by removing some QoL services, they can re-create a "vanilla-like" experience.

I am not talking about obsolete mechanics or content. Blizzard said about "current release servers", not vanilla , tbc etc

7+ Year Old Account
    drama stuff about past stuff... past is past... evolve guys

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Of course isn't promising.

Thats only half of an already small group: the nostalgic crowd.
    How do you know only the nostalgic crowd replied to it? Or the one on the front page? Afaik it's aimed at everyone.

imo they shouldn't be responding, trolls that just wanted to be outraged already forgot about all of this, and a few people that actually care about vanilla servers, are in such a huge minority they doesn't matter, now it will start all over again

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    This!

Theres no way Id want to go back to the old days of wow. Nostalgia and rose tinted specs seem to be helluva common. Honestly when you actually start listing all the improvements to the game since vanilla, you see why it should stay dead, and why only folk who have essentially pirated the game play on these servers.

The sheer amount of people clouded by nostalgia is staggering and stupifying all at once. MADNESS!!

Take your vanilla servers and ram em. And Im sorry but I dont buy into "I want 40 man raids" or "everything was harder, thus more fun" BS either.
    Started in WotLK and played since, had more fun on Nostalrius than during any expansion. How's that Nostalgia exactly? It's just a more engaging and challenging experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    Why not 'hire' Nostalrius? Make it legal and official, and let their team continue the great work? They're passionate and they're doing it for free.
    To protect IP - write an agreement/document with Nostalrius team that will secure everything, future of the server.
    Everything will belong to Blizzard, but folks from Nost will run the server. Community effort, passion, love for the game will be rewarded. Simple as that.
    Because it's not that easy

so if I get this right a "prestine realm" has no lvl up boost options and you have to go to the dunegons etc. and find your group in trade chat, and it would be the latest content? I would see how a lot of ppl would like that, acctually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I wish that someone that has access to the US forums and that blue post to say that in there. The devs appear to talk about vanilla a lot. But it's pretty obvious the fact that's free is very important and I strongly suspect it's the main reason.
    I think so too, because people complain about wow having a fee quite often. So it is quite clear that a big portion thought it'd be fun to relive the nostalgia for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    Because it's not that easy
    Don't forget everyone here is very educated on this particular subject. If you haven't noticed before nost got shutdown everyone had a phd from the academy of google in international copyright laws.

It's always funny to hear the 'Blizzard never USED to care about money before X!' line out of people.

Where X is usually "Activision's acquisition" or "Cataclysm" or "whateverthefuckwewanttobitchabouttoday."

It's an exceptional level of delusion. Take any class on video game design, even the jankiest, scammiest ones from institutions that advertise on television. I guarantee you within the first month or week of that class, you'll get told that games are designed, from the get go, to make MONEY.

Blizzard has ALWAYS been about making money. Any company that isn't going to immediately fail is. There's a reason why they scrapped the entirety of Starcraft 1's first version and remade it into what it became. Because they got overwhelmingly negative feedback from their playtest groups. People who wouldn't buy the game because it was redundant and boring in the shadow of Warcraft (among other reasons).

As much as people want to sugar coat their nostalgic feelies and rewrite history, they didn't fix Starcraft during development because they weren't happy with it. They did so to make a bunch of fucking money. That's not to say they aren't trying to make the best games possible (And people claiming this today are just conspiracy nuts who are butthurt about one thing or another), but to sit there and pretend Blizzard never cared about money is just straight up naivety or ignorance.

As if they couldn't possibly imagine this company that made these games they liked/loved as a kid were interested in profit. It's like the childish part of that nostalgic feel good memory never matured alongside the person thinking it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-26 at 10:30 AM.

Seems a lot of posters are missing the point.
    They're not talking about making a vanilla server, but a server that runs WoD, with a lot of convenience removed.

Personally i would like it. Them removing cross realm in it means i wouldn't have to deal with trolls. Suddenly you're free if you ignore the few bad apples on your own server, instead of knowing it's futile.
    People knowing that if they're not trying to behave they get a negative rep on the server and can't join for much would probably help a lot too.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    It still makes me laugh a lot when people say :

But vanilla was hard.
    - If you call grinding hard then you obviously have no idea what hard is, call it time consuming yes, but hard no.

But vanilla raiding was hard.
    - If you call artificially gated and bugged content hard then yes.

But vanilla was as easy as WoD is now.
    - That's why the gap of a good and bad player (or a good and bad guild) with same item level, has never been higher.

But vanilla was amazing.
    - Yes it was, just like other expansions have been, because it was new. New content is always amazing the first time you do it, doing it for another 3 years isn't going to be as amazing, you'll do it once and you'll get bored and stop. Now you see why blizzard won't make vanilla servers? Because you aren't even sure you are going to keep playing it for years. Thus uncertain incomes out of it.

But Blizzard should listen to the community.
    - We all know how that went in WoD, where they tailored to the community and 90% of the active population hated it.

But Blizzard only cares about money.
    - If you are a company, a big one, it's rather obvious you'll care about the profits. Just like you care about your paycheck being correct at the end of the month.

But why doesn't blizzard hire the nost server guys?
    - Because doing that would give incentive to other pirated realms to appear in the hopes of being recruited by blizzard themselves, and it would eventually create a grey area in the legal department that blizzard encourages pirated content and they would eventually lose the rights to defend their own franchise. So you can be sure the Nost guys won't be hired, they'll still get sued, just because blizzard has to, to keep their IP rights.

But how come Nost could provide servers for free with no funds.
    - You can rent servers for as low as 30 dollars per month, that would be well overkill for WoW Vanilla and because Vanilla isn't very taxing on the server, you could easily have a peak population of 100k. Which is succeeding the actual active population of Nost by nearly 20 times. Yes some people checked the Nost claim that they have 150k active players. It actually ended up with around 2-3k players on a daily basis, with double of that in weekends, so take it more like 150k unique players per month.