Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly, you're more weird for asking the question than you are about liking Pokemon.

There is no "normal" when it comes to enjoying entertainment. There's popular, sure, and there's socially accepted pidgeonholes, but there's no "normal". It's not some crime against our species to like a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    As a 27 year old guy - am I a weird odd ball for still liking the style of game-play that pokemon games have to offer? I deal with a lot of stress, so typically when I do feel stressed I tend to chill on the couch or bed and play these GBA emulators and try to complete pokedex's.
    What is it about this "style of gameplay" that you think is unfit for a 27-year-old? The adventure aspect? The collecting aspect? The turn-based combat? Or the leveling-up aspect of the game? I don't see anything childish about the gameplay. I still play these games occasionally and I'm 31. Hell, these games were considered too childish even when I was 14 and back in school. Just like watching Dragonball was at the time. Those were the 2 things that apparently 14-year-olds back then couldn't do, I guess because people saw dragonball or the pokemon anime on television and thought the animations looked like they were made for children. Which they kinda were a little bit, but these people never tried to look past that and see and understand why people were interested in it. But you should know better, cause you actually played pokemon.

Deleted
    The fact that you even have to ask something like this is what would make you defective if anything. There are plenty of people even 40-50+ years old that play Pokemon games from what I've seen in Japan. Even on these forums you can find people around your age who play them, me being one for example.

Pokemon has been around since the 1990s, I admit I am bored of the games now and haven't bought the latest but I've been around since the 1980s and I've played and loved most of the games from since I was a kid up until adulthood and probably will buy another in the future. Albiet haven't watched the series since I was a kid. Last I remember Ash won some league fighting some dude with dragons in these Islands while riding around on the back of his Lapras and Charizard left for some sanctuary. I stopped watching Pokemon when started watching Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing (I still watch those two with DBS and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans), which was about 16 years ago.

I don't think it's that unusual to still like Pokemon in your late 20s.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I work in a call center, and at any given moment on my account there is at least three people either talking about or actively playing. We're all between 25-35 and still geeky as hell. Had a guy wander by my desk today singing the Pokerap.

No. A lot of grown people still play Pokemon. If you see people saying it's "for kids", that's because they think you're watching the anime or something like that I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a 27 year old guy - am I a weird odd ball for still liking the style of game-play that pokemon games have to offer? I deal with a lot of stress, so typically when I do feel stressed I tend to chill on the couch or bed and play these GBA emulators and try to complete pokedex's.
    As a 27 year old myself that still enjoys Pokemon, no you aren't defective. I don't watch the TV show anymore because it isn't for me, but the story and RPG elements of the game are fun and quite addictive.

Amazing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I won't say you are not because I don't know you, but if you are, it's not because of enjoying Pokemon.
    - I served under Thrall, the mighty orc -

Holy Paladin - Burning Blade (US)
    My blood's still flowing and my heart's still beating like a hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're defective because you care what others think.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I've challenged another grown ass adult to a pokemon battle in the middle of nowhere. (she walked into a fast food place I was walking out of and she had a pokemon hat on)

We both had our 3ds on us with pokemon ready to go. Needless to say I didn't make a friend when I swept her ass under the rug.

You aren't weird or defective. You are cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I've challenged another grown ass adult to a pokemon battle in the middle of nowhere. (she walked into a fast food place I was walking out of and she had a pokemon hat on)

We both had our 3ds on us with pokemon ready to go. Needless to say I didn't make a friend when I swept her ass under the rug.

I just imagined that ending, "You are supposed to let me win coz I'm a girl!" "BITCH HOW WOULD I BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS IF I LET THAT HAPPEN"

15+ Year Old Account

I would have loved to have seen that. Or better to have done it.

"AHA! OUR EYES MET SO NOW WE MUST BATTLE!!!"

"YOU LOSE, NOW GIVE ME HALF YOUR MONEY!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I just imagined that ending, "You are supposed to let me win coz I'm a girl!" "BITCH HOW WOULD I BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS IF I LET THAT HAPPEN"
    That was pretty much how it went.

She was walking in and somehow I got the courage to be like "you gotta beat me in a pokemon battle to pass"
    She was the type who plays for fun and only rolls with pokemon she finds cute. I'm the type with a tournament team and I threw out my sweeper turn one and just demolished her.

Still don't feel bad about it. That's what you get for not running a counter to a mega charizard sweep.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was pretty much how it went.

She was walking in and somehow I got the courage to be like "you gotta beat me in a pokemon battle to pass"
    She was the type who plays for fun and only rolls with pokemon she finds cute. I'm the type with a tournament team and I threw out my sweeper turn one and just demolished her.

Still don't feel bad about it. That's what you get for not running a counter to a mega charizard sweep.
    Hahaha, that feel bro. I did that with my Ex-gf, we both played through Black and White together, she asked to battle, Her whole team gets dumpstered by my 5-31 IV EV trained Haxorus, she refused to battle me ever again.

Deleted
    In the Netherlands there is a tv program called "gamekings" It featured a grandpa who played battlefield 3. Was pretty fun to see a guy that old still enjoying himself, I imagine that a lot of us gamers end up like that in the future.

Besides, being normal in every way is boring anyways. I like people with some quirks here and there and who are not scared to admit they like certain stuff, it gets different if they are also trying to force it upon other people, but that's another story.

It's only defect if a person likes current wow expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Yes you are please report to the nearest rehabilitation center for re-programming or to be recycled.

Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

no you are not, i am 25 and I'm sitting here at work on my lunch break playing the pokemon TCGO on my iPad pro..lol
    i still collect cards and are now collecting the 20th anniversary pokemon stuff each month...and i have a pokeball tattoo on my right middle finger xD

i also just got done playing pokemon alpha sapphire on my 3DS and about to start playing Pokemon X
    Last edited by SlayAllDay; 2016-05-05 at 12:41 AM.

No and anyone who judges others on what they like is a tool.

If you like watching My Little Pony,Pokemon and Twilight all at the sametime its fine. As long as what you like hurts no one there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm almost 26 and I enjoy the pokemon games as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD