Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    That, and I think there will be a whole lot to do in the Pre-patch, what with the massive Legion Invasion events in the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor that have been found and datamined. If it's anything like the Wrath pre-patch was, there will be plenty to do without setting foot on Draenor.
    With WoD you could do some of the dungeons (at least UBRS?) prior to the release, which had gear with quite decent itemlevel. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a similar event that awarded gear.

Here's my theory on the progression. I don't think it's 100% accurate but.

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Tier 19 Normal/Heroic is missing maybe.

Tier 19 Mythic. This may also be the Normal/heroic and mythic is missing, but I doubt it.

Now maybe the two tiers are swapped around? I only put the one set as Tier 18 because it makes sense to look so much like the level 100 starter gear anyway, it doesn't have as much new detail as the Legion tier will have, and it also has a similar 'corruption' theme that the rest of the T18 had. But the legion PVP season 1 uses that set. So maybe what I have labeled as Tier 19 may actually be HFC gear. It looks a little too detailed though with the new armor effects.

It's a bit confusing, but what isn't confusing is that DH has 2 sets of tier in the game already, and on the Alpha the Conq tokens have demon hunter on them now. It seems clear they're planning on putting DH gear into HFC, I think it just depends on the amount of time we get with them before August 30th.

Unless you want weapons for purposes of being better pre legion there's 0 reason to put your limited crafting upgrades into them. Your current weapons will do fine until you get artifacts, which is literally step 1 of legion questing. Better to go for other slots that won't be replaced for a couple levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Should be interesting to see how many DH's go for mythic gear. I would understand trinkets (depending on what our starter trinkets are) so it would probably be Fel Spring Coil and ??? Mirrors?

Depends on class trinket. Mirror is generally a fantastic pick for leveling / dungeon content but may be dampened a little by how powerful our burst aoe is (unless you are premading dungeons or questing in a group with a tank?)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It makes me think that maybe, we'll get class unlocked with the pre-release event, but without the classes new balancing, as early as June ?
    Then Mid/Late July we'd get the new balancing, second phase of the event.

So we'd be able to experience the event and play with the DH without having to "learn" the classes anew.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

Tier 19 Mythic. This may also be the Normal/heroic and mythic is missing, but I doubt it.

Now maybe the two tiers are swapped around? I only put the one set as Tier 18 because it makes sense to look so much like the level 100 starter gear anyway, it doesn't have as much new detail as the Legion tier will have, and it also has a similar 'corruption' theme that the rest of the T18 had. But the legion PVP season 1 uses that set. So maybe what I have labeled as Tier 19 may actually be HFC gear. It looks a little too detailed though with the new armor effects.

It's a bit confusing, but what isn't confusing is that DH has 2 sets of tier in the game already, and on the Alpha the Conq tokens have demon hunter on them now. It seems clear they're planning on putting DH gear into HFC, I think it just depends on the amount of time we get with them before August 30th.
    Dunno, but i'd think it shoud be reverted in your post. Set you've listed as T18 looks murch cooler that this T19 imo. But i honestly don't think they'll implement smth more the recolors, and no set bonuses, its too much work for a month worth of content for DHs.

Are you guys forgetting about the heirloom trinket that levels to 110? Without a doubt that'll be the best option in the long run...

Deleted
    You can play DH when the prepatch unlocks, which will probably be somewhere in July, thus you'll have multiple weeks of DH gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    With WoD you could do some of the dungeons (at least UBRS?) prior to the release, which had gear with quite decent itemlevel. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a similar event that awarded gear.
    Yea, theres always been an easy gear catch-up mechanism in each of the pre-patches. Going from TBC->Wrath had the Necropolis events, and you could buy high ilvl armor. Wrath->Cata had the 4 elemental invasion dungeons, which rewarded pretty decent gear in each one. Cata->Wrath had Fall of Theramore scenario, which, again, rewarded high ilvl items (I think it was like 380 ilvl weapons and shit). So on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    Considering the nerfing that many classes are getting and the removal of secondary stats, I doubt that will be the case this time.
    Bosses always get a nerf in the prepatch, whether it's direct or indirect.

Also the secondary stat change is only 100+, will not affect lvl 100 or similar gear.

Changing all the multistrike to vers, crit, haste or mastery is going to be a significant boost on it's own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Are you guys forgetting about the heirloom trinket that levels to 110? Without a doubt that'll be the best option in the long run...
    That depends on the proc rate, if the proc rate is as now, it's not going to challenge heroic/mythic upgraded trinkets whilst leveling until very late in the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    for Aszuna maybe, you don't face many demons at all in the other zones iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post

Starter gear

Tier 18 Normal/Heroic

Tier 18 Mythic

I think T18 and T19 should be switched, however you are definitely on to something. Everyone was so confused at the 2 demon hunter sets, and this is a perfect explanation (its kind of absurd that they would already have t20 finished and in game).

It would also make total lore sense for Demon Hunters to want to get into HFC and kill Archimonde. I really hope this is their intention.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Bosses always get a nerf in the prepatch, whether it's direct or indirect.

Also the secondary stat change is only 100+, will not affect lvl 100 or similar gear.

Changing all the multistrike to vers, crit, haste or mastery is going to be a significant boost on it's own.
    I do believe the level 100 mastery was changed. I could be wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Considering thet Blizzard bothered to put in a "tier set" for DH's in HFC I think the pre-patch will arrive 1 month before release. I mean why bother otherwise? If it was just 1 week it would be a waste to of time to add it.
    When has a Pre-Patch ever lasted only a single week ?

For those worried about weapons, seems we might have some weapons to get during some of the invasion pre-patch.

http://legion.wowhead.com/items?filt...0#itemsgallery

Deleted
    I fully intended to take my time with the starter experience, & assuming that we'll have WoD content only pre-patch (not a problem with me tbh) I always intended to do all the WoD Heroic 5-mans (Maybe some Mythics) as well as Highmaul LFR, & all the world bosses.

Purely because I want to, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You can play DH when the prepatch unlocks, which will probably be somewhere in July, thus you'll have multiple weeks of DH gameplay.

I got two weeks off in July, I am hoping it drops then :-D

But what gear does a DH start off with after they finish their starter zone?

Deleted
    From the front page of mmo champion:

During the Demon Hunter early access, will we be able to explore Azeroth and maybe level profs before the expansion hits?
    During the pre-launch, you will be able to take your demon hunter wherever you please.
    So it basically confirms that Demon Hunters will be playable during the pre-expansion event!

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    I got two weeks off in July, I am hoping it drops then :-D

But what gear does a DH start off with after they finish their starter zone?
    I believe it's 680 gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    the pre-event will be out mid to early july, as they said 4-6 weeks and later 6-8 weeks... so most likley 6 weeks