How garbage is arena atm?

I'm bored and want to get back into arena.
    How garbage is it at the moment?

Haven't played most of WoD.

dont play until legion, PvP/arenas is complete garbage right now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The balance isn't that bad, honestly. There's quite a lot of comps that are viable compared to a lot of other seasons.

But that doesn't really matter because the gameplay is really stale and boring.

Is it one of those things where skill had been largely removed as a factor?

It was bad enough to get me into raiding.

I haven't ever raided. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    The balance isn't that bad, honestly. There's quite a lot of comps that are viable compared to a lot of other seasons.

But that doesn't really matter because the gameplay is really stale and boring.

This pretty answers every your questions.. Best is to wait till legion or not to play in legion...cuz..*chuckles*.. figure it out on your own ok?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    Is it one of those things where skill had been largely removed as a factor?
    Well, I mean there's still skill, obviously. The "lack of skill" is a bit exaggerated by people, there's just less than there used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    I'm bored and want to get back into arena.
    How garbage is it at the moment?

Haven't played most of WoD.
    PvP (in WoW) do not matter. Find a real PvP game =D

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    it used to matter alot, cause the game used to require a brain.. not anymore though

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's pretty garbage until you play against a hunter, then it is EXTRAORDINARILY garbage.
    You should stop doing 2v2 since thats the only bracket a hunter will be remotely threatening...

I rarely ever do arena. Such small scale PVP is of little interest to me. It doesn't even feel like PVP to me. Whenever anyone says anything about the state of PVP, i never even consider it in an arena sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I rarely ever do arena. Such small scale PVP is of little interest to me. It doesn't even feel like PVP to me. Whenever anyone says anything about the state of PVP, i never even consider it in an arena sense at all.
    Why did you even respond in this thread?

I'll still bite. Sure it's small scale and sometimes feels more like a duel than anything, but it's still the best way to test your individual and team skills for PvP. Fighting at a chokepoint in Alterac Valley or in Ashran might feel more like a "war", but it's also a huge mess where individuality goes out the window and where anything you do feels pointless. In random BGs, any 5+vs5+ fight is simply a dps race with little though process.

The participation is very low (like lowest in the history of wow?), if that is relevant
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Like PvP, Twinking is for just for sad losers in need of an ego fluff.

And like PvP, Twinking do no matter.
    Found the second one in another thread you were in. Seems you have a real problem with how other people have fun. You should tell us what the issue is and maybe we can help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Found the second one in another thread you were in. Seems you have a real problem with how other people have fun. You should tell us what the issue is and maybe we can help you.
    Apparently being good at games "matters"

Can't wait til he puts on his job application "achieved gladiator in world of warcraft"

I enjoy WoD arena, although its been stripped to its bare minimum components, and is more about not doing mistakes by doing same thing over and over again and reacting properly, rather than super MLG outplays.

But i am not qualified enough to talk about Duelist+ Gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    Why did you even respond in this thread?

I'll still bite. Sure it's small scale and sometimes feels more like a duel than anything, but it's still the best way to test your individual and team skills for PvP. Fighting at a chokepoint in Alterac Valley or in Ashran might feel more like a "war", but it's also a huge mess where individuality goes out the window and where anything you do feels pointless. In random BGs, any 5+vs5+ fight is simply a dps race with little though process.
    For the perspective of others. The arena people I know, do it for the higher cap and to cap their conquest quicker (or just don't like ashran), but as a mostly healer in PVP, I know I've won a ton of BGs on my own (something like 25million heals, next highest is 12 million, we win with 20 resources etc), but i know that's not always the case for people - class specifics really. Just feels more heroic defeating 40 than 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.