Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pristine servers have nothing to do with Vanilla servers. People ask for 1.12 wow server, not server based on 6.2 with removed features which will be terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people would just instead of expecting things to fail and having so much negativity would just for one damn day of their lives feel positive about things, I think they would be surprised with the outcome. Why with the announcement of this "Pristine Realm" do people automatically expect it to fail.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Then... Don't? I don't see the problem.

Nobody who wants to play vanilla wants to also be connected to everyone playing Legion. Well, maybe some do, but I sure don't. I'd love it if it were a new game. Hell, I'd pay a separate sub just to have access to the legacy realms.
    Personally I'd love to see pristine servers, depending on implementation. I'm not sure how they would adjust the scaling that was in cata, maybe they increase the 1-60 xp you needed or lower the xp you get from quest, would be interesting if they had realm first achievements on them. I would like lfr/lfg still possible but you'd maybe need to form the groups first.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    However, there's a good chance I would keep playing on a WotLK realm. Cause that's the area when I started playing WoW,
    You "wrath babies" were reviled among the community for being the cause of WoW's downfall. Which I always thought was retarded for several reasons: 1. WotLK saw a buttload of new subscribers so a huge chunk of players are, in fact, "wrath babies", 2. that was when WoW's popularity peaked. It was also my favorite expansion (which is subjective as fuck) and I thought the game had a good balance of what it wanted to be back then. I wouldn't go back, though. I know a huge chunk of everything I loved about the game were my friends and I wouldn't play without them because I'd get bored after reaching max level and doing some HoR and wiping because the tank doesn't pull around the corner.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    The development about nostalrius talking with blizzard is interesting to say the least, we could be onto something here boys

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...06264740909056

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyken View Post
    Pretty sure Verigan's fist was better that anything in deadlines and lasted up until SM dungeons.
    100% it was me being bad then, but i do remember swapping it out, because of strength stat maybe? Tauren two-handed mallet seemed stronger to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's funny how you list exactly those Things which didn't affect anything to be the reason, why the game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    The development about nostalrius talking with blizzard is interesting to say the least, we could be onto something here boys

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...06264740909056
    Yes, that's my hopes too. I'm incredibly glad that Blizzard opened themselves for discussion. Hopefully this will end up being a good thing!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    100% it was me being bad then, but i do remember swapping it out, because of strength stat maybe? Tauren two-handed mallet seemed stronger to me
    It has better stats for ret, but verigan's fist has way better dps.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    It has better stats for ret, but verigan's fist has way better dps.
    Intellect and spirit weren't *useless* stats either. Not great, sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsupers View Post
    Why are people saying yes to pristine servers? It is literally gonna be the same as live, just slower boring leveling.... YAY!
    So its going to be just like vanilla like everyone is whining about wanting suddenly. I actually really hope Blizz one day release a legacy server so people can get their month of nostalgia in and realize/remember how terrible vanilla was. I doubt half the people on here bitching were even around during vanilla. Just people following along as usual only to end up disappointed when they finally see how bad, slow and boring the game used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    So its going to be just like vanilla like everyone is whining about wanting suddenly. I actually really hope Blizz one day release a legacy server so people can get their month of nostalgia in and realize/remember how terrible vanilla was. I doubt half the people on here bitching were even around during vanilla. Just people following along as usual only to end up disappointed when they finally see how bad, slow and boring the game used to be.
    I wasn't around during vanilla and after playing for a few weeks on a vanilla server, I haven't been this eager to play any game in years.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    whoa can't wait to re-live the authentic feeling of farming materials for 30 hours to be able to do an evening of pulls on loatheb.

or the fact that half the specs are complete toilet tier.

wait why do people want this again?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    You "wrath babies" were reviled among the community for being the cause of WoW's downfall. Which I always thought was retarded for several reasons: 1. WotLK saw a buttload of new subscribers so a huge chunk of players are, in fact, "wrath babies", 2. that was when WoW's popularity peaked. It was also my favorite expansion (which is subjective as fuck) and I thought the game had a good balance of what it wanted to be back then. I wouldn't go back, though. I know a huge chunk of everything I loved about the game were my friends and I wouldn't play without them because I'd get bored after reaching max level and doing some HoR and wiping because the tank doesn't pull around the corner.

Hah, yeah I remember! I also remember the dread that was "Gearscore" ... I never had that installed though. I just did ICC entry-level runs with my cute guild, we usually made it up to the Professor and got butchered

I was also super proud that I got the original "Explorer" and "Ambassador" achievements before Cata launch, exploring the entire vanilla map without flying, and getting all Alliance reps to exalted without tabards. I wanted to do Loremaster as well, but didn't make it, and now I have to live with the feeling that I never completed all Vanilla quests and most of them are gone forever ... ;___; ... at least I still have little Pamela's "Tea with Sugar" in my bank. I really miss the old Plaguelands, they were so desolate and creepy. Maaan now I wanna go on a legacy server to see them again.

I've always suggested the option of having access to the old Vanilla Azeroth via the Caverns of Time. That would certainly satisfy most of my Vanilla desires, since I care most about the world and quests than about Vanilla raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Of course, because it proves conclusively that Blizzard's "it's too difficult technically" argument is complete nonsense. As is their "we must protect our IP" argument. They seem to have incompetent technical and legal staff, or they just spew excuses.
    And another armchair expert replies...you people don't know your ass from your elbow but still spew ignorance...amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Hah, yeah I remember! I also remember the dread that was "Gearscore" ... I never had that installed though. I just did ICC entry-level runs with my cute guild, we usually made it up to the Professor and got butchered

I was also super proud that I got the original "Explorer" and "Ambassador" achievements before Cata launch, exploring the entire vanilla map without flying, and getting all Alliance reps to exalted without tabards. I wanted to do Loremaster as well, but didn't make it, and now I have to live with the feeling that I never completed all Vanilla quests and most of them are gone forever ... ;___; ... at least I still have little Pamela's "Tea with Sugar" in my bank. I really miss the old Plaguelands, they were so desolate and creepy. Maaan now I wanna go on a legacy server to see them again.

I've always suggested the option of having access to the old Vanilla Azeroth via the Caverns of Time. That would certainly satisfy most of my Vanilla desires, since I care most about the world and quests than about Vanilla raiding.
    The WPL and EPL are definitely less creepy, but at least the make sense now, questing-wise (everything's more organized and all that). Cata overall was a disaster, imo, but there's some zones I actually prefer post-Cata, like Thousand Needles. Not a big fan of the Un'goro changes, though. Pre-Cata Badlands were my mithril farm spot so that previously desolate spot will always have a spot in my heart for a weird reason since I normally hate the fuck out of farming.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Yes, that's my hopes too. I'm incredibly glad that Blizzard opened themselves for discussion. Hopefully this will end up being a good thing!
    they had to, they simply could not ignore this issue any longer considering the amount of talk about it, and the amount of streamers and YouTubers who have talked about the subject, and all of them have said the same thing, current wow sucks and legacy servers would be a good thing for the game, now its just a matter of getting them to do it, its gunna take some balls from blizzard to change how they operate and release something that for years they have said they would not allow.

the community has united and blizzard has listened.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The community is already fragmented into hundreds of servers, so that argument doesn't hold, IMO.
    All players can play with each other one way or another twords the same goal. It is not the case in inclusion of legacy servers scenario, hence fragmentation.
    There are ways to fix that though, as I mentioned launching seasonal realms and resetting them while the game is at content drought periods can be one way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be very interesting. Obviously the Nost server gave Blizzard the insight into how many people are interested in such a service (and these are the ones who actually knew about it and were fine with operating in a private server) and might play it. I personally would be interested if it came with the standard WoW subscription, mainly because I didn't want to put myself on a private server. Playing original WoW now that I'm older would be very interesting I think, I enjoyed it kind of back in the day but I was also like...13 lol.

Also, I know a lot of people are complaining that since Nost did it there shouldn't be any kind of technical issues, but I don't see it that way. Nost had the benefit of being disconnected from the regular WoW servers, they didn't have to operate essentially two versions of the game on the same system. Now I'm not in game dev, but I do program and build tools for people with my job and I can say that if I had to operate two versions of a tool, one of which is a few versions behind it wouldn't be as simple as just uploading it and saying "Alright! Use whichever you prefer!".

I have issues with Blizzard from time to time, but I trust them when they say it's not easy to do technically. I'm sure they've probably looked into it and wondered if it would be possible...heck they may have even run a few projects to test the viability, I dunno. All I can say is that people shouldn't be so quick to assume Blizzard is lying about this.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-04-26 at 12:49 PM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    I would play the shit out of a pristine version of the game actually. The accelerated XP makes it weird to level a character and vanilla has so many wonderful zones.