Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Due to the threat that an Old God empowered Warlord could possibly take over Azeroth and lead to an Old God victory.
    I think that was far from the point of Mists of Pandaria, and that Garrosh was at no point doing anyone's bidding but his own. But lets say that Siege of Orgrimmar was all about stopping a pawn of the Old Gods from taking over the world. What exactly is your argument against Azshara then...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think that was far from the point of Mists of Pandaria, nor do I think that Garrosh was at any point doing anyone's bidding but his own. But lets say that Siege of Orgrimmar was all about stopping a pawn of the Old Gods from taking over the world. What exactly is your argument against Azshara then...?
    That it would make more sense for the focus to be on the Old God in question? They won't have their individual expansions because there is not enough on each of them to justify a whole one for each. However having N'zoth be the final with Azshara being a mid would make more sense in progressing the story to where we focus on Sargeras and the Void Lords as a whole. Right now mortal villains are not the biggest threat given our new knowledge in the Chronicles. Garrosh was doing his own bidding, at the moment, but given time he would of most likely became more and more corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Still hoping we won't see N'Zoth or Azshara in Legion, at least as raid bosses (or dungeon bosses for that matter, but that would be a disgrace).
    Azshara is on par with a dungeon boss at this point or a mid tier/even first tier raid boss not even the end boss of a raid. I was giving her partial credit if she had Neptulon, but she doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Yeah, it's not spoilers, it's just telling people N'zoth is going to be in Legion and will probably be a big deal.

That's what a spoiler is, mate. If someone knows something more about Legion after reading the thread title than they did before they read it, you spoiled them. Even if it's just theories or fake, it creates expectations and makes the reader think they know more.

"[Spoilers] N'zoth and Legion" would be much more vague and safe. "This guy is in Legion and will probably be the last boss" is a spoiler. It doesn't matter if you don't give specific details of HOW he might be the final boss or what he's doing in Legion.
    Except it isn't since it's speculation. There was no definitive proof that what the title said was true.

- - - Updated - - -

That it would make more sense for the focus to be on the Old God in question? They won't have their individual expansions because there is not enough on each of them to justify a whole one for each. However having N'zoth be the final with Azshara being a mid would make more sense in progressing the story to where we focus on Sargeras and the Void Lords as a whole. Right now mortal villains are not the biggest threat given our new knowledge in the Chronicles. Garrosh was doing his own bidding, at the moment, but given time he would of most likely became more and more corrupted.
    That is completely untrue about Garrosh and the blues have said time and again that he was and would be in control as the heart was merely a power source, not corruption.

Also, our characters DO NOT know what was written in chronicle and most if not all of Azeroth doesn't know the majority of it.

Having a N'zoth expansion with Azshara as a mid would make sense, but I still believe she could manage as the final boss of an expansion herself. There's enough lore and foreshadowing there to set her up as such, and if MoP is anything to go by there's nothing stopping Blizzard from finding ways to fill the gaps. If nothing else, it would further stretch out N'zoth's role which, given that he's the last Old God we have on Azeroth, I think would be a good thing.

As for Garrosh, I think that's a definite possibility but not necessarily true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a N'zoth expansion with Azshara as a mid would make sense, but I still believe she could manage as the final boss of an expansion herself. There's enough lore and foreshadowing there to set her up as such, and if MoP is anything to go by there's nothing stopping Blizzard from finding ways to fill the gaps. If nothing else, it would further stretch out N'zoth's role which, given that he's the last Old God we have on Azeroth, I think would be a good thing.
    Well given they intended WoW to go on until 2020 or so, they can't extend it too long, problem is that Naga arn't interesting enough to have an entire expansion about, and people complained about a last orc raid and then an orc expansion, so they won't have Old God stuff in two expansions back to back. Given we need to deal with Sargeras, and then the Void Lords, that is two more expansions right there.

Well given they intended WoW to go on until 2020 or so, they can't extend it too long, problem is that Naga arn't interesting enough to have an entire expansion about, and people complained about a last orc raid and then an orc expansion, so they won't have Old God stuff in two expansions back to back. Given we need to deal with Sargeras, and then the Void Lords, that is two more expansions right there.
    Source for the 2020 bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Source for the 2020 bit?
    Im not 100% sure but i believe it was on the 10 year anniversary at blizzcon or something or another.

Im not 100% sure but i believe it was on the 10 year anniversary at blizzcon or something or another.
    You may be thinking of Watcher's statement on the topic of their 10th anniversary, where he claims there will definitely be a 20th one.

Whether naga are interesting enough for an expansion is too subjective and a little off topic, so I'm willing to agree to disagree on that. In either case, I agree N'zoth himself has been built up enough that I'd like to see him as a final boss, though I'm doubtful that Legion is that expansion.

N'Zoth is speaking through Xal'Atath and he's tricking us.

Void Lords are jealous of Titans, not for their power but for their creations and I mean expansion of life in a physical universe.
    Void Lords don't give a damn about Order or Arcane, like they don't give a damn about Fel and Chaos. They devour Light residues that is life. Demons are attracted to Titans' power (arcane) because it's a fuel for their fel nature.

Void Lords want to enter the physical plane (or the Great Dark Beyond) and have the greatest feast ever.
    So they send creatures we called Old Gods to infect the souls of nascent Titans.
    Once a world soul is corrupted, a Void Lord can take control and "exist" in the physical plane.

Old Gods have been sent on Azeroth, started to infect the world's soul but got stopped by the Pantheon and imprisoned deep down in the planet. N'Zoth is the last living (in our plane) Old God on Azeroth, and the Legion's Burning Crusade is a real threat to him.
    Now some intersting facts
    Fact #1 : the Well of Eternity was in fact Azeroth's deadly wound, caused by Aman'tul when he grabbed Yshjaar to kill him. Titans healed the wound because it was bleeding nascent Titan's essence (arcane) and it was killing him.
    Fact #2 : The first time Legion invaded Azeroth was right where this expansion takes place, because of the WoE's power.
    Fact #3 : Sargeras is a threat for Old Gods' plan, so N'Zoth corrupted Neltharion's mind, made him create the Dragon Soul artifact and used it to wipe Legion from Azeroth. Old Gods' idea was to incited Sargeras to use the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul to empower Legion's portal through Azeroth, causing a break in Old Gods' prisons. Then they could do whatever they wanted, take over the planet, stop the Legion and continue their corruption over Azeroth's soul.
    Fact #4 : We need the Pillars of Creation to close the Portal Gul'dan opens in Tomb of Sargeras. That portal leads to Argus
    Fact #5 : Illidan knows how to open a Portal into Kil'Jaeden's palace on Argus.
    Fact #6 : Illidan destroyed Nathrezim's planet when he led an expedition there, in order to find Argus' coordinates in Nathrezims' library.
    Fact #7 : To kill a demon definitely, you have to slay him on his birth plane (the Twisting Neither).

So we know that no matter what we'll have to close that portal, we learn in Illidan's novel that he had right intention from the beginning and his mission is to kill Kil'Jaeden once and for all. And we learn that he knows how to do it efficiently.

My guess is that N'Zoth is rushing us, through Xal'Atath, to close the portal and that won't be without consequences.
    It will create a great disaster, opening rifts into ocean and we'll free him.
    And then he will find a way to summon a void Lord, with Azshara and other's help.

Xal'Atath message is a manipulation, just a hint on how N'Zoth can foresee things and advantageously use situations.
    Like he did with Neltharion.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except it isn't since it's speculation. There was no definitive proof that what the title said was true.
    To someone avoiding spoilers, they can't know that. All they see is "[spoilers] N'zoth in Legion and possible final boss of Legion".

That creates expectations and makes most people think they read a spoiler. If it's speculation, that word should've been included in the title. Someone avoiding spoilers isn't going to click into the thread to check if the title was speculation or canon, they're going to hurry past, pissed at the spoiler they think they read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    N'Zoth is speaking through Xal'Atath and he's tricking us.

Void Lords are jealous of Titans, not for their power but for their creations and I mean expansion of life in a physical universe.
    Void Lords don't give a damn about Order or Arcane, like they don't give a damn about Fel and Chaos. They devour Light residues that is life. Demons are attracted to Titans' power (arcane) because it's a fuel for their fel nature.

Void Lords want to enter the physical plane (or the Great Dark Beyond) and have the greatest feast ever.
    So they send creatures we called Old Gods to infect the souls of nascent Titans.
    Once a world soul is corrupted, a Void Lord can take control and "exist" in the physical plane.

Old Gods have been sent on Azeroth, started to infect the world's soul but got stopped by the Pantheon and imprisoned deep down in the planet. N'Zoth is the last living (in our plane) Old God on Azeroth, and the Legion's Burning Crusade is a real threat to him.
    Now some intersting facts
    Fact #1 : the Well of Eternity was in fact Azeroth's deadly wound, caused by Aman'tul when he grabbed Yshjaar to kill him. Titans healed the wound because it was bleeding nascent Titan's essence (arcane) and it was killing him.
    Fact #2 : The first time Legion invaded Azeroth was right where this expansion takes place, because of the WoE's power.
    Fact #3 : Sargeras is a threat for Old Gods' plan, so N'Zoth corrupted Neltharion's mind, made him create the Dragon Soul artifact and used it to wipe Legion from Azeroth. Old Gods' idea was to incited Sargeras to use the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul to empower Legion's portal through Azeroth, causing a break in Old Gods' prisons. Then they could do whatever they wanted, take over the planet, stop the Legion and continue their corruption over Azeroth's soul.
    Fact #4 : We need the Pillars of Creation to close the Portal Gul'dan opens in Tomb of Sargeras. That portal leads to Argus
    Fact #5 : Illidan knows how to open a Portal into Kil'Jaeden's palace on Argus.
    Fact #6 : Illidan destroyed Nathrezim's planet when he led an expedition there, in order to find Argus' coordinates in Nathrezims' library.
    Fact #7 : To kill a demon definitely, you have to slay him on his birth plane (the Twisting Neither).

So we know that no matter what we'll have to close that portal, we learn in Illidan's novel that he had right intention from the beginning and his mission is to kill Kil'Jaeden once and for all. And we learn that he knows how to do it efficiently.

My guess is that N'Zoth is rushing us, through Xal'Atath, to close the portal and that won't be without consequences.
    It will create a great disaster, opening rifts into ocean and we'll free him.
    And then he will find a way to summon a void Lord, with Azshara and other's help.

Xal'Atath message is a manipulation, just a hint on how N'Zoth can foresee things and advantageously use situations.
    Like he did with Neltharion.
    This is actually pretty smart, and would be great to see it happening.

I mean you can totally sense from what he's saying that he's trying to be manipulative.

I wonder where this leads.

7+ Year Old Account
    That might rival Archimonde. Said from the perspective of Mannoroth, so that only gives us an idea not an absolute, and we have no clue as to what Nagafication has done for her, it might have only given her a marginal power boost compared to N'zoth's gift.
    Mannoroth specifically regarded Archimonde as being superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yogg saron was more powerful than the lich king, c'thun was stronger than kel'thuzad, lei shen was stronger than garrosh.
    Except none of that is objectively provable.
    Was the weakened Yogg-saron stronger than the Lich King?
    Was the weakened C'thun stronger than Kel'thuzad?
    Was the Thunder King stronger than the Y'shaarj-empowered Garrosh?

It's honestly a silly series of questions because there's no evidence to say either way.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    This is actually pretty smart, and would be great to see it happening.

I mean you can totally sense from what he's saying that he's trying to be manipulative.

I wonder where this leads.
    It really isn't since Nzoth was implied to be one of the weakest of the old gods contrary to what the headcanon people were saying before chronicle. Nzoth is a practically a non issue to us since we've defeated stronger old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It really isn't since Nzoth was implied to be one of the weakest of the old gods contrary to what the headcanon people were saying before chronicle. Nzoth is a practically a non issue to us since we've defeated stronger old gods.
    I didn't say that N'Zoth was powerful.
    The most "powerful" was Yshjaar since he was the most deeply implemented in the planet (or as we can picture it, Azeroth's egg).
    But don't see Old Gods as individuals threats, they follow one and only purpose, corruption of nascent Titans.
    And they never fought anyone directly before they got imprisonned, they used Aquir to build fortress around them to protect themselves against Elemental Lords' attacks, they used their minions to conquer Azeroth's surface which belonged to Elemental Lords.
    So, from the moment their plan started, they just needed to dig into Azeroth's surface to reach the nascent Titan and corrupt him.

If we fight N'Zoth, it won't be a ratio of power, it will be a race against time.
    N'Zoth will use allies, like Azshara, to slow us. Old Gods are insidious and manipulative, not conqueror and brutal fighters.
    We always had to confront them in their hiding place or prisons.

But I don't think they'll be the greatest threat in the next expansion, they will be a lead to the big plot.
    There is something that will happen that involves Naaru's coming on Azeroth. In Illidan's novel, Illidan met an elder Naaru on Argus when he was astral-travelling, he had a vision of himself as a servant of the Light. My guess is that we will meet the Elder Naaru when we will go on Argus for the last raid. Since Kil'Jaeden is sending all Legion's forces on Azeroth, we will have to stop him definitely.
    I suppose some events will bring Illidan to sacrifice himself, maybe he'll have to blow up Argus and he will die in the explosion.
    We know his soul is bound to the Twisting Neither, but the Elder Naaru can change demons' souls into something else (as we can see in Paladins' order hall quests). And testifying this great sacrifice, he will redeem Illidan's soul who'll become a champion of the Light.

Now back to Azerothians biggest enemies and threats, by order of urgency :
    - Legion under Kil'Jaeden's command : Kil'Jaeden wants to use Azeroth's power to empower himself.
    - Sargeras : he wants to destroy every worlds, because potential nascent Titans, because Void Lords' corruption
    - Old Gods (N'Zoth) : they want to infest Azeroth's world sould in order to bring Void Lords into the Great Dark Beyond
    - Azeroth : what happens if a nascent Titan cracks its egg (planet) ? Is the planet destroyed ?

Every threats are related to Azeroth's fate (or the Great Dark Beyond's fate but it's relative), so we know that the final stage will be on Azeroth.
    Blizzard said that Azeroth won't wake up (indeed, they can't reveal the end game) but it could be an end to the game (no more planet!)

Azshara is also a non issue honestly for us at this point. She couldn't take down Neptulon. Had she taken him down, I would have at least seen her as a raid boss maybe mid tier, but nope her pet is now his pet and she's got nothing. So basically Nzoth has a lady who the only thing keeping her from becoming a wretched is him turning her into a naga(which nowhere does it say being a naga does anything other than physical things).

The old gods themselves are pretty much no longer a threat to Azeroth unless more get launched to it or Azeroth is already so close to being fully corrupted.

Sargeras doesn't want to destroy all worlds, also. He only wants to destroy those with a titan soul which he can tell which is which.

When I wrote that poorly written title, the speculation I had was it implying, not N'zoth as the final boss of Legion but some form of Sargeras himself. Because that's the only way to actually remove the Legion as a threat. Defeat Sargeras once and for all. Without that we can't fulfill what the dagger, and Illidan novel stated: Legion doesn't matter, Void Lords do.

N'zoth mention was because it was the first time in quite awhile we got a very direct mention of him and where he's located.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    When I wrote that poorly written title, the speculation I had was it implying, not N'zoth as the final boss of Legion but some form of Sargeras himself. Because that's the only way to actually remove the Legion as a threat. Defeat Sargeras once and for all. Without that we can't fulfill what the dagger, and Illidan novel stated: Legion doesn't matter, Void Lords do.

N'zoth mention was because it was the first time in quite awhile we got a very direct mention of him and where he's located.
    I didn't say that N'Zoth and Azshara will be next expansion's end bosses, but they will have a role in the big plot.

Concerning Sargeras, we still don't know if he got back to his physical body, and I doubt that his avatar, buried in the Tomb Of Sargeras, is enough powerful to destroy the planet. It was just a trap to put his soul into Aegwynn's body.
    Don't forget that since Sargeras has been kicked out from Medhiv, his soul traveled the Great Dark Beyond to reach the Twisting Neither and it's a hell of a trip. Since then, the Legion's man in charge is Kil'Jaeden, and his only purpose with Azeroth is to feed himself with its energy sources, thing that would empower him in order to be Sargeras equal (and by the way he could get rid of him).
    But we killed Archimonde on AU Draenor, so Kil'Jaeden lost his greatest ally, Legion's armies commander, and now he launches every forces he got on Azeroth. That's why this invasion is like never before, the Legion has gone full throttle, and no matter if Sargeras is here or not, our victory implies Legion's end.

Once Sargeras lost his 2 precious commanders (KJ and Archi), he will have nobody to help him contain the demons armies.
    Plus Illidan destroyed Nathrezims' planet, If we kill the last Nathrezim bosses, lesser demons won't be enslaved anymore.
    Total Anarchy in Demons' plane, Sargeras will have to reconsider his Burning Crusade.

It doesn"t matter if we kill Sargeras or not, N'Zoth just used Xal'Atath to urge us to close the portal and create a break into his own prison, so he could finish the nascent Titan's corruption.
    Once he reaches Titan's soul and seed the void inside it, this Titan will be born of Shadow, and a Void Lord will take control of it.

We don't know what happens to life on a planet where a Titan awakes, does he crack the planet and destroy it? Does he simply pop out on the surface? Can Azeroth be awaken or since life on it has grown are we Azeroth ? If the world's soul is corrupted are we all corrupted? If so, will we use energy sources to summon the Void Lords ?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    maybe the old gods corrupted the titan inside azeroth, could be what he meant... but yeah it does seem odd
    if that was the case then it would be game over. Becaue literally nothing in the WoW universe could beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    If the world's soul is corrupted are we all corrupted? If so, will we use energy sources to summon the Void Lords ?
    If the world soul is corrupted probably something like this would happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be supprised if we didn't see any of N'zoth in legion based off of this comparison of the chronicle maps.