Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Was he playing wow in that video? I can't tell.
    no thats the new roonscraps

Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    I never had that problem and I leveled at least 4 characters to 60 during vanilla and tbc.

As he said, 3-4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    A few hundred? Did you afk 80% of that in Dalaran?

Hindsight is doing a terrible job with your judgment.
    I primarily dungeon grinded, as it was my favorite form of content due to the social aspect. The period I leveled was between 2.4 and 3.1 i want to say.

Sodapoppin is "a streamer/youtuber" now?

Ohkay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    So let me understand this. Someone who has access to every single XP boost in the game, uses every single xp boost in the game and levels quickly? How in the fuck is this anything but evidence that the xp boosts put in place are excellent?
    It's evidence that you can level to max level in less than 5 hours, nothing more, nothing less.

Your personal opinion drawn from that evidence is that it is excellent, but many other think it's a joke and doesn't belong in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    As he said, 3-4 times
    That took me 3-4 years, so act all clever if you want. It doesn't change anything. Leveling was way more engaging you had more ways to level up to end game content than you do now, the higher you get the narrower the path to keep going gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    Many of you people dont get it. You keep harping on with "B-but its not the same! Hes using items! The normal experience isnt like that!" The very fact that this option path EXISTS is part of the issue, alongside the character boosts themselves. Plus even without the potions you can still burn through leveling a character in under 3 days easy if you know what to do.
    And your last sentence is the exact point why these things are in the game. So that you can level faster if you want and if you know what to do (aka being an experiencd player).

So new player don´t know or can´t afford all these things and veterans may know and may be able to afford it and can CHOOSE to do so. Choice is great.

How about someone with experience makes the experiment of how long it takes to level a dps character without looms, potions and raf.
    That would be an interesting number.

It's evidence that you can level to max level in less than 5 hours, nothing more, nothing less.

Your personal opinion drawn from that evidence is that it is excellent, but many other think it's a joke and doesn't belong in the game.
    Well not exactly. If I make a new character right now and do exactly as soda did I won't get it in 5 hours.

Let's run through what I need to do:
    Buy rapid mind elixirs (easy)
    Buy swiftness pots (easy, negligible for large servers)
    Get some friends for RAF premades (varies, someone has to pay £ even if they have an account)
    Fully upgraded heirlooms for the char (the gold is racking up now...5 hours of rapid mind elixirs is 50k+ as it is)
    throw 10k's of gold at each RAF to get them heirlooms so they can keep up with the main account (this is getting ridiculous, maybe your friends will cover this?)
    Get your friends rapid mind elixirs + swiftness pots (let's just dump 1m gold into lvling 3 chars!)

I mean other than the RAF difficulties (And delicacy to setup) this is mostly just a fuckton of gold, it can be handwaved if you're filthy rich and have a few friends willing to have chars on alt accounts. Granted this needs to be organized but ok... whatever.

Krol pot, 2 each required by the video.

Well this is awkward. Krol is a heavily camped rare with a 10% droprate 45~min spawntime. That's on average 15 hours camping for each person involved before we consider competition & assuming they can consistently camp on different CRZ pools. That puts us at 20 hours & over 100k spent per character. There are alternatives to krol, but one requires farming timeless coins for a 2% drop chance (you can kill a bit more than 10 in 45mins, at least until you run out of coins at which point this is probably worse).

Fortunately they did add another method to obtain these elixirs! The Partially digested bag has a 30% chance to contain the elixir - and is a 15*% drop chance from specific nagrand rares. What's that *? Oh, it's just the inflated droprate since this got nerfed, and seems to be lower than displayed. We'll go with 5% as that seems to be the values people found most accurate from farming including 300+ samples. That's a little over 1% per rare. There's a bright side though! These rares are easy to farm as draenor isn't full CRZ - meaning you can reasonably kill 1 per 5 minutes actively farming. To get 200 kills (the average) that'd be over 15...oh... well at least it's a more definite way of doing things. Sure you can go some amoun faster here, too - a geared character can dispatch these guys quick and find another, reasonably killing 2 in 5 minutes!

This ofcourse, was not factored in as soda's fans paid for & farmed it all.

Outside of the generally not considered character boost (due to the cost) all these methods take time ingame still. You can level pretty fast with looms + RAF + pot, even if you cover your buddies RAF acc loom costs to do it, or fairly fast with looms + pot.

The moment the ancient knowledge pot gets thrown in though this becomes "it would've been faster without"
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-04-26 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice! That was fun to watch

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    I don't understand. Is this Bazarro world? I just starting playing WoW and I am doing it fairly casually. Have 20 hours on my character with half of the heirlooms and I am only level 67. I have friends who have been playing casually for a 30 something hours and they are level 60 something.

It seems like you believe that either all players who don't get to max level in 10 hours sucks balls or some other magic mind logic because for you to present a fact that you are against as personal opinion (meaning that the fact that it is fast and you hate it is also a joke and does not belong in the game, and this is fine, its your opinion) but some how your personal opinion is more valid.
    It's impressive that you know my personal opinion in the matter, since I never stated it.

I only explained what the point of this video was to someone who missed it, since I watch a lot of Sodapoppins streams and understands how he thinks. That guy is a vanilla preacher and one of the things he really doesn't like with the new game is that levelling is pretty non-existant and unimportant, and he made this video just to ridicule the fact that you can level to max level in 5 hours at all, something that was very unfathomable in what he considers the superior versions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Well not exactly. If I make a new character right now and do exactly as soda did I won't get it in 5 hours.
    Again, sorry if my post was unclear, I wasn't stating my opinion, only explaining what the point of this video was since I watch a lot of Sodapoppins streams and saw him getting prepared for this and know that the reasoning was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "No RAF!"

(Except with the 300% RAF XP bonus)

Oh. Ok. Glad we cleared that up.
    Well, the 300% bonus is nothing compared to the free levels you can get, so explaining that those levels wasn't used is kind of important. I have levelled a toon to 70 in 1 minute, which is even more impressive than Chances 1 hour.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-04-26 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well, the 300% bonus is nothing compared to the free levels you can get, so explaining that those levels wasn't used is kind of important. I have levelled a toon to 70 in 1 minute, which is even more impressive than Chances 1 hour.
    Ignoring the time it took to collect the levelspreviously, which you seem to be just as soda at including.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    Many of you people dont get it. You keep harping on with "B-but its not the same! Hes using items! The normal experience isnt like that!" The very fact that this option path EXISTS is part of the issue, alongside the character boosts themselves. Plus even without the potions you can still burn through leveling a character in under 3 days easy if you know what to do.
    No, it isn't an issue when the preparation is taking much of, if not all the time he is saving.
    In addition to the cost.

This was an extreme "what if" scenario which there are no sensible reasons to replicate for typical levelling.
    And you make a point about it being trivial when someone is experienced, as in "they know what to do".
    That matters a lot.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-26 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but it's still dishonest.

If WoW is so bad, I don't understand why people have to try so hard to come up with intellectually dishonest "examples" like this.
    How is this dishonest? It's just showing how ridiculously easy it is to level with all the xp boosting going on. It doesn't specifically say that sub-5 hours run are common, just that they are possible. And some people think that a possible, albeit meticulously planned, 5 hour run to get to max level is stupid. Especially considering that it's only the third fastest levelling option, after plainly buying your max level char or using the RAF instaboosting.

The point is: "levelling is way too easy, here's an extreme example which also is entertaining," not "everyone can get 100 in sub 5 hours."
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-04-26 at 03:33 PM.

How is this dishonest? It's just showing how ridiculously easy it is to level with all the xp boosting going on. It doesn't specifically say that sub-5 hours run are common, just that they are possible. And some people think that a possible, albeit meticulously planned, 5 hour run to get to max level is stupid. Especially considering that it's only the third fastest levelling option, after plainly buying your max level char or using the RAF instaboosting.

The point is: "levelling is way too easy, here's an extreme example which also is entertaining," not "everyone can get 100 in sub 5 hours."
    The moment you're discluding the time put in to prepare for that you have no valid argument. Accumulating RAF levels takes time, for 99+% of the player base it doesn't just happen naturally. As does farming all this stuff. If you aren't including that stuff, it's dishonest.

As I said, heirlooms only give you 90 in 70 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Ehhh, I feel like you're doing it wrong if it takes you 70 hours to level to 90 with full heirlooms.
    (Given that your only goal is to level fast)

It shouldn't take neaaaarly as long. (Although I have 21 alts at 85 or above so it comes easier to me)

The moment you're discluding the time put in to prepare for that you have no valid argument. Accumulating RAF levels takes time, for 99+% of the player base it doesn't just happen naturally. As does farming all this stuff. If you aren't including that stuff, it's dishonest.
    I even wrote it out in a single comprehensible sentence after my post. You're still completely missing the point, and I really can't put it any simpler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Based on what? My last char was 100 in 40 hours, and that was including some transmog farming and bgs, and without tryharding. This number feels very off to me.

I even wrote it out in a single comprehensible sentence after my post. You're still completely missing the point, and I really can't put it any simpler.
    The point is incorrect, because it's not 5 hours, is it? That prep time counts even if you choose to conveniently ignore it because soda did to fit his argument.

Deleted
    Oh my god. Just look how he uses his skills. He is the most awesome player ever, the effectiveness of his game style is unique. Method should pay him triple amount of their regular players.

The point is incorrect, because it's not 5 hours, is it? That prep time counts even if you choose to conveniently ignore it because soda did to fit his argument.
    No, the point is that levelling is too easy. Not that you can get 100 in sub 5 hours. That is just an example to prove that point.

Another example, that he could've made, is to just buy the 300% pots and get the RAF, which is around 5 minutes of planning, and still gotten to 100 in what, 8 hours? Which is still ridiulously fast and proves the same point. But he chose the more extreme and entertaining example, because that's what he is, an entertainer.

Nobody here is conveniently ignoring anything. You're just failing to see the bigger picture, and has for whatever reason decided to get hung up on arbitrary details instead.

No, the point is that levelling is too easy. Not that you can get 100 in sub 5 hours. That is just an example to prove that point.

Another example, that he could've made, is to just buy the 300% pots and get the RAF, which is around 5 minutes of planning, and still gotten to 100 in what, 8 hours? Which is still ridiulously fast and proves the same point. But he chose the more extreme and entertaining example, because that's what he is, an entertainer.

Nobody here is conveniently ignoring anything. You're just failing to see the bigger picture, and has for whatever reason decided to get hung up on arbitrary details instead.
    But you see that distinction is important, RAF + buying looms on the chars + pots for a now up to 8~hours is a colossal amount of gold.

By gold to token costs it'd be cheaper to buy a boost, I believe.

A point is made when the example used is valid & reasonable and all factors are accounted for. Without that it's just a streamer clickbaiting his way as he does.