Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wow that thread really paid off didn't it. Of course pristine servers are a long way from a vanilla server, but hey it got the ball rolling!
    Yes it did! Keep it up lads.

With the way Blizzard has been in the past, I would not be surprised if they offer the Pristine server, people shoot it down because it was not what they asked for, and Blizzard says "see, the community did not want a legacy server".

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Pristine servers. Lol, what a joke.
    That is not what we want at all. I want to step into a time capsule back to 2004 and play the game exactly as it was then.
    You sound like you didn't play vanilla. It was and will always be trash.

One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.
    Shut em down and give them jobs to run official vanilla servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Once you hit level cap and clear everything and gear up what then? Another alt to do the same?
    You're kinda missing the point.

People don't play vanilla realms for the 'content' alone, since everyone already cleared all (or most of it) several times, over the near 12 years of its existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    You sound like you didn't play vanilla. It was and will always be trash.
    Hahaha, just another sound argument against private realms! oh wait, it's not, just another whiny shit post.

Pristine Realms sound nice for something of an official intake of the IronMan Challenge...but other than that I dont think that would ever be the fix for a Legacy Server.
    I mean, 1-60 zones are Cata zones now, not like Vanilla. Same goes to all the Gear, Gold, Mobs, and Classes. So all it would be doing it just slowing down the leveling pace, nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vraul Jawrip View Post
    Wow, never though I'd see the day where Blizzard would acknowledge a private server by name.
    Same here! They even talked to them.

Reasons why I enjoyed vanilla that won't come back with a vanilla server:
    I had finished college and was in a laid back job
    I had tons of free time to grind/play
    I had little RL responsibilities
    I had never played an MMO before (I literally never used roads because it would increase the likelihood I'd run in the other faction and I had around 1kms ping at the time)

Reasons why I enjoyed Vanilla
    There were no faction/server xfers. People knew each other and your existence wasn't diluted (unless if you wanted anonymity)
    Faction rivalry was strong both in game and RL. You could see that in game and on forums.
    The game was less polished but there was more in a way. Organised world pvp was a thing before BGs, huge boss roadblocks, content that you could only access if you beat the boss at a single difficulty level, etc

Pristine servers wouldn't really restore those unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    The second most shittiest city in America Boston, Ma
    I may be wrong, and if I am pass me a big ol slice of humble pie. This statement reeks of bull poo-doo doo. Pristine Severs are Blizzards bullshit answer to what fans actually want. Ever since the end of BC, Blizzard's been half assin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by curtislow011 View Post
    What about taking the team that is working on in game mini games and putting that team towards legacy servers?
    Because game designers are really good at coding /Kappa

Why don't the people who want a vanilla server go to Blizzard hq and protest and block traffic? It seems to be an effective tactic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    With the way Blizzard has been in the past, I would not be surprised if they offer the Pristine server, people shoot it down because it was not what they asked for, and Blizzard says "see, the community did not want a legacy server".
    Finally you can see what they did there. That was their point. This way they can easily kill that legacy hype. Disgusting immoral and shameless move but the end of the day they can say "we spit on their grave".

Deleted
    Blizzard's claims about needing to protect their IP don't really hold water. It's not even clear exactly what IP the Nostalrius guys were violating. All of the actual content is contained in the client, the Nostalrius guys just reverse engineered the server code. They weren't using any Blizzard code or assets. Even if that were not the case, Blizzard granting these guys a license to their IP would not have been hard. Give the Nostalrius guys a perpetual not transferable license to run a WoW server, charge them $1, job done.

I also don't buy Blizzard's argument that it is too hard to set up a Vanilla server. A bunch of hobbyists literally reverse engineered a Vanilla server and got it running stable. How hard can it possibly be for professionals who actually have access to the original source code?
    Last edited by mmocb86fbed2f6; 2016-04-26 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Non profit Nostalrius server with Blizz licence to operate under non-profit. So why the hell is this such a problem?

Being lazy and greedy is the biggest obstacle here. I guess board of "directors" have to see profit for them and share holders before they allow people to have fun.

No I would not, Pristine Servers are NOT Legacy Servers. They are just Post Cata Servers with QoL Improvements removed. While that would be great for people who love the Cata to current content, and there is nothing wrong with them enjoying that, I would not because I am a Legacy Vanilla WoW lover and That is not even a compromise for what we are asking for and fighting for. If they can put all the effort into something like that, that would be wonderful for their current player base, but to get money back from players who want Vanilla etc this will not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Reasons why I enjoyed vanilla that won't come back with a vanilla server:
    I had finished college and was in a laid back job
    I had tons of free time to grind/play
    I had little RL responsibilities
    I had never played an MMO before (I literally never used roads because it would increase the likelihood I'd run in the other faction and I had around 1kms ping at the time)
    QFT.
    I'm fairly convinced ppl idealized vanilla wow as the peak of the game itself, but given the chance to play it again they'd be bored pretty damn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    And then people will remember having to buff 40man raids one. by. one.
    And then the people will rejoice at the current meta and blizz will have lost resources on listening to fools yet again.
    that implies that they would get to endgame when more then half of them would stop leveling below 30-40 due to how retarded shitty slow and boring leveling was

Can't protect your IP?

1: Buy Nostalrius.
    2: Employ and control anyone that works on it.
    3: Their "work" is your "property" by contract and all other right.

That's the clear legal path. As for effort, you just have to use what they already have.

Money? When you control it... only subs can use it.

I wouldn't play a pristine server unless it was like the progression servers they have in other games. Would be cool to patch it with a new raid every year. I'd prefer to go up to wrath. To me this game ended with the Lich King. We're in the epilogue now where nothing matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenocide View Post
    QFT.
    I'm fairly convinced ppl idealized vanilla wow as the peak of the game itself, but given the chance to play it again they'd be bored pretty damn soon.
    Wrong! It was interaction with players that made it so much fun. Now you just click find me random assholes to play with... BOOM DUNGEON.
    Making friends > shitty gameplay.